It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ganni1987: I don't wanna sound like a referee but can we please not derail the thread? :-)

I think such a discussion belongs here: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/general_linux_faq_and_troubleshooting
Magmarock: Yeah sorry, I must apologize I am partly to blame for that. I think this thread should be closed though. There's really not much else to say. CDPR will release W3 when they're good and ready. Or they won't. There's not much else to say really.
Well, of course there is.
One could link the latest and greates in Vulkan-Stuff for example. One could link new information about RedEngine. One could link...
Ganni1987: I don't wanna sound like a referee but can we please not derail the thread? :-)

I think such a discussion belongs here: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/general_linux_faq_and_troubleshooting
Magmarock: Yeah sorry, I must apologize I am partly to blame for that. I think this thread should be closed though. There's really not much else to say. CDPR will release W3 when they're good and ready. Or they won't. There's not much else to say really.
More likely they'll release on Linux if they ever get around to finishing the Linux Galaxy client.
paladin181: More likely they'll release on Linux if they ever get around to finishing the Linux Galaxy client.
Galaxy support shouldn't impact their engine support for Linux.
low rated
RadonGOG: Well, of course there is.
One could link the latest and greates in Vulkan-Stuff for example. One could link new information about RedEngine. One could link...
Could or should? I hear a lot about Vulkan, maybe it is better then direct X but I'll never trust a Linux fan boy's word on it.
Magmarock: Could or should? I hear a lot about Vulkan, maybe it is better then direct X but I'll never trust a Linux fan boy's word on it.
But you apparently trust MS words without a question. Don't trust words, research the topic.
Post edited March 07, 2018 by shmerl
low rated
Magmarock: Could or should? I hear a lot about Vulkan, maybe it is better then direct X but I'll never trust a Linux fan boy's word on it.
shmerl: But you apparently trust MS words without a question. Did you even read about Vulkan? Don't trust words, research it.
lol wut. At what point did I say that I trusted MS. Well you can always trust Microsoft to be Microsoft. Just like you can trust the Linux community to always be the Linux community. As for for researching Vulkan. Well you're the ones trying to sell it. Trying to convince me to use it so I'll leave the research part up to you. But any links to a Linux websites about it will be dismissed.
Magmarock: As for for researching Vulkan. Well you're the ones trying to sell it. Trying to convince me to use it
Are you working for CDPR? If not, who was trying to convince you specifically? If you don't want to research it, don't comment on it.
Post edited March 08, 2018 by shmerl
low rated
Magmarock: As for for researching Vulkan. Well you're the ones trying to sell it. Trying to convince me to use it
shmerl: Are you working for CDPR? If not, who was trying to convince you specifically?
You.
Magmarock: You.
See above. Since you have no clue about it, don't comment like "I don't know and don't want to know, so don't tell me one is better than another". It adds zero value to the conversation.
low rated
Magmarock: You.
shmerl: Sea above. Since you have no clue about it, don't comment like "I don't know and don't want to know, so don't tell me one is better than another". It adds zero value to the conversation.
"*See* above"

I think you're going off topic mate. You're the one pushing the Linux agenda so you're the one who's going to have to make it look good. Witcher 3 is one of the best game in recent years I don't think the guys at CDPR need any help from you. When it comes to deciding when to port. If you want to get away from Microsoft that badly just get a PS3. It uses Unix, it works, it's able to play games, it's able to play the witcher 3.
shmerl: There was no reason to assume that, since they released TW2 for Linux already. But CDPR management went back on their word, and my assumption, because they bit more than they could chew time / resources wise. Which would indicate management incompetence. Their developers on the other hand were very professional, so I doubt it's their fault.

Anyway, I don't really blame management for the failure to estimate the work properly. Linux development was still a new thing for them. What's wrong is not listening to their own developers, and then not finishing the work as promised.
Magmarock: W2 for Linux was released is 2014 so you've got about another year before W3 exceeds it's predecessor release. Also WTF is this https://tinyurl.com/yde64sh5 just the google search lol why is installing programs and getting them to work in Linux such a pain. You wander why more people aren't using it lol
And it's Linux fault ?
Because of people like you we are all Microsoft slaves.
And installing programs quite often is easier and faster in Linux than in Windows.
paladin181: More likely they'll release on Linux if they ever get around to finishing the Linux Galaxy client.
shmerl: Galaxy support shouldn't impact their engine support for Linux.
It shouldn't and yet we are missing tons of linux versions here because there's not Linux Galaxy. So shouldn't, yes. But it still does.
low rated
Magmarock: W2 for Linux was released is 2014 so you've got about another year before W3 exceeds it's predecessor release. Also WTF is this https://tinyurl.com/yde64sh5 just the google search lol why is installing programs and getting them to work in Linux such a pain. You wander why more people aren't using it lol
pawelkolano: And it's Linux fault ?
Because of people like you we are all Microsoft slaves.
And installing programs quite often is easier and faster in Linux than in Windows.
YES YES YES until the end of time it is fault of Linux. It's community, lack of standards, direction, indecisiveness, continuously changing things that don't need to be changed. But most of all the biggest problem with the Linux community is it's lack of self awareness. The first step to fixing a problem is admitting that you have one.

It's not because of people like me that we are forced to use Windows. It's because of people like you.
Magmarock: I think you're going off topic mate. You're the one pushing the Linux agenda so you're the one who's going to have to make it look good.
Not to you :) To CDPR. I did explain it to them already, more than once. But with them it's hard to know, if they agree or disagree or how their development decisions are made in general. Their engine developers never talk to the community directly, they only give interviews to journalists.
low rated
Magmarock: I think you're going off topic mate. You're the one pushing the Linux agenda so you're the one who's going to have to make it look good.
shmerl: Not to you :) To CDPR. I did explain it to them already, more than once. But with them it's hard to know, if they agree or disagree. Their engine developers never talk to the community directly, they only give interviews to journalists.
lol dude you make me laugh.