It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bow tie optional.

Alright, look alive everyone, we got some cool people visiting! Starting today and until Sunday the 22nd of July, Twitch.tv/gogcom will be hosting 20+ streamers in a packed schedule that covers games from across the indie and not-so-indie spectrum. Cuphead, Hero-U, Dead Cells, West of Loathing, The Witcher 3, and VtM: Bloodlines are only some of the titles you can expect to see being played throughout the week by our esteemed streamer friends.

The Guest Streamer Week debuts today, Monday the 16th at 8pm UTC with The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind!
Post edited July 16, 2018 by Piranka
Never heard of any of the guest streamers this time, except for those who have guest-streamed before, and those who are in chat all the time.

Also: how is it that there will be an Overlord 2 stream on the GOGcom channel on Saturday, but the game's "release stream" is being done by a different person a day later? ;D

Also also: the link on the word "titles" is messed up.
HunchBluntley: Never heard of any of the guest streamers this time, except for those who have guest-streamed before, and those who are in chat all the time.

Also: how is it that there will be an Overlord 2 stream on the GOGcom channel on Saturday, but the game's "release stream" is being done by a different person a day later? ;D

Hullo, hope i can clear some things up :D

The release stream done by dark saber is in more central time slot, the stream done by me (hi~) will be done very late at night, not in central time zones :D

Lovelust <3
HunchBluntley: Never heard of any of the guest streamers this time, except for those who have guest-streamed before, and those who are in chat all the time.

It's a lot of small and medium sized streamers. Some are GOG Affiliates, some are dedicated retro streamers, some came on recommendations, some want to join the Stream Team - it's a whole bunch of different people, all wanting to entertain you.

Also: Link fixed!
Loveluster: Hullo, hope i can clear some things up :D

The release stream done by dark saber is in more central time slot, the stream done by me (hi~) will be done very late at night, not in central time zones :D

Lovelust <3
It could be the next big thing for the stream team: "Late Night Release"!
...Though maybe that exact title would be a tad misleading. =D

(Which time zone are you in, BTW?)
HunchBluntley: (Which time zone are you in, BTW?)
Im in MDT, the best NA time zone :D

Lovelust <3
Piranka: It's a lot of small and medium sized streamers. Some are GOG Affiliates, some are dedicated retro streamers, some came on recommendations, some want to join the Stream Team - it's a whole bunch of different people, all wanting to entertain you.

Thanks.

But if they want to entertain me, specifically, they might be in for a rough time. :P
Piranka: It's a lot of small and medium sized streamers. Some are GOG Affiliates, some are dedicated retro streamers, some came on recommendations, some want to join the Stream Team - it's a whole bunch of different people, all wanting to entertain you.

HunchBluntley: Thanks.

But if they want to entertain me, specifically, they might be in for a rough time. :P
Cant say thats anyones goal in this or the next life :P

Hope you can stop by the streams tho. Its gonna be a good time :D
HunchBluntley: (Which time zone are you in, BTW?)
Loveluster: Im in MDT, the best NA time zone :D

Lovelust <3
Well, it's probably the one with the fewest people, anyway. :P

HunchBluntley: Thanks.

We aim high.
Loveluster: Hope you can stop by the streams tho. Its gonna be a good time :D
I'm more of a VOD man, but we'll see. :)
(The Twitch player [through Firefox] runs like ass on my system -- I can set the quality to 480 [or lower!], and it will still have to stop and buffer, or otherwise get hung up, multiple times per minute. I scarcely watch streams live, so I don't know if that might somehow be better, but as it stands, Twitch is rarely worth the frustration.)
Loveluster: Hope you can stop by the streams tho. Its gonna be a good time :D
HunchBluntley: I'm more of a VOD man, but we'll see. :)
(The Twitch player [through Firefox] runs like ass on my system -- I can set the quality to 480 [or lower!], and it will still have to stop and buffer, or otherwise get hung up, multiple times per minute. I scarcely watch streams live, so I don't know if that might somehow be better, but as it stands, Twitch is rarely worth the frustration.)
For watching live you can try livestreamer, it uses far less resources than watching through firefox.
If you also want to see the chat, you could try Chatty for that.
I keep expecting that whole streaming thing to die, and people in 10-20 years to look back and be all like "did we really spend hours watching other people play games? Did people really become celebrities and make money off of that? What were we all smoking? Man, that was a weird decade"
HunchBluntley: I'm more of a VOD man, but we'll see. :)
Piranjade: For watching live you can try livestreamer, it uses far less resources than watching through firefox.
If you also want to see the chat, you could try Chatty for that.
Your suggestion goes in the right direction, but livestreamer is unmaintained for a while now.
I can only recommend youtube-dl in conjunction with mpv (works on Windows, too). It's a great combo.
++ for Livestreamer, runs flawlessly even on my ancient 900MHz netbook!