It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: TinyE needs his hearing aids checked if you're hearing it like that.
Honesty E how would I know you have hearing aids? I was being facetious to your sarcasm.
GameRager: To me i'll eat it even with grain meal as long as the cows aren't fed with bone meal/animal parts as meal filler(It just seems a tad wrong to me).
Well, the thing is that it is not safe, as was seen with the mad cows crises.

It is actually forbidden in the European Union, since the nineties IIRC. Still in practice in the States?

About grain meal (often corn, also soya since the ban on feeding cows to cows), that complement it is the only way if you do not have pastures enough (or at all). The problem lies in the practice of adding massive quantities of antibiotics or administering hormones for water retention in the tissues of the animal.
GameRager: To me i'll eat it even with grain meal as long as the cows aren't fed with bone meal/animal parts as meal filler(It just seems a tad wrong to me).
Carradice: Well, the thing is that it is not safe, as was seen with the mad cows crises.

It is actually forbidden in the European Union, since the nineties IIRC. Still in practice in the States?

About grain meal (often corn, also soya since the ban on feeding cows to cows), that complement it is the only way if you do not have pastures enough (or at all). The problem lies in the practice of adding massive quantities of antibiotics or administering hormones for water retention in the tissues of the animal.
I'm not big into the adding of hormones but imo I have no issue with antitiotics in some cases(if only used when the animal needs them to fight off an illness and NOT for every cow).

As for bone meal, yeah they mainly banned that here as well, and good thing too......getting a prion disease would NOT be my idea of fun, lemma tell ya.
GameRager: ...I have no issue with antitiotics in some cases(if only used when the animal needs them to fight off an illness and NOT for every cow).
The problem is they're not used in just some cases.
GameRager: ...I have no issue with antitiotics in some cases(if only used when the animal needs them to fight off an illness and NOT for every cow).
ariaspi: The problem is they're not used in just some cases.
Hence why I said in some cases. :\
It's official,video games are tagged as addictive and in the category listings of gambling and drugs.

Well,I could of told them years ago and for free and not like them sitting around a table getting massive wages to make a decision.
Post edited May 28, 2019 by Tauto
Tauto: It's official,video games are tagged as addictive and in the category listings of gambling and drugs.

Well,I could of told them years ago and for free and not like them sitting around a table getting massive wages to make a decision.
And sadly enough some are taking it as a personal attack/silly and complaining/joking about it....like TheQuartering. Sometimes he posts good stuff about censorship/bias in gaming but he made a new video recently saying stuff like people will be going to therapy for world of warcraft while sitting next to legitimate stuff like depression/etc cases.

To me, it would seem by that vid he is taking this as an 'attack" on gamers akin to the GTA/etc ban attempts in the past but imo it's much more well intentioned and better overall than those things.
Tauto: It's official,video games are tagged as addictive and in the category listings of gambling and drugs.

GameRager: And sadly enough some are taking it as a personal attack/silly and complaining/joking about it....like TheQuartering. Sometimes he posts good stuff about censorship/bias in gaming but he made a new video recently saying stuff like people will be going to therapy for world of warcraft while sitting next to legitimate stuff like depression/etc cases.

To me, it would seem by that vid he is taking this as an 'attack" on gamers akin to the GTA/etc ban attempts in the past but imo it's much more well intentioned and better overall than those things.
WTF are you talking about?
GameRager: And sadly enough some are taking it as a personal attack/silly and complaining/joking about it....like TheQuartering. Sometimes he posts good stuff about censorship/bias in gaming but he made a new video recently saying stuff like people will be going to therapy for world of warcraft while sitting next to legitimate stuff like depression/etc cases.

Tauto: WTF are you talking about?
This video by TheQuartering.....an otherwise usually fine youtube commentor. He basically mocks the new bill/law as if all those who need help are WOW addicts and those who play too much in general, without pointing out the more serious cases who might actually need help.
Tauto: WTF are you talking about?
GameRager: This video by TheQuartering.....an otherwise usually fine youtube commentor. He basically mocks the new bill/law as if all those who need help are WOW addicts and those who play too much in general, without pointing out the more serious cases who might actually need help.
Now I understand and I wont watch some clown tell me that it's been singled out to a certain game as that would be crap.I've been addicted to games for years and I don't need some twits from W.H.O. telling me,something that is fact after all these years and collect a massive wage and think that they have done mankind a huge favor for pointing out the obvious.
GameRager: This video by TheQuartering.....an otherwise usually fine youtube commentor. He basically mocks the new bill/law as if all those who need help are WOW addicts and those who play too much in general, without pointing out the more serious cases who might actually need help.
Tauto: Now I understand and I wont watch some clown tell me that it's been singled out to a certain game as that would be crap.I've been addicted to games for years and I don't need some twits from W.H.O. telling me,something that is fact after all these years and collect a massive wage and think that they have done mankind a huge favor for pointing out the obvious.
No, he uses those games as joke examples to "prove" the new law is crap. The law/guideline/etc covers any serious game addiction afaik.

