It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gremlion: These captives don't look like 18 y.o. for me.
http://www.ostro.org/general/society/news/453046/
and where exactly i said that all of them are 18 y.o ?

so, one by one:
1. Random ex-smuggler guy who got his "post" as a prime-minister after previous "head" of self-proclaimed republic ran away back to Russia to save his life says they are going to counter-attack. Not too convincing.
2. Terrorists claim they have captured 14 units of military vehicles, without details on their state - most of them could easily have been left by army because they were broken. Not good for UA army but doesn't prove anything so far.
3. Terrorists have captured back one of posts. So far only believable thing here that can be proved.

Gremlion: Erm, I see that common sense isn't your strong point - Kiev blocked and bombs Donbass, while knowing that "somewhere there are enemies" - how exactly they deliver fresh water and food into it? By Grads?
by trucks, sweetie:
http://glavcom.ua/news/228792.html

Of course, you haven't provided any links about blocking Donbass or bombing it by ukrainian army, which is absolutely expected. If they actually would bomb Donbass DNR and LNR would cease to exist by now - i would imagine it's a lot easier and faster to just bomb the whole area rather than fighting for each post.
XenSavage: by trucks, sweetie:
http://glavcom.ua/news/228792.html

Of course, you haven't provided any links about blocking Donbass or bombing it by ukrainian army, which is absolutely expected. If they actually would bomb Donbass DNR and LNR would cease to exist by now - i would imagine it's a lot easier and faster to just bomb the whole area rather than fighting for each post.
I don't see "Food into Donbass", just into city which is 100km away from it.
Who banned you in google? http://oane.ws/news/2014/08/23/na_stadion_shahtera_v_donetske_popala_bomba

DarzaR: "Thanks to Lifenews we know there is enough water to clean the streets and enough food to throw at POWs. Where is the humanitarian crisis?" just cant resist, sorry.
Passage about tomatoes also surprised me :)
Though their site suggests that situation in Donbass better than in Luhansk.
Honestly, im not brave enough to dare to click a links what looks like this " http://oane.ws/news/2014/08/23/na_stadion_shahtera_v_donetske_popala_bomba " (yes, i checked what it some "site of civil journalism, where anyone can add a news", but im unable to even imagine the needed inquiry line for google to get it in actual result).
Post edited August 24, 2014 by DarzaR
and there dozens of links that say that terrorists did that. Amazing proof indeed. Even your link doesn't go as far as blaming that on ukraine army it literally says "Bomb had hit the stadium. Some time ago local oligarch asked Kiev not to bomb the city", implying it was army but not directly blaming. And not even to mention that site is quite questionable in a first place, so i wouldn't be surprised to see any kind of shit there. Bravo:)

DarzaR: Honestly, im not brave enough to dare to click a links what looks like this " http://oane.ws/news/2014/08/23/na_stadion_shahtera_v_donetske_popala_bomba " (yes, i checked what it some "site of civil journalism, where anyone can add a news", but im unable to even imagine the needed inquiry line for google to get it in actual result).
yeah, if i wouldn't be using linux i would probably think twice before clicking on it too:)
Post edited August 24, 2014 by XenSavage
That would be dozens of- no doubt unbiased- twitter links with Ukrainian flag backgrounds like the ones you provided as proof and to refute links from the ICRC, reuters, ap, yes?

Sheesh, you sound exactly like the Ukraine military spokesman who insists that the rebels are constantly shelling themselves to make Ukraine look bad. Make propaganda plausible, it's the #1 rule.

