It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Some of these games are visiting the Cloud for the first time!

UPDATE: To keep track of the ever-growing list of games that support this feature, you can always go here.

Did you hear? GOG Galaxy is getting a huge update to version 1.2 and along with its other great additions and improvements, it also brings Universal Cloud Saves! Some of the games already supported are beloved classics, some are more recent titles, and some of these games (marked in bold) got this feature implemented for the first time ever! Come take a look at the current list:

Night in the Woods
Undertale
Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines
Planescape: Torment
Might and Magic 7
Heroes of Might and Magic III: Complete

Dragon Age: Origins
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
FTL
Stardew Valley
Tyranny
The Witcher Enhanced Edition
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - GOTY
Shovel Knight
Shadowrun Returns
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Shadowrun Hong Kong
Darkest Dungeon
Firewatch
The Witness
Divinity: Original Sin
No Man's Sky
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Pillars of Eternity
Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy
Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator

The GOG Galaxy Update 1.2 is available today to users who opted to test upcoming updates, and will be rolling out to everyone in April. To download GOG Galaxy or see what’s new and improved visit GOG.com/Galaxy.
noamlol2: ...
achivements-currently only Witcher 3 has achivements
Lots of games have achievements, probably over 100 of them or so now, not sure of the exact count but you can probably find a discussion about it here in the forums, or query the MaGog search engine for feature flags or whatnot for a complete list. Someone may have made a GOGmix also possibly.

Update: 194 games have achievements
https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Starmaker: Can we please get a list of games supporting the overlay, too?
Probably not, it would rank in the several hundreds or more, and change with every new patch or so. In general, most games that use DirectX 7 through 11 or OpenGL should work to some degree or another. Anything older than that wont work.

Some older games can be fudged around a bit to get them to maybe work, such as by making DOSbox use OpenGL, but it is a crap shoot, and even if the overlay pops up there might be input related problems.

Someone might want to make a public Google Docs spreadsheet or similar with game names down the side, and contributors across the top indicating what games they've got to work with the overlay, and using the comment feature to indicate any problems or special tricks needed, but it'll be a rather monumental effort.

In the mean time, "several hundred" is about the size of it.
Post edited March 22, 2017 by skeletonbow
That is amazing, thank you!!

I was just about to buy The Witcher GOTY edition on Steam instead of buying the DLC's at GOG because of GOG's missing cloud features.

But now I will of course buy the DLC's from GOG. Cloud save FTW! :)
high rated
GOG.com: Universal Cloud Saves! Some of the games already supported are beloved classics, some are more recent titles, and some of these games (marked in bold) got this feature implemented for the first time ever! Come take a look at the current list:
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Here's a hint: If not all games have cloud saves, then the cloud save functionality is not universal.
I have modded Planescape: Torment, does this overwrite files and break the mods?
Wishbone: Here's a hint: If not all games have cloud saves, then the cloud save functionality is not universal.
I think by "universal" they mean : that works with both recent "Galaxy friendly" games and older games that were never made to support Galaxy features.
Wishbone: Here's a hint: If not all games have cloud saves, then the cloud save functionality is not universal.
Gersen: I think by "universal" they mean : that works with both recent "Galaxy friendly" games and older games that were never made to support Galaxy features.
They can't just make up their own meanings for existing words. Well, they obviously can, but...
Gersen: I think by "universal" they mean : that works with both recent "Galaxy friendly" games and older games that were never made to support Galaxy features.
Wishbone: They can't just make up their own meanings for existing words. Well, they obviously can, but...
The service is universal because it allows any developers to add cloud saves to their games. It's silly to assume that GOG would be able to implement cloud saves for every video game offered by themselves. You can stop being insufferable now.
Post edited March 22, 2017 by gogcrizzyeyes
Wishbone: They can't just make up their own meanings for existing words. Well, they obviously can, but...
"universal" as in "can work with all games", not necessarily as in "already implemented for all games in our catalog"; granted it's a little misleading but not really a new meaning.

I suspect it's probably an answer to some peoples who were worried that if a cloud save feature was ever implemented in Galaxy it would work like the Steam one and only work for game specifically made to support it.
GOG.com: Universal Cloud Saves! Some of the games already supported are beloved classics, some are more recent titles, and some of these games (marked in bold) got this feature implemented for the first time ever! Come take a look at the current list:
Wishbone: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Here's a hint: If not all games have cloud saves, then the cloud save functionality is not universal.
came here to say that. using this word is confusing at best and probably misleading
Post edited March 22, 2017 by graynk
Wishbone: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Right... my understanding is universal means any game on GOG can be set up to use cloud saves either by the dev or by GOG themselves. GOG stated that this is the initial list, but they will continue to make more games have cloud saving even those ones the dev does not officially support. Least that is my understanding based on a press article I just read.
low rated
gogcrizzyeyes: The service is universal because it allows any developers to add cloud saves to their games. It's silly to assume that GOG would be able to implement cloud saves for every video game offered by themselves. You can stop being insufferable now.
No, it is not silly to assume when you know what is involved, but then you are clearly not a developer. You can stop commenting on technical matters you know nothing about now.

Also, congratulations on posting on the forum for the first time. You obviously have lots of experience with how things work here.
BKGaming: Right... my understanding is universal means any game on GOG can be set up to use cloud saves either by the dev or by GOG themselves. GOG stated that this is the initial list, but they will continue to make more games have cloud saving even those ones the dev does not officially support. Least that is my understanding based on a press article I just read.
That's my understanding too and the fact that the initial game list includes Vampire Bloodline, Jedi Academy , HOMM 3 and M&M7 seems to confirm it as I have some doubts that the devs of those games actually spent time implementing Cloud save for them.

I'll have to second this. There goes my moderate excitement with galaxy, please call me when universal means, at least, all the games in my library.
Oh god, please add cloud support for Freespace 2 and the X-Wing series. I'm so tired of manually backing up my pilots.
But more importantly: how the heck does it work?