It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

i bought it because they announced it last year. and im still waiting :/
Saladien: i bought it because they announced it last year. and im still waiting :/
That's why you should vote with your wallet. Besides, you can hardly call the fans' speculations - about the implications of another company possibly mistakenly listing the game in a specific context - CDPR announcing it.
That is not what you call announcing a port or am I missing something?
TIC-TAC-TIC-TAC....

I'M WAITING TOO LONG...
Attachments:
tw3.jpeg (101 Kb)
elbuglione: TIC-TAC-TIC-TAC....

I'M WAITING TOO LONG...
The Steam announce was a mistake from Valve ...
CDPR don't and didn't work on a Linux/Mac version of TW3 ...

They don't care about us !!!
They were working apparently, but it's unclear what's going on now. They could have stopped.
I'm playing the Wild Hunt on Win7, however, it would be great to have Witcher 3 for Ubuntu 16.04.
Release please.
at least tell us that you are not working on a linux client using vulkan... :/

this uncertainty is killing me.
entux: at least tell us that you are not working on a linux client using vulkan... :/

The most likely scenario is, that they are working on the enhanced edition, and Vulkan is part of it (see here for more detailed explanation). And enhanced edition will take them another year or so to make.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by shmerl
I think they are working on a Vulkan version and galaxy will be released alongside it :). That would make sense.
entux: at least tell us that you are not working on a linux client using vulkan... :/

shmerl: The most likely scenario is, that they are working on the enhanced edition, and Vulkan is part of it (see here for more detailed explanation). And enhanced edition will take them another year or so to make.
I think if they would have any interest in bringing it to Linux, they would have used the Unreal Engine in the first place.

Does anybody remember this?
http://wccftech.com/witcher-3-wild-hunt-coming-steamos-preorders-live/
Post edited April 01, 2016 by Klumpen0815
Sure. Those ads happened twice. Both can be called false advertisement by now I suppose. Given recent update from CDPR that some got:

Hello there,

For now we don't have such plans. Should we decide to release The Witcher 3 to other OSes than Windows, we will let everybody know.

Kind regards,
Marcin Kulikowski
Another one was only very slightly more optimistic:

Many thanks for reaching out to us again. We are still looking in to Linux but there is nothing concrete I can offer – we cannot promise we will release W3 on linux.
If the situation will be more clear we will make a public announcement.

Rafał Jaki
Business Development Manager
Post edited April 12, 2016 by shmerl
Other expansion more for the game and for linux no news. Im so sadly!!!
That would be so messed up if they made an "enhanced" version you needed to buy again in order to play. That said I'd probably still buy it...

Here's hoping we get some news at the end of the year. With the new gpus coming out with Vulkan support it seems like the right time. :)
Dorzalty: That would be so messed up if they made an "enhanced" version you needed to buy again in order to play. That said I'd probably still buy it...

Here's hoping we get some news at the end of the year. With the new gpus coming out with Vulkan support it seems like the right time. :)
I think if they made an EE it would be like the EEs of the previous games, meaning if you already own the game you get it for free.
Post edited May 21, 2016 by JinKazaragi