It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
shmerl: How competent developers are, indeed. Their failure to release for Linux while promising to do it for several years shows something negative about management, rather than developers. Their developers surely could do it.
not necessarily. Development studios are quite large and the hardest part about making a game is getting everyone on the team to be on the same page. (I've actually experienced this) They certainly should've promised a Linux release for a game where its' not going to happen any time soon. I don't know about you but I knew W3 wouldn't see a Linux release because it wouldn't be worth the time. Linux fans are not in the habit of spending money. They like they're stuff to be free. Money talks.

shmerl: So, get some idea before discussing it, or trying to evaluate what others know on the topic.
I'm not trying I know you don't know.
shmerl: You already said that, and your point is bogus. Adoption of Linux has nothing to do with "working like Windows". For the most part it's not a technical issue, but the issue of the market and network effects.
wrong.
Post edited February 18, 2018 by Magmarock
Magmarock: I don't know about you but I knew W3 wouldn't see a Linux release because it wouldn't be worth the time. Linux fans are not in the habit of spending money. They like they're stuff to be free. Money talks.
What are you basing this on? If we're just throwing out opinions here, I'd say the opposite is true. I know several Linux users who buy Linux releases that they aren't really interested in just to support developers who support Linux.

The Humble Bundles typically show similar stats with Linux users on average paying more.

Edit: you're displaying a typical Windows users misunderstanding of what "free" means to a Linux user. Hint: it has nothing to do with money.
Post edited February 18, 2018 by hummer010
Magmarock: I don't know about you but I knew W3 wouldn't see a Linux release because it wouldn't be worth the time.
There was no reason to assume that, since they released TW2 for Linux already. But CDPR management went back on their word, and my assumption, because they bit more than they could chew time / resources wise. Which would indicate management incompetence. Their developers on the other hand were very professional, so I doubt it's their fault.

Anyway, I don't really blame management for the failure to estimate the work properly. Linux development was still a new thing for them. What's wrong is not listening to their own developers from the onset, and then not finishing the work as promised.
Post edited February 18, 2018 by shmerl
Magmarock: I don't know about you but I knew W3 wouldn't see a Linux release because it wouldn't be worth the time.
shmerl: There was no reason to assume that, since they released TW2 for Linux already. But CDPR management went back on their word, and my assumption, because they bit more than they could chew time / resources wise. Which would indicate management incompetence. Their developers on the other hand were very professional, so I doubt it's their fault.

Anyway, I don't really blame management for the failure to estimate the work properly. Linux development was still a new thing for them. What's wrong is not listening to their own developers, and then not finishing the work as promised.
W2 for Linux was released is 2014 so you've got about another year before W3 exceeds it's predecessor release. Also WTF is this https://tinyurl.com/yde64sh5 just the google search lol why is installing programs and getting them to work in Linux such a pain. You wander why more people aren't using it lol
Magmarock: Also WTF is this https://tinyurl.com/yde64sh5
No idea. Never had any problems with installing TW2, especially since GOG provide easy to use Linux installer.
Post edited February 18, 2018 by shmerl
Magmarock: Also WTF is this https://tinyurl.com/yde64sh5
shmerl: No idea. Never had any problems with installing TW2, especially since GOG provide easy to use Linux installer.
I never got it working
Magmarock: I never got it working
Did you contact support or posted here? It's unlikely something that couldn't be easily fixed.
shmerl: No idea. Never had any problems with installing TW2, especially since GOG provide easy to use Linux installer.
Running it is fairly straight forward:

- Install the game.
- Open up the package manager and install the packages listed in the game's page.
shmerl: Did you contact support or posted here? It's unlikely something that couldn't be easily fixed.
No I said bugger this and installed Windows
Ganni1987: Running it is fairly straight forward:

- Install the game.
- Open up the package manager and install the packages listed in the game's page.
That's why I hate package managers and repositories.
Post edited February 18, 2018 by Magmarock
Magmarock: No I said bugger this and installed Windows
Then don't blame anyone but yourself ;) Or as the saying goes - if you don't report bugs, don't complain.
low rated
Magmarock: No I said bugger this and installed Windows
shmerl: Then don't blame anyone but yourself ;) Or as the saying goes - if you don't report bugs, don't complain.
There's was nothing to complain about lol. I didn't care. It's you guys who want more people to use Linux. I'm just telling you why people aren't coming over
Magmarock: I didn't care.
Then it's not anyone's problem.
low rated
Magmarock: I didn't care.
shmerl: Then it's not anyone's problem.
lol what are you doing?
I don't wanna sound like a referee but can we please not derail the thread? :-)

I think such a discussion belongs here: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/general_linux_faq_and_troubleshooting
low rated
Ganni1987: I don't wanna sound like a referee but can we please not derail the thread? :-)

I think such a discussion belongs here: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/general_linux_faq_and_troubleshooting
Yeah sorry, I must apologize I am partly to blame for that. I think this thread should be closed though. There's really not much else to say. CDPR will release W3 when they're good and ready. Or they won't. There's not much else to say really.
Post edited February 19, 2018 by Magmarock