It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

skeletonbow: Ok, I'm thinking the fact there are 4 similar shots in the image is significant, each of them with a jumper on "master". My first thought was "Master of Orion 4", but there does not appear to be such a game ever released. I'm thinking it is some game with "Master" in the title and "4" because of the 4 images. Also each of the sub-images are different in that they're all at very slightly different levels of lighting and focus, with the one on the bottom left the most crisp and clear. Not sure if that is relevant or not.
I also feel the four pictures coming more into focus, from blurry to clear and in a clockwise motion at that, means something. But I have absolutely no idea, other than something about it may hold "master" in it's concept, and maybe even "slave", or in it's very title for that matter.

I've yet to play any game recommended thus far. And I'm willing to accept any worthwhile answer as to what game the hint represents.
what about some "HD re-master"? e.g. of Pier Solar?
http://www.shacknews.com/article/83477/genesis-homebrew-pier-solar-hd-coming-to-ps4-and-xbox
HD Remaster is a nice guess, I think.

What about Homeworld: Remastered Collection? Here's the collection homepage

It includes 4 games, HW1 classic + remaster and HW2 classic + remaster. Perhaps this is what the four images represent, too.
Post edited March 23, 2014 by adambiser
adambiser:
I thought so too :D
adambiser:
cmdr_flashheart: I thought so too :D
I was just getting ready to link to your post saying that I posted your reasons. :)
cmdr_flashheart: I thought so too :D
adambiser: I was just getting ready to link to your post saying that I posted your reasons. :)
And I like 'em! No more excuses, GOG!
adambiser: I was just getting ready to link to your post saying that I posted your reasons. :)
cmdr_flashheart: And I like 'em! No more excuses, GOG!
I haven't played any of them, but would love to see them here. Actually, I'd love to see most of the games that have been guessed here.

So little time.

A Google image search for "HD master" brings up this familiar image:
http://www.build-your-own-computer.net/image-files/installing-a-hard-drive-01.jpg
Post edited March 23, 2014 by adambiser
adambiser:
:O The code has been cracked.
adambiser:
cmdr_flashheart: :O The code has been cracked.
That would be amazing if it is any of the Homeworld games, but I can't believe GOG wouldn't have hyped their release more! At least tweeted something like, "Something big happening Thursday." I'm still skeptical.
Post edited March 23, 2014 by tfishell
Could it be Pegasus Prime? It's a remake, but it could still be considered a "remaster", correct?

Also, the pictures are going in a clockwise motion...time...time travel...??

It was also stated by the Pegasus Prime folks that late March might be the time, if everything went right, according to their Facebook.
Post edited March 23, 2014 by JinseiNGC224
JinseiNGC224: Could it be Pegasus Prime? It's a remake, but it could still be considered a "remaster", correct?

Also, the pictures are going in a clockwise motion...time...time travel...??

It was also stated by the Pegasus Prime folks that late March might be the time, if everything went right, according to their Facebook.
The game went gold, but I'm not sure if that means testing is fully completed, or if GOG is ready to release it, or what.

In any case I do think a release will be happening pretty darn soon, and it will be nice to mark the game as "completed" on the wishlist.
gamefood: snip
IronArcturus: While it would be cool to see Quake on GOG, how are you getting "Quake" from seeing a Master/Slave Jumper?
It's rather a wish from me in a kidding way than a real conclusion ^^ Another user wrote "Premier Manager", how can one comes to this? You should not take every writing too serious. At least in some of my postings ;)

gamefood: snip
skeletonbow: There are exactly zero id Software games on GOG.com at the moment and it would seem that the rights holder isn't too fond of DRM-free gaming for the most part. If they were to release id titles on GOG in the future I imagine they'd probably start with the Commander Keen games or Wolf 3D, then DOOM, DOOM2 etc.

"Never say never" and all that, sure, but it just seems extremely unlikely that we'll see id Software titles pop up all of a sudden starting with Quake. ;o)
Probably you're right. But that's no problem, I can wait for these id-games (and others), I am a patient customer. As long as Zenimax don't publish "their" games on GOG, they have to pass on a decent amount of $$$ they could make with those old games, because for sure I am not the only one with this attitude. We will see whose philosophy will cave in first.
Little hint: Not mine. ;)
I think we are all wishing for id Software games to come to GOG! :) Wouldn't be great if the entire series of Wolf3D, Doom, Quake, and maybe even Rage to show up here?
IronArcturus: I think we are all wishing for id Software games to come to GOG! :) Wouldn't be great if the entire series of Wolf3D, Doom, Quake, and maybe even Rage to show up here?
Of course! From your lips to God's ears ;)
cmdr_flashheart: :O The code has been cracked.
tfishell: That would be amazing if it is any of the Homeworld games, but I can't believe GOG wouldn't have hyped their release more! At least tweeted something like, "Something big happening Thursday." I'm still skeptical.
If I understand it correctly from homepage, Homeworld Remastered Collection is coming in Autumn 2014, maybe we can get chance for pre-order, but not the release...

But something like "not in focus of media, but still 4x masterpiece" can be Galactic Civilizations II...