It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A game in development from Dark Crystal Games has just received some free additional content. The first major update to Encased: A Sci-Fi Post-Apocalyptic RPG includes features like a new prologue, first act for New Committee, some additional quests, locations, and much more.
Will wait for a full release.
Where's the supporter DLC that's on Steam?
Generally notices about content updates for games can be useful, and I certainly approve of them (regardless of whether I personally care about the individual game involved or not).

But for a game in development?!?! If it's still officially in development, and so not done, then content updates and likely, and expected, and not unusual or worthy of special notice.
Adding free content to a finished/released game? Great! Adding content to a game that still isn't finished? duh.
Looks awesome, but RPGs really aren't games you can play in development.

They kind of need to be finished in order to enjoy them.
Mawthra: Where's the supporter DLC that's on Steam?
I really hate it when games that aren't even fully released yet have DLC (paid or otherwise).
HunchBluntley: I really hate it when games that aren't even fully released yet have DLC (paid or otherwise).
Well, it is “supporter” type “DLC”, which is common nowadays to throw the devs a tip, so to speak... I really wanted the soundtrack out of it, but... it seems to be only offered on Steam for some reason
Cool, please let us know when the offline installers receive this content.
Yas!
I dig it!

So far so good then...
Not sure I dare to venture a buy yet, but I know it's a must already.
Thank you and good luck with the rest of work!
Tarhiel: Will wait for a full release.
Same, I don't touch EA/InDev games no matter how complete, as it's so easy to lose interest over the long development cycle as both a developer and gamer; you have to have iron focus and a solid plan for the released game, otherwise it will die in development hell due to getting lost in the minutiae of features and graphics.

Looking at you Exanima...
Post edited December 17, 2019 by takezodunmer2005
yogsloth: Looks awesome, but RPGs really aren't games you can play in development.

They kind of need to be finished in order to enjoy them.
I share your sentiment here. I am 100% waiting to play this one until it is finished myself. That said it's quite far along and IMHO looking excellent. I had been following it before it was released into Early Access and picked up a copy on launch day to support the development. Fans of the original pre-Bethesda isometric Fallout I can't see disliking this one in all honesty. So I threw my money in to help support it's remaining development being a fan myself. Ofcourse one should always be cautious about what developments to support, this one's at least worth taking a harder look at before deciding on supporting or not.
HunchBluntley: I really hate it when games that aren't even fully released yet have DLC (paid or otherwise).
I will agree with you on this point. With the exception of "Supporter DLC" typically this is just a way for fans to provide more support and as a thanks you get some minor things in game. Or major maybe if the donation is major. Similar to how kickstarer rewards work. I purchased the support pack for SCUM for example to further support the development. My gains for doing so are a different color light at the base of my players neck where a socket looking thing is (if you know the game you know and if not nothing to worry about, point is it is cosmetic). Also as you play as a prisoner I gained a "prison pocket". It's what you think it is lol Essentially in this survival game you have to find time and hopefully a safe spot to defecate. Upon starting a new game or on my 1st life after death, when I need to defecate my player will do so and I will gain a random item. Which is often not that helpful, though once it was a Desert Eagle. I leave the logistics of that to your imagination though ;) lol

On the other hand when a game is sold in a state where it is still developing, and then traditional DLC is sold I am appealed. Studio Wildcard did this while ARK was being developed. They ran into legal problems due to contracts from previous jobs developers had. They lost a lawsuit and the DLC launched was to recuperate that loss. That's damn dishonest and scummy IMO. They did some other shady things during development though and then released a janky, half polished, unfinished mess. This type of behavior should get buried along with studios that behave in this manner. But seeing as people still ine up to buit the next CoD clone year after year, I doubt we have seen the last of it by far.
Post edited December 18, 2019 by Yama-Kami
takezodunmer2005: Same, I don't touch EA/InDev games no matter how complete, as it's so easy to lose interest over the long development cycle as both a developer and gamer; you have to have iron focus and a solid plan for the released game, otherwise it will die in development hell due to getting lost in the minutiae of features and graphics.

And I am looking at Kentucky Route Zero, that fucking fifth episode!
Post edited December 18, 2019 by Tarhiel
Mawthra: Well, it is “supporter” type “DLC”, which is common nowadays to throw the devs a tip, so to speak... I really wanted the soundtrack out of it, but... it seems to be only offered on Steam for some reason
They are OK if they offer extras, like music, draft books, art concepts, guides... If they offer ingame stuff, that is something rather different.
takezodunmer2005: Same, I don't touch EA/InDev games no matter how complete, as it's so easy to lose interest over the long development cycle as both a developer and gamer; you have to have iron focus and a solid plan for the released game, otherwise it will die in development hell due to getting lost in the minutiae of features and graphics.

Also, letting the community shape the game often leads to disaster.
Post edited December 19, 2019 by Carradice

Tarhiel: And I am looking at Kentucky Route Zero, that fucking fifth episode!
Arrgh, I loved that game, but I have the demo, I won't pay for an incomplete series, much like consortium...
Tarhiel: And I am looking at Kentucky Route Zero, that fucking fifth episode!
Is that still planned or has it been quietly abandoned? The first part came out on January 7, 2013. In two weeks time, the game will be 7 years old...