You are also missing the point here, imo......with this new guidelines people can now ideally legally/etc get help(medical/therapy/etc) for video game related addictions without being told to basically f off for lack of coverage by therapists/doctors/etc because it has been classified as a problem/addiction. So imo this is a good thing for some with major addiction/issues related to gaming too much.
Tauto: Now I understand and I wont watch some clown tell me that it's been singled out to a certain game as that would be crap.I've been addicted to games for years and I don't need some twits from W.H.O. telling me,something that is fact after all these years and collect a massive wage and think that they have done mankind a huge favor for pointing out the obvious.
GameRager: No, he uses those games as joke examples to "prove" the new law is crap. The law/guideline/etc covers any serious game addiction afaik.

You are also missing the point here, imo......with this new guidelines people can now ideally legally/etc get help(medical/therapy/etc) for video game related addictions without being told to basically f off for lack of coverage by therapists/doctors/etc because it has been classified as a problem/addiction. So imo this is a good thing for some with major addiction/issues related to gaming too much.
lol. And the Doctor will say....''Really?..Okay,my solution is Will Power.''....''Turn off the console/pc or whatever and get to back to work''..........The Boss,seeing the Sick Certificate will say...''You can play games all day now,because you are FIRED!''.....The way I see it,it's like all other addictions and Will Power is the common fix.

W.H.O. are a bunch of useless,overpaid bureaucrats that state this and that and make life harder for all with their obvious Medical Laws that arrive years too late and are useless in the first place.As for me the thread was worth a few laughs and I will carry on gaming happily and some others are missing the point also,which is above....lol.
GameRager: No, he uses those games as joke examples to "prove" the new law is crap. The law/guideline/etc covers any serious game addiction afaik.

Tauto: lol. And the Doctor will say....''Really?..Okay,my solution is Will Power.''....''Turn off the console/pc or whatever and get to back to work''..........The Boss,seeing the Sick Certificate will say...''You can play games all day now,because you are FIRED!''.....The way I see it,it's like all other addictions and Will Power is the common fix.

W.H.O. are a bunch of useless,overpaid bureaucrats that state this and that and make life harder for all with their obvious Medical Laws that arrive years too late and are useless in the first place.As for me the thread was worth a few laughs and I will carry on gaming happily and some others are missing the point also,which is above....lol.
For those that need the help and lack the willpower, though, this will be a godsend(I'm not talking about those who simply play too long voluntarily but those with a strong compulsions to keep playing and also possibly avoid other IRL stuff/those who waste a ton of money through gacha transactions/etc.).

Also: Sometimes just saying "that person isn't strong willed enough & they can simply just say no to whatever they're addicted to" isn't all there is to it.....some people cannot quit something even if they wanted to. Take my one parent and possibly many others with addiction to alcohol/drugs from genetics/family history/etc who have tried quitting multiple times and always fell back on the bottle/pill/needle/etc.
Tauto: lol. And the Doctor will say....''Really?..Okay,my solution is Will Power.''....''Turn off the console/pc or whatever and get to back to work''..........The Boss,seeing the Sick Certificate will say...''You can play games all day now,because you are FIRED!''.....The way I see it,it's like all other addictions and Will Power is the common fix.

GameRager: For those that need the help and lack the willpower, though, this will be a godsend(I'm not talking about those who simply play too long voluntarily but those with a strong compulsions to keep playing and also possibly avoid other IRL stuff/those who waste a ton of money through gacha transactions/etc.).

Also: Sometimes just saying "that person isn't strong willed enough & they can simply just say no to whatever they're addicted to" isn't all there is to it.....some people cannot quit something even if they wanted to. Take my one parent and possibly many others with addiction to alcohol/drugs from genetics/family history/etc who have tried quitting multiple times and always fell back on the bottle/pill/needle/etc.
Yes,you are unfortunately correct and until they invent some ''magic'' cure all pills then it will always be the same.
Tauto: Yes,you are unfortunately correct and until they invent some ''magic'' cure all pills then it will always be the same.
True, but also for some the therapy(group/etc) can help offer some comfort and encouragement to some such people.