It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Freeze frame.

Vaporum, the steampunk, grid-based dungeon crawler, has been receiving a steady stream of fixes and improvements that gradually made the game more accessible to people with certain disabilities. Now the big Accessibility Update takes this one step further, introducing an optional Stop Time Mode, available at a touch of a button.

What Stop Time Mode does is automatically pause the game when you're not taking any action, giving you more time to plan your next move when things look hectic or help you more easily execute a time-sensitive action while solving a tricky puzzle. On top of that, Fatbot Games added an on-screen directional keypad to enhance that old-school feeling, plus item comparison tooltips that help you decide which piece of gear to equip.

Vaporum is now 35% off until December 11, 6PM UTC.

If you want to know more about the Accessibility Update, you can always head over to the devs' blog.
high rated
Curious whether we'll get comments about how introducing pause to this game destroys it, like the comments for SOMA's easy mode.
I wished more developers would take this route.
In my games library are meanwhile more games I gave up on, than games I actually play.

As soon as I'll get a better PC, I'll buy this game, just for this update. Until then: on the wishlist it goes.

Thanks to Fatbot Games!!!
JMich: Curious whether we'll get comments about how introducing pause to this game destroys it, like the comments for SOMA's easy mode.
hahaha for sure! :D
JMich: Curious whether we'll get comments about how introducing pause to this game destroys it, like the comments for SOMA's easy mode.
Curious that we get another newspost about a similar feature in such a short time. Will another game get a similar update+newspost next week?

Once is chance, twice is coincidence, third time is a pattern/enemy action.
Grateful for the update and care for this game.

Thank you, FatBot :)
I hope not, I couldn't comment on that thread as some of the attitudes expressed were pissing me off too much to respond to civilly. I work with people of many different disabilities as an educational support worker.

Soma's safe mode is a great example of letting players experience aspects of the game they would enjoy (for example the story) without elements they don't enjoy or are unable to enjoy preventing them from progressing. The people saying they should just go and play another game were at best shockingly ignorant. Anyone who complains about this will be on another level though.

Besides, isn't this basically like the active-pause thing Baldur's Gate uses?
SirPrimalform: Besides, isn't this basically like the active-pause thing Baldur's Gate uses?
Actually, it sounds more like the way roguelikes work; when you aren't doing anything, the whole world is stopped, but once you perform an action (like moving), the entire world gets to move.

Basically, it makes the game turn-based rather than real-time (not even real-time with pause).
Suddenly wondering if Time Gal would be good in an RPG.
high rated
dtgreene: Actually, it sounds more like the way roguelikes work; when you aren't doing anything, the whole world is stopped, but once you perform an action (like moving), the entire world gets to move.
Yes, this is pretty spot on.
Hmmm, turn based makes this game much more interesting to me... still not sure it's for me but it's definitely more like something I'd buy now.
Looks like they pulled an Almost Human move, which is why I champion A-AAA independent developers/publishers and completely hold the AAA gaming/film industry in utter contempt!

Looks like another game to add to the collection!
Post edited December 06, 2017 by takezodunmer2005
I want to make it clear that I'm not singling out this developer or game with this post. Adding accessibility options for those that need them is always a good thing.

That said:

Am I the only person that dislikes the recent trend of highlighting that an update is free? Are we to start paying for updates in the near future?
Post edited December 06, 2017 by The_Gypsy
high rated
The_Gypsy: Am I the only person that dislikes the recent trend of highlighting that an update is free? Are we to start paying for updates in the near future?
I think it's basically just a way of highlighting that a game has had major new features or changes, and it's tagged as free so it's clear it isn't a new DLC or other content which has to be purchased.

Seeing as GOG news items are mostly used for releases or sales it makes sense to tag it prominently as free so there is no confusion.
high rated
The_Gypsy: I want to make it clear that I'm not singling out this developer or game with this post. Adding accessibility options for those that need them is always a good thing.

That said:

Am I the only person that dislikes the recent trend of highlighting that an update is free? Are we to start paying for updates in the near future?
Hey The_Gypsy!

All our updates are free, implicitly. But we never advertise them as being something special because they're free. We think that supporting a game for a reasonable amount of time after release without asking for more money from gamers is the right thing to do, and "free" updates are the norm, not an exclusivity. I believe the GOG's wording here uses the term "free" explicitly to make it 100% clear, not to make it sound awesome or something. :)

Hope this sheds some light on this from our perspective.