It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Creators of Ion Maiden decided to release their game under a different name to avoid legal issues with a popular heavy metal band. Ion Fury will now be released on August 15th.

On July 18th the price of Ion Fury will increase to $24.99.
Come on GOG,What the hell are you doing?
Really sick of GOG treating us like shit when it comes to pre-orders, and this isn't the first time, THEY ARE ALWAYS LIKE THIS. But go ahead and downvote me, because you know it's true.
GOG, where's the update to Ion Fury?
It's here at last!

https://www.gog.com/news/release_ion_fury
Post edited August 15, 2019 by thraxman
The band "Iron Maiden" used to be a big-name band... yes, back in the days that the BUILD engine was cutting edge.

And, by the way, so was the band "Loverboy." Just an FYI.

So... now, we have an aging group of rockers, in semi-retirement, allowing their formerly cutting edge "rebellious" band, Iron Maiden, being managed by lawyers who probably preferred Cindy Lauper, or even Lawrence Welk, making their decisions for them.

The sad thing is, the band Iron Maiden, had they been smart, would have seen this as an OPPORTUNITY, and offered to write a song, provide a video, etc, for the game. They'd have gotten introduced to a new generation of fans, and re-introduced to old fans who might have forgotten...

... but instead, they let their lawyers make them into laughing stocks.

Nobody wins.
I pre-ordered the Big Box Edition and have received a Steam key as a bonus on the 14th.

I asked whether the Steam code could be exchanged for a GOG key. I don't have high hopes but what the hell? Maybe it works out. Wouldn't know without trying :P

Will update as I get a response from 3DRealms.
Post edited August 16, 2019 by idbeholdME
idbeholdME: I pre-ordered the Big Box Edition and have received a Steam key as a bonus on the 14th.

I asked whether the Steam code could be exchanged for a GOG key. I don't have high hopes but what the hell? Maybe it works out. Wouldn't know without trying :P

Please do, I'm sitting on one too.
A day after the official release date... which was yesterday... and so far, I only see the "preview campaign" on my account, or on the store page.

Mildly frustrating... and the sort of thing which could drive me back towards Steam again.
thraxman: It's here at last!

No, actually, it's not... not yet.

Presumably, they're tweaking the "release package" in some way. Perhaps they didn't get the materials until the official release date??? But STEAM already has the full game online.
Post edited August 16, 2019 by CLBrown
no achievements and the cloud saves in GOG version :(
CLBrown: A day after the official release date... which was yesterday... and so far, I only see the "preview campaign" on my account, or on the store page.

Mildly frustrating... and the sort of thing which could drive me back towards Steam again.
thraxman: It's here at last!

CLBrown: No, actually, it's not... not yet.

Presumably, they're tweaking the "release package" in some way. Perhaps they didn't get the materials until the official release date??? But STEAM already has the full game online.
It is here, I've been playing the full GOG release since yesterday, check your account again or contact support. There was no update flag for it, and the preview campaign disappeared from my account as its included in the full release as a bonus
Post edited August 16, 2019 by thraxman
idbeholdME: I pre-ordered the Big Box Edition and have received a Steam key as a bonus on the 14th.

Swedrami: Please do, I'm sitting on one too.
As expected, the response:

Unfortunately changing the Steam key with a GOG key is not possible.

King regards,
3DR Customer support

Guess I will use the key then :/
Post edited August 20, 2019 by idbeholdME
Swedrami: Please do, I'm sitting on one too.
idbeholdME: As expected, the response:

Unfortunately changing the Steam key with a GOG key is not possible.

King regards,
3DR Customer support

Guess I will use the key then :/
Why not? Ask them! Push them on the issue!

"Not possible", my ass! Where there is a will, there is a way. Gog provides keys to publishers upon request, so exchanging a Steam key for a gog key should actually be quite feasible. What this probably really boils down to is that these lazy assholes don't want to be inconvenienced by sending gog a request for a bunch of keys.

This is a pretty poor show from their support. They're not doing their job. Don't take no for an answer! Push them on the issue!
Post edited August 20, 2019 by fronzelneekburm