It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

No Man's Sky: Beyond, a free content update is now available, DRM-free.. Get No Man's Sky 50% off until August 21st, 5 PM UTC.

Beyond contains three major updates rolled into one larger free release. These changes are a mix of features Hello Games have been dreaming of for a while, and a reaction to how they have seen folks playing since the release of NEXT.

An expanded online experience brings a radical new social and multiplayer experience which empowers players everywhere in the universe to meet and play together. Meanwhile, VR support brings the entire game experience to life in virtual reality.

Below is a brief summary of what you can find in BEYOND:

– Virtual Reality support
– VR user Interface
– VR user interactions
– VR controller support
– 16-32 multiplayer
– Multiplayer missions
– Ambient multiplayer
– A new social hub
– New traveller NPCs
– Dynamic NPCs
– Alien Languages
– New alien encounters
– Technology trees
– Gameplay Balance
– Discovery Page overhaul
– Planetary Charts
– Creature taming/riding/milking
– Cooking & Recipes
– Cooler Aliens
– Improved base building
– Power & Logic & Industrial Bases
– Optimisation
– Starship enhancements
– First person exocraft driving
– Vulkan
– PC graphics options
– Expanded controller support
– Sitting
– Version 2.0
novumZ: Thanks for being a nice person.
faroot: If you cared about being nice, you'd give a direct answer to a direct question -- a whole series of direct questions.

As it is, you come across as a troll who is trying to scare people away from nvidia, without even giving a reason.
You're such a dork.

I had problem with drivers updates too. Nvidia and Ati even more. Once you had some issues with your hardware because of drivers updates and game performance taken out, you don't trust these companies to offer PERFECT drivers every times. And that is precisely why sometimes they release 2 versions of their drivers in 2 days. It is because they are broken for some systems.
Post edited August 16, 2019 by kasasensei
Hello. I'm a VR user, I just managed to make it run on my Vive Pre.

The goal of this post is to help others that bought it on GoG and are using Galaxy 2.0, which DOES NOT have the option to launch in VR (facepalm time).

1 - Download and install latest OpenVR release for your OS (At the time of posting this, 3.2 is the latest one). Link: https://github.com/OpenVR-Advanced-Settings/OpenVR-AdvancedSettings/releases

2 - Either add the game to Steam's library (Steam client > Games > Add a non-Steam game > No Man's Sky (OpenVR)), OR navigate to the game's "Binaries" subfolder (in my scenario, it's C:\Games\No Man's Sky\Binaries, yours may vary), then right click NMS.exe and create a shortcut (remember to move it where you want it to be).

3 - Edit the shortcut either at the steam client or the one you manually created. At the end of the "target" field, add a space and this text: -HmdEnable

It should read something like: "C:\Games\No Man's Sky\Binaries\NMS.exe" -HmdEnable

4 - Launch SteamVR, once it's up and running, launch No Man's Sky in VR using the shortcut or at the steam client.

That's it. Hope this helps people out.
faroot: If you cared about being nice, you'd give a direct answer to a direct question -- a whole series of direct questions.

As it is, you come across as a troll who is trying to scare people away from nvidia, without even giving a reason.
kasasensei: You're such a dork.

I had problem with drivers updates too. Nvidia and Ati even more. Once you had some issues with your hardware because of drivers updates and game performance taken out, you don't trust these companies to offer PERFECT drivers every times. And that is precisely why sometimes they release 2 versions of their drivers in 2 days. It is because they are broken for some systems.
No such thing as perfect drivers.
If you get a bad driver just wait and they'll fix.
What makes one beter than the other as far as drivers go is the speed they fix their bugs.
So drivers glitches are not really a differentiator, they all have problem releases here and there.
All in all, not a terrible update, considering the history of problems with older amd cpu's like my phenom II.
Only took 2 fixes before i could actually load a save or start a new game. Still cant get rid of the patch message at startup screen, even tough when running galaxy it will go away just fine.
I might actually start a new game from scratch, since it's been so long since my last run.
very funny... :(
Attachments:
bug_3.jpg (74 Kb)
kasasensei: You're such a dork.

