It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
rampancy: If SCPM posting his suggestions (about what he thinks is coming out) is enough to make you want to take your ball and go home then I'm afraid you simply don't understand what made the Enigmatic Hints thread a fun and lively place for discussion about GOG. And perhaps, it also means that you simply don't understand the point of even having a GOG community in the first place.
I disagree. In this case it was SCPM who spoiled the fun for everyone. I don't have any problems with him posting his findings in another thread, but going into the "Enigmatic Hint" thread and saying "First guess was correct, I found proof." wasn't a very nice move. It's the same as googling results in the "Guess the movie" or "Guess the game" thread and I can understand why Thiev was upset.
Thiev: I think I'm the last Blue that had this topic pinned
zeffyr: Don't underestimate Judas ;-)
Judas does not count. He probably has the whole forum pinned :D

rampancy: If SCPM posting his suggestions (about what he thinks is coming out) is enough to make you want to take your ball and go home then I'm afraid you simply don't understand what made the Enigmatic Hints thread a fun and lively place for discussion about GOG. And perhaps, it also means that you simply don't understand the point of even having a GOG community in the first place.
PaterAlf: I disagree. In this case it was SCPM who spoiled the fun for everyone. I don't have any problems with him posting his findings in another thread, but going into the "Enigmatic Hint" thread and saying "First guess was correct, I found proof." wasn't a very nice move. It's the same as googling results in the "Guess the movie" or "Guess the game" thread and I can understand why Thiev was upset.
I agree with PaterAlfs disagreement.
Post edited October 18, 2017 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Judas does not count. He probably has the whole forum pinned :D
A little bit off-topic, but that sentence somehow reminded me of The Count Who Doesn't Count ;-)
Thiev: Now I remember why we stopped doing Enigmatic Hints. There is little point in keeping that tradition nowadays.
rampancy: Okay, people can yell at me for taking what might have been a joking post too seriously, but something immediately came to mind when I read this.

If GOG is still wondering why things have soured between the community-at-large (or at least, took a turn for the worse) over the past few years, this is one of the signs as to why.

The point, IMHO, of the Enigmatic Hints was never to correctly guess what games were coming, nor was it to try to undermine GOG's policy of secrecy. It was an opportunity for the company and the community to communicate with each other in a fun, amusing, and engaging way. Each side could engage with the other, without the community feeling as if we were shouting fruitlessly at a wall. We actually felt we were talking to people in the company in a way that actually felt like what we said was being listened to and acknowledged, even if it only mattered in the trivial context of wild speculation about a game release.

If SCPM posting his suggestions (about what he thinks is coming out) is enough to make you want to take your ball and go home then I'm afraid you simply don't understand what made the Enigmatic Hints thread a fun and lively place for discussion about GOG. And perhaps, it also means that you simply don't understand the point of even having a GOG community in the first place.
this. i quite enjoy the hints as well as scpm's leaks.
Question : Where are the Drakensang games Gog ?
PaterAlf: I disagree. In this case it was SCPM who spoiled the fun for everyone. I don't have any problems with him posting his findings in another thread, but going into the "Enigmatic Hint" thread and saying "First guess was correct, I found proof." wasn't a very nice move. It's the same as googling results in the "Guess the movie" or "Guess the game" thread and I can understand why Thiev was upset.
I was going to post something along those lines before, but couldn't quite phrase it right.
I have the unofficial confirmed thread pinned and follow it for SCPM (and others) leaks and info, but I do see why Thiev might consider it an issue for him to confirm or guide the guesses given in this thread (especially considering it's customary that whoever guesses correctly actually wins a free copy of the game) with that extra knowledge.
seppelfred: Mafia: City of Lost Heaven
I guess congratulations are in order. :-)
Grats on getting the first guess :) Please check your PMs for a code :)
JudasIscariot: Grats on getting the first guess :) Please check your PMs for a code :)
Thank you very much!

Sanjuro: I guess congratulations are in order. :-)
:)
Ghorpm: Awww... but we love Enigmatic Hints so much!
Thiev: Probably no one is gonna post any guesses until the actual release, so what's the point? I think I'm the last Blue that had this topic pinned and it's time to let it go.
I kind of gave up after what happened with Neptunia. :l
Didn't know hints were still being posted.
Which I understand, and I don't disagree with you. Perhaps Thiev or another Blue could have politely requested that SCPM keep their postings about any supposed advance information to another thread, if only to make the giveaway fair.

I just personally think it's a little extreme to just not bother anymore with the Enigmatic Hints just because of SPCM. (Except for a hypothetical case where SCPM would refuse to comply with the request outlined above.)
rampancy: Which I understand, and I don't disagree with you. Perhaps Thiev or another Blue could have politely requested that SCPM keep their postings about any supposed advance information to another thread, if only to make the giveaway fair.

I just personally think it's a little extreme to just not bother anymore with the Enigmatic Hints just because of SPCM. (Except for a hypothetical case where SCPM would refuse to comply with the request outlined above.)
Actually the hint was pretty easy by itself. Since Diablo and Hexen have no chance of coming here (nor most of the higher votes) any time soon, it had to be Mafia. So I would've guessed that if nobody would of guessed it before. Alas I saw the hint 17 hours to late.
I had fun guessing what it was but you guys giving up on it due to people finding out with digging into the site code or something just makes me sad now but I know it will go back to normal over time :)
Post edited October 20, 2017 by DreamedArtist
Got a solution. Instead of doing away with the thread or patching the leak that allows one to find out these things early, how about handing over the reins to SCPM?
HereForTheBeer: Got a solution. Instead of doing away with the thread or patching the leak that allows one to find out these things early, how about handing over the reins to SCPM?
On the one hand, that would solve the problem (they'd just need to confirm things to SCPM first, of course). On the other, it'd be another community-leader-to-community thread, no longer one of the last remaining (albeit usually inactive) traces of those friendly open channels between staff and community.