It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Today two great FPS games from Bethesda join our ranks. Wolfenstein: The New Order and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood are now available on GOG.COM, both with a special 70% discount lasting until 24th February 2020, 2 PM UTC.

Wolfenstein: The New Order (-70%) is set in the alternative version of history in which the Third Reich won the war. As captain William "B.J." Blazkowicz we start a new battle with the old enemy.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (-70%) is a prequel to the previous game. In 1946 Blazkowicz must infiltrate the dark castle where Nazis hold their top secrets.

If you want to immerse yourself in the story of both games, buy The Two Pack. It includes Wolfenstein: The New Order and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and is also available with a 70% discount until 24th February 2020, 2 PM UTC.
M3troid: And Doom 2016.
Elmofongo: And Skyrim and Original Doom 3.
And

Fallout 4
Doom Eternal
Wolfenstein Youngblood
Wolfenstein The New Colossus
Rage 1 and 2
Prey
Post edited February 21, 2020 by Valdasaar
Tarhiel: Absolutely agree - I wouldn´t even play RTCW without Venom nowadays.
I'll actually disagree here. I tried Venom last year and didn't like some of its changes, so I ended up playing with just the last fan patch (1,4d?). With just that patch it ran great on Windows 10, at 4k resolution.
Elmofongo: And Skyrim and Original Doom 3.
Valdasaar: And

Fallout 4
Doom Eternal
Wolfenstein Youngblood
Wolfenstein The New Colossus
Rage 1 and 2
Prey
And a single player version of Elder Scrolls Online.
Elmofongo: ...
Is there anything worthwhile that could be played single-player if multiplayer was disabled? I mean it says "Online" right in the title.
Tarhiel: Absolutely agree - I wouldn´t even play RTCW without Venom nowadays.
StingingVelvet: I'll actually disagree here. I tried Venom last year and didn't like some of its changes, so I ended up playing with just the last fan patch (1,4d?). With just that patch it ran great on Windows 10, at 4k resolution.
What changes you didn´t like?

I was absolutely blown away by them, from HD graphics to smarter AI.
Game was significantly harder because of it, and I wouldn´t had it any other way.
Tarhiel: What changes you didn´t like?
I don't remember specifically, but I'm not a big fan of changing games in the first place. To me it's like cropping a movie, or doing new effects. Changing textures and gameplay too much just turns me off.

The fan patch is the best way to experience the intended Return to Castle Wolfenstein, for those who want that, is all I mean. Depends on the person.
Very nice sale. But I got to pass for now as I use my money for campaigning for our all future.
But the games can wait, the world can't. ;)
I haven't believed that these games will show up on gog. Thanks

Bearhug_at: I use my money for campaigning for our all future.
I'm really worried when someone cares about my future, especially these days. If it's neither cancer cure nor technology upgrade without basic rights loss, please don't.
Post edited February 23, 2020 by topolla
Great news that those games arrived on GOG, I had opportunity earlier to play a bit in New World Order (steam version) and it's definitelly one of those cases when reviving old franchise was made with care and decent quality.

Eh, I shouldn't but I bought two-pack (my finances cries).

BTW - it's the second time I've went through train-scene and can't help for the feeling that "Bubi" is looking surprisingly similar to Prince Charming from Shrek 2. In effect - I can't take seriously this guy :P
MartiusR: BTW - it's the second time I've went through train-scene and can't help for the feeling that "Bubi" is looking surprisingly similar to Prince Charming from Shrek 2. In effect - I can't take seriously this guy :P
:D

Now I won´t be able to unsee it :D
Warning: This is a rant, I just need to vent. :P

Anybody else thinking The New Order is a huge disappointment? I'm at the 50/70% mark and every mission the need to uninstall the game just grows and grows.

The story is an abomination that should be shot in the head, metaphorically (I've lost count to the amount of times I wanted to smash my head against the wall), the characters are flat and annoying stereotypes. The weapon selection is underwhelming, the shotguns for example lacks oomph, it's like you're shooting bullets made out of papier-mache, they may be annoying but they sure as hell don't hurt.
Yes, the second shot will tear enemies apart, but the first doesn't even make them flinch. (a bit of a contradiction to the previous sentence, but I hope my intended point comes across)
There are more points, but listing them all just makes me want to vomit.

It's just a huge, huge downgrade compared to the prior entries. I really hope they go back to the roots of the series without the PC bullshit and all the modern shooter elements. *Looks at Wolfenstein Youngblood and shudders*

I'll check out The Old Blood, seems a bit more like an old school FPS.
Post edited February 23, 2020 by NuffCatnip
NuffCatnip: I really hope they go back to the roots of the series without the PC bullshit and all the modern shooter elements. *Looks at Wolfenstein Youngblood and shudders*
The zeitgeist is all about them "strong female characters", and by extension, them "strong female" villains, which was perhaps the worst thing about DOOM 2016 as the antagonist felt quite shoehorned (as if to fulfill a quota of at least one female in the narrative), and judging by Youngblood, Bethesda are only becoming increasingly aggressive with their third-wave feminist pandering, which seems far removed from the overwhelming majority of people who would be playing games like these.
Post edited February 23, 2020 by Humble_B
NuffCatnip: I'll check out The Old Blood, seems a bit more like an old school FPS.
TOB is less old school than TNO. Everything is segmented by one-way pipe checkpoints. In combination with the auto saves it makes it impossible to go back. Everything is divided into small arenas with two commanders. There is an extreme number of forced stealth sections that are very repetitive. You will see the horribly long pipe separation and combination animations dozens of times even if the last state of the pipe was the one that is needed and the take-down animation for the Supersoldiers is horrible as well. Then there are the slow door switches that make you watch a gauge that is moving extremely slow over and over.

TNO has too many unskippable cutscenes, but it is still a good game. TOB is a chore – it's like they took the bad parts of TNO and mixed them into the bad parts of RtCW.
NuffCatnip: seems a bit more like an old school FPS.
If you really want old-school FPSes you'll probably want to look at FPSes made in recent years by indie or indie-adjacent devs (Dusk, Amid Evil, etc.
NuffCatnip: seems a bit more like an old school FPS.
tfishell: If you really want old-school FPSes you'll probably want to look at FPSes made in recent years by indie or indie-adjacent devs (Dusk, Amid Evil, etc.
Those are sitting in my wishlist. :)
I'm waiting for decent-ish discounts to get the deluxe editions (the OST's are amazing), I'll probably buy them once they get 20-25% off.