It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Inb4 massive butthurt on the forum if any of the LucasArts games happen to be regionally priced.
fronzelneekburm: Inb4 massive butthurt on the forum if any of the LucasArts games happen to be regionally priced.
I'm already smiling at the idea of our dear Zoidberg having a heart attack in front of regionally-priced LucasArts, downrating games desperately while agonizing :)
fronzelneekburm: Inb4 massive butthurt on the forum if any of the LucasArts games happen to be regionally priced.
I sincerely doubt that if LucaArts games come here that they will be flat priced. I expect full regional pricing on them - we are talking about Disney after all.
Oh, they'll all be regionally priced alright. In a previous statement by GOG elsewhere they said that this deal would not have happened otherwise.
mistermumbles: Oh, they'll all be regionally priced alright. In a previous statement by GOG elsewhere they said that this deal would not have happened otherwise.
Source? I thought GOG had said they wouldn't allow old games to be regionally priced. (though maybe remastered editions don't count)
mistermumbles: Oh, they'll all be regionally priced alright. In a previous statement by GOG elsewhere they said that this deal would not have happened otherwise.
tfishell: Source? I thought GOG had said they wouldn't allow old games to be regionally priced. (though maybe remastered editions don't count)
My Google-Fu isn't strong enough, but I clearly remember reading about that particular publisher being reluctant and the deal hadn't happened until now since GOG was not doing regional pricing at the time. I came across that tidbit some 2/3 (?) months ago or so. I think it was a part of an interview somewhere.
Post edited October 27, 2014 by mistermumbles
high rated
Here's my thing: Back when they introduced regional pricing in their infamous "Good news!" post, I said that if it helps bring another major on board, then I'm okay with it. I'll probably make less Day 1 purchases, but that'll be GOG's loss.

So now here we are and not only did they manage to get a major on board, they convinced EFFING DISNEY to join the party! This might also put the thumbscrews on the few remaining majors reluctant to come on board. I mean after this, how can uppity dives like Bethesturd and 2K not get on with the times and release here as well? If the mouse is cool with GOG, then that means that the proverbial DRM-free revolution has finally reached the mainstream.
Post edited October 27, 2014 by fronzelneekburm
fronzelneekburm: Here's my thing: Back when they introduced regional pricing in their infamous "Good news!" post, I said that if it helps bring another major on board, then I'm okay with it. I'll probably make less Day 1 purchases, but that'll be GOG's loss.

So now here we are and not only did they manage to get a major on board, they convinced EFFING DISNEY to join the party! This might also put the thumbscrews on the few remaining majors reluctant to come on board. I mean after this, how can uppity dives like Bethesturd and 2K not get on with the times and release here as well? If the mouse is cool with GOG, then that means that the proverbial DRM-free revolution has finally reached the mainstream.
I don't think it's GOG's fault they can't bend the industry to not make games regionally priced. They are already fighting with them to make games DRM free, so this is a win.
If so, it shouldn't have happened. Period.

*prepares forum war paint for tomorrow* (well, today already, by the time) In case we won't get a nice surprise...
Cavalary: If so, it shouldn't have happened. Period.
I understand the problem we all have with all this regional pricing, and as (I believe) you get lumped in with the Euro this hits you hard. Yet would you not rather the price be something you have to wait for a sale on and the game actually be available, then never have said games to even buy.

If you go to any other gaming store then Shiny Loot I believe you will have to pay a regional price. So GOG lost the battle with the pricing. So we all whine about the prices and only buy games on sales, but do not say you would rather not have the games here. Please.
fronzelneekburm: Here's my thing: Back when they introduced regional pricing in their infamous "Good news!" post, I said that if it helps bring another major on board, then I'm okay with it. I'll probably make less Day 1 purchases, but that'll be GOG's loss.

Yeah you're right, that could open the gates to flood us with much more wanted requested classics & bestsellers! Hopefully!
Ladies and gentlemen, fasten your wallet's seat belts! :D

Edit: And I have to repeat and highlight this part of your writing again (sry for this) because it reads and sounds absolutely GREAT:

"DRM-free revolution has finally reached the mainstream"
Post edited October 28, 2014 by gamefood
gamefood: Yeah you're right, that could open the gates to flood us with more wanted requested classics & bestsellers! Hopefully!
Ladies and gentlemen, fasten your wallet's seat belts! :D
I still hope GOG can get Gearbox to sign up with them so we can finally see the Homeworld series!
Post edited October 28, 2014 by IronArcturus
Cavalary: If so, it shouldn't have happened. Period.
011284mm: I understand the problem we all have with all this regional pricing, and as (I believe) you get lumped in with the Euro this hits you hard. Yet would you not rather the price be something you have to wait for a sale on and the game actually be available, then never have said games to even buy.

If you go to any other gaming store then Shiny Loot I believe you will have to pay a regional price. So GOG lost the battle with the pricing. So we all whine about the prices and only buy games on sales, but do not say you would rather not have the games here. Please.
Actually, on GOG there seem to be only a few publishers that insisted on EU price for all the EU, the rest seem to apply it for Eurozone only, so I get the standard one. So it's not that much about what I get, but about the principle of it, treat it just the same whether it affects me or not.
So no, definitely don't want to have those games here, as having them here means they'll be bought by some (definitely not be me, not even for one cent, and I also won't touch any non-regionally-priced games with publishers that have others on here that are regionally priced) and those publishers supported in their crap practices. I may want them here only if not a single person would buy them, to make a point, but then they obviously wouldn't be here in the first place, so...
And there are lots of games out there, and many of us have backlogs to last years.

Edit: Actually, regionally priced for me are only Age of Wonders 3 (standard and deluxe, but not the DLC) and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. That's all. So no, don't particularly care (didn't even know for sure till I checked now) what affects me directly, but as long as it negatively affects somebody, it shouldn't be supported.
(Also, by what those who have scripts said, Halfway, Gone Home and Shadow Warrior 2013 now no longer have higher prices, the regional part being that Russia gets a significantly lower price and the Eurozone and in case of GH and SW also the UK get a slightly lower one, by a matter of cents. Setting those separately in the list.)
Post edited October 28, 2014 by Cavalary
JudasIscariot: ...
JudasIscariot, would you kindly drop me a little enigmatic hint as to whether we can expect Jedi Knight here any time soon?

And by "enigmatic", I mean "Yes" or "No". ;P
Post edited October 28, 2014 by fronzelneekburm
fronzelneekburm: JudasIscariot, would you kindly drop me a little enigmatic hint as to whether we can expect Jedi Knight here any time soon?
And by "enigmatic", I mean "Yes" or "No". ;P
JudasIscariot: Yes. It's coming.
Post edited October 29, 2014 by Tallima