Facts are, an AP journalist checked returning trucks from the aid convoy and they were empty, so not only do Russians dismantle technical factories inside a day, they then disappear the components. Fact is that salt isn't just required for bread and other recipes, it actually essential for life. People tend to forget that, because processed foods have heaps of salt added as a cheap flavour enhancer but for 99% of humanity's existence getting salt has been critically important. Fact is that if you go to any trucking company- or containers at a seaport or any equivalent- you will find a large proportion of containers are not full, and are not transported full. If you have 200 sacks of salt you don't add one sack to each truck, you put all in one. You don't then cover them up with other stuff as that is a false economy- you can't tell at a glance what is in the truck and if you need the salt you have to get all the rest of the stuff out.
Post edited August 24, 2014 by Phasmid
Phasmid: .
Thats good what you had dropped the theme and jumped into disproving the weird fake info from twitter, and also explained the importance of salt. Thats an easy stuff indeed. But you forgot to take your previous words back, im sure due to lack of time only, so it would be fixed soon, right?
Post edited August 24, 2014 by DarzaR
vsr: Second, Ukraine has best soils in entire Eurasia, which can be used to grow poppy. Poppy can be used to produce heroine.
I can only think of one heroine associated with poppy fields, and Dorothy was from Kansas, not Ukraine.

Oh, wait. You meant heroin.
vsr: You are right. One simply doesn't take into account that Ukraine (Kiev) is Europe's sex tourism capital.
Second, Ukraine has best soils in entire Eurasia, which can be used to grow poppy. Poppy can be used to produce heroine. Using it's geographical position Ukraine can kick Afghanistan out from the european drug market entirely!
XenSavage: nice one, not too far from funny, you should definitely master the skill ;)
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-25/non-lethal-aid-to-ukraine-may-include-buying-hemp-seed.html
XenSavage: nice one, not too far from funny, you should definitely master the skill ;)
Gremlion: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-25/non-lethal-aid-to-ukraine-may-include-buying-hemp-seed.html
quote from YOUR link:

"Ukrainian hemp -- a cousin of marijuana -- lacks the active ingredient that gives pot smokers a high, and is prized for commercial and industrial applications."

I know you want to prove your point at all costs but at least make sure you use stuff that does that, you're making things waaay too easy for me:)
XenSavage: quote from YOUR link:

"Ukrainian hemp -- a cousin of marijuana -- lacks the active ingredient that gives pot smokers a high, and is prized for commercial and industrial applications."

I know you want to prove your point at all costs but at least make sure you use stuff that does that, you're making things waaay too easy for me:)
Maybe he is one of the guys that swallowed this whole hemp=drugs propaganda the American paper industry and others feeded to the world many decades ago so they can ban the farming of it.
Hemp was used for making paper and ropes for thousands of years, you can make shoes out of it and is very environment friendly for this, you could make plastic out of it too quite easily without having to rely on oil. I use hemp ropes a lot and hemp seeds are great for eating and quite healthy.
Post edited August 25, 2014 by Klumpen0815
DarzaR: Thats good what you had dropped the theme and jumped into disproving the weird fake info from twitter, and also explained the importance of salt. Thats an easy stuff indeed. But you forgot to take your previous words back, im sure due to lack of time only, so it would be fixed soon, right?
Last post you addressed to me I had difficulty deciphering, I'm afraid, so I haven't seen anything showing what I said was wrong. I don't think we were actually disagreeing much though, as it seemed the difference was mainly about whether the Ukrainians said 'no crossing at Kharkov full stop' or 'no crossing at Kharkov without ICRC'. I can provide plenty of cites for Avakov saying no crossing full stop if you want them. Someone else did say 'no crossing except with ICRC' earlier, but, Avakov is Interior Minister, unless that someone else was Yatsenyuk or Poroshenko (and it wasn't) his words outweigh theirs.