ExpatZ: No such thing as perfect drivers.
If you get a bad driver just wait and they'll fix.
What makes one beter than the other as far as drivers go is the speed they fix their bugs.
So drivers glitches are not really a differentiator, they all have problem releases here and there.
Very well said, very good points.

(And perhaps I'm a dork for not remembering that some driver updates are imperfect and leaving it at that -- but I don't think anyone is a dork for asking for more information.)
MFerenc400: very funny... :(
:( maybe your video card just not good enough to run the game ?

or try on another computer. if you have another one that is.

there was two more small updates today!

you can find the information about updates in your Galaxy's No Man's Sky's changelog!

all zee best!
Post edited August 16, 2019 by falloutttt
Finally got it running by the sledgehammer method. Uninstall, re DL installer; reinstall. At least Galaxy looks fancy.

As to the patch... well... I does not tackle the minor grievances I have and the major grievance visions (I think) gave me so I'll wait for the next patch. *sigh*
MFerenc400: very funny... :(
falloutttt: :( maybe your video card just not good enough to run the game ?

or try on another computer. if you have another one that is.

there was two more small updates today!

you can find the information about updates in your Galaxy's No Man's Sky's changelog!

all zee best!
Ha Ha Ha...
mine nvidia gtx 550ti not in the compatibile list
Attachments:
funny.jpg (9 Kb)
list.jpg (17 Kb)
Post edited August 17, 2019 by MFerenc400
Looks like a nice update. Just gonna give it an extra 2 years before I finally give the game a try.
TheGreatDustpan: Looks like a nice update. Just gonna give it an extra 2 years before I finally give the game a try.
To play it *really* safe, maybe you should wait 10 years to play it.

Or 20 years; your quantum holographic computer will doubtless meet minimum requirements.
So is it support Phenom II X4 955 and Radeon HD7850 ?
i_hope_you_rot: So is it support Phenom II X4 955 and Radeon HD7850 ?
I have _just now_ bought NO MANS SKY via gog(of course) and are trying it on my Phenom II X4 955 NOW.

According to https://www.nomanssky.com/pc-patch-1-04/ it should run without problems for a long time.
They also ported it to Vulkan. High chances.

Downloading...

98.3%...

Starting:

No Problems! Starting a "Normal" Game. It took about 5 minutes to generate the World but now its RUNNING without Problems.

I can confirm BEYOND runs on a Phenom II X4 955 on "enhanced" graphics with a "decent to good" playable framerate (feels like a little bit about 30fps. setting to "standard" makes it "feel" like 60fps !!!) (have RX 570).

Enjoy :)

(Off-topic but worth mentioning: I want to play with a steam controller and added No Mans Sky through the "add custom game to library" option in steam. I have choosen the template "Gamepad with Mouse and Gyro" and EVERYTHING works flawlessly. +1 to HELLO GAMES)
Post edited August 19, 2019 by herbertmaschke
Still can't run game with new update. video card ran it fine a few updates ago *haven't played in a while* and far as I know My card runs Vulkan just fine. I don't recieve ANY pop-ups to tell me wtf the game won't start...just *FAILS* to initiate...this is pissing me off.
herbertmaschke: I have _just now_ bought NO MANS SKY via gog(of course) and are trying it on my Phenom II X4 955 NOW.

According to https://www.nomanssky.com/pc-patch-1-04/ it should run without problems for a long time.
They also ported it to Vulkan. High chances.

Downloading...

98.3%...

Starting:

No Problems! Starting a "Normal" Game. It took about 5 minutes to generate the World but now its RUNNING without Problems.

I can confirm BEYOND runs on a Phenom II X4 955 on "enhanced" graphics with a "decent to good" playable framerate (feels like a little bit about 30fps. setting to "standard" makes it "feel" like 60fps !!!) (have RX 570).

Enjoy :)

(Off-topic but worth mentioning: I want to play with a steam controller and added No Mans Sky through the "add custom game to library" option in steam. I have choosen the template "Gamepad with Mouse and Gyro" and EVERYTHING works flawlessly. +1 to HELLO GAMES)
Thanks .