Might drop the theme if it were proven I were wrong, but that seems unlikely since I used reputable sources. The theme is outdated in any case, whether or not the Ukrainians were stalling or played into Russia's hands by doing so it has already happened, people can look at the information and make their own minds up if they want to.
Phasmid: .
Correct, its a quite small disagreement, so why not solve it? Maybe i got you wrong from start, but lookd like what you blamed the sad long journey on Ukrainian side, and had even some words about "war crimes" if i recall correct? ""No 'humanitarian convoy' from [Russian President Vladimir] Putin will be admitted through the Kharkiv region's territory. A provocation by the cynical aggressor on our territory is unacceptable," Avakov wrote". If you will follow timeline i posted above it would show a curious "misunderstanding" between all 3 participating entities. Ukr side agreed on ICRC aid. ICRC sayd what they'r planning to start to work on a subject. Rus side claimed it got ICRC approval and moved aid to the border, to a surprise of ICRC and Ukr side, the latter one refused to let a "Putin" convoy pass, as, well, it actually happend to be a "Putin's convoy" instead of ICRC one, what should been arrived (but falsely pretending to be one), as ICRC had no idea about actual cargo there. Then after 2 days ICRC issued a statement about its recognition and following check at other border pass. Im heavily doubt what, in case the aid was actually ICRC one at the time it arrived at Kharkov border, and was nevertheless blatantly refused to pass by Ukr side, ICRC wouldnt immediately issued a harsh statement condemning it. But as we can see by timeline present on ICRC site, theyr next statement about it was 2 days later, and not included any bad words about previous incident. So either ICRC is incompetent in own news updates (possible), either its was actually a "Putin" convoy, that nobody had any agreement to get a free pass, so there is no contradiction in Avakov's words (no matter if he was actually in charge for it or no). And it looks pretty weird to you initial blame of Ukr side on this certain case, as it involved an utter ICRC incompetence in communication, or direct lie from a Rus side.

And yes, as its relatively minor and outdated info, i think you'll be able to help somebody else, who's accidentally had got some misunderstanding about it, in the future to recall a correct timeline, as one cannot operate a new data correctly, if he\she have a wrong "outdated" info to operate with. We're just trying to get what's going on there, right? As you definitely look as decent person.
Post edited August 25, 2014 by DarzaR
XenSavage: quote from YOUR link:

Klumpen0815: Maybe he is one of the guys that swallowed this whole hemp=drugs propaganda the American paper industry and others feeded to the world many decades ago so they can ban the farming of it.
Hemp was used for making paper and ropes for thousands of years, you can make shoes out of it and is very environment friendly for this, you could make plastic out of it too quite easily without having to rely on oil. I use hemp ropes a lot and hemp seeds are great for eating and quite healthy.
Don't think that bad about me. Problem with hemp that it degrades into drug containing sort, so you need to use fresh seeds after every harvest. Ukraine takes credits with harsh terms for social politics, so poor farmers would have choice of purchasing seeds and selling cheap fabric or groving profitable narcotics.
DarzaR: Maybe i got you wrong from start, but lookd like what you blamed the sad long journey on Ukrainian side, and had even some words about "war crimes" if i recall correct?
I broadly blame the Ukrainians for the convoy crossing as it did, and for stalling, certainly. Had I been in their position I would have simply said "yes, cross at Kharkov once the ICRC and inspections have been done". Why? If you're genuinely concerned about weapon smuggling in those trucks then the most important thing is to inspect them, you don't want to give Russia an excuse to cross them uninspected. Constantly changing your position and taking a week from your inspectors arriving to checking 1/7 of the cargo is pretty unreasonable, setting aside any other considerations.

On war crimes you've misread. I gave that solely as the reason the Ukrainians could not just say no and keep saying no, as that would open them up to war crimes accusations* because you aren't allowed to starve civilians in a siege situation any more- see accusations against Assad in Syria as an example. That is why they ultimately had to give a qualified theoretical yes to the Russian convoy crossing even if they practically wanted it delayed as much as possible. A hungry/ thirsty population is a military advantage to Ukraine as it means that resources have to be expended getting food, rebels have to go with less and a pressured population may become restive and want to surrender just to get food/ electricity/ water- but formally they aren't allowed to think that way. Practically, everyone- US with Fallujah, Israel with Gaza, Syria in several places, ISIS in several places- does think that way.

Personally, I think war crimes are bunk as a concept. No one with any power ever gets charged, and the whole thing is political sop to make people feel better about bad things happening. So such considerations hold little weight for me personally.

*In a technical sense they've already committed them by using indiscriminate weapons in built up areas, at least. So have the rebels as well though, by parading prisoners etc.
Ukrainian gov stepped down for re-elections..... odd timing...