It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Discover the epic saga that redefined fantasy RPGs.

He has been called many names. The White Wolf. The Butcher of Blaviken. The ultimate Gwent addict. The slicer of prices. His adventures have reshaped the land around him and the gaming landscape along with it. Featuring an intoxicating mix of intense combat, engaging quests, branching storylines, and unforgettable characters, the Witcher series make for an unmissable experience. And an unmissable <span class="bold">Witcher Series Sale</span>, where all entries in the Witcher universe are up to 85% off, DRM and mutations-free!

Geralt raises his glass and invites everyone to discover the spectacular adventures we've had in his company. So take a sip of Toussaint's finest and prepare to immerse yourself in the intricate, amoral world of the white-haired wanderer from Rivia, taking advantage of these tasty discounts:

--The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game of the Year Edition -40%
--The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Expansion Pass -40%
--Blood and Wine expansion -40%
--Hearts of Stone expansion -40%
--The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings -85%
--The Witcher: Enhanced Edition -85%
--The Witcher Adventure Game -75%

<span class="bold">The Witcher Series Sale</span> will last until February 1st, 22:59 PM UTC. Happy hunting!
Hm, nice discounts. I own all the older Witcher games but not Witcher 3. Will wait for further price drop on it since its quite an old game already and seems a bit overpriced.
shmerl: The mandatory - where is The Witcher 3 for Linux?

The game is still unplayable in Wine, though Wine developers are doing a good job in gradually implementing DX11 support. However the proper Linux version is something that CDPR didn't deliver.
I got the collector's edition at launch, but so far I really only have the statue and art book to show for it :-P (granted, if it wasn't for those and the massive box, I would still be waiting to buy it). So, yeah, I'm also waiting for a release I can run.
Nice sale! Got myself a Witcher 2!
Matruchus: Hm, nice discounts. I own all the older Witcher games but not Witcher 3. Will wait for further price drop on it since its quite an old game already and seems a bit overpriced.
It's really not. The GOTY is $30. The base game launched at $60, and the expansion pass was another 30 if I remember right. So $30 is more than a fair price. Especially because it takes literally hundreds of hours to finish the game, and most of it is story, not useless dicking around like in Bethesda's games.
Triss for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Yen for dessert. Ciri for the weekend special.
Ahh what a world that would be.
nage83: How can you make money from a game if you continue giving up it almost for free? I intentionally bought all Witcher games when they were without discounts cos I wanted to support your company. I recon not everyone is like me but say Witcher 3 is still a rather new gamel and vastly superior than any other RPG on the market. Yet you are selling it for almost nothing. Weird marketing strategy, just saying...
Almost two years old and with 40% discount. That is probably reasonable. I've seen other games getting cheap much faster.

What they do is maximizing the profit, so while the price is lowered, the number of buyers increases and the fixed costs are relatively small, so somewhere there is an optimal price.

The current price probably reflects how much value people who haven't yet bought Witcher 3 still put in the games.

I mean, those who urgently wanted Witcher 3 already bought it. Those who may or may not play it a bit, might buy it now, however for a lower price.

That's normal demand and supply. I don't think they are off the right price (with highest profit) by a big margin. Their marketing is okay.
Post edited January 31, 2017 by Trilarion
Just wondering, I have the base game of Witcher 3 in my GOG library but on the store page it shows as not owned. It seems on the checkout page it doesn't state that I need the base game to buy the expansion, will the DLC's in the Expansion Pass be added to my base game in the library or as a separate entry? Will my game show up as GOTYE after that?
Post edited January 31, 2017 by X-com
X-com: Just wondering, I have the base game of Witcher 3 in my GOG library but on the store page it shows as not owned. It seems on the checkout page it doesn't state that I need the base game to buy the expansion, will the DLC's in the Expansion Pass be added to my base game in the library or as a separate entry? Will my game show up as GOTYE after that?
I don't own any version of this, but as far as I know, the DLC will appear under the library entry for the base game; however, after you purchase both expansions, the Game of the Year Edition should be added to your library as a separate item at some point (it might take a while, I'm not sure).
HunchBluntley: I don't own any version of this, but as far as I know, the DLC will appear under the library entry for the base game; however, after you purchase both expansions, the Game of the Year Edition should be added to your library as a separate item at some point (it might take a while, I'm not sure).
Ok, thank you, hope it works this way
Matruchus: Hm, nice discounts. I own all the older Witcher games but not Witcher 3. Will wait for further price drop on it since its quite an old game already and seems a bit overpriced.
blotunga: It's really not. The GOTY is $30. The base game launched at $60, and the expansion pass was another 30 if I remember right. So $30 is more than a fair price. Especially because it takes literally hundreds of hours to finish the game, and most of it is story, not useless dicking around like in Bethesda's games.
Deep down we know time spent is not testament to a game's quality, but 200 hours and counting, chums. 200 hours!
Post edited January 31, 2017 by markrichardb
HunchBluntley: I don't own any version of this, but as far as I know, the DLC will appear under the library entry for the base game; however, after you purchase both expansions, the Game of the Year Edition should be added to your library as a separate item at some point (it might take a while, I'm not sure).
X-com: Ok, thank you, hope it works this way
It should. I preordered so was shown as not owned for a long time. Then I got the Expansion pass and got the GoTY added later by GOG so now I see all as owned.
blotunga: It should. I preordered so was shown as not owned for a long time. Then I got the Expansion pass and got the GoTY added later by GOG so now I see all as owned.
Awesome, thank you for your answer as well, now I'm really sure
I will take this as a sign to buy the W3 DLCs and finally get round to playing this Epic Game!
Trilarion: Almost two years old and with 40% discount. That is probably reasonable. I've seen other games getting cheap much faster.

What they do is maximizing the profit, so while the price is lowered, the number of buyers increases and the fixed costs are relatively small, so somewhere there is an optimal price.

The current price probably reflects how much value people who haven't yet bought Witcher 3 still put in the games.

I mean, those who urgently wanted Witcher 3 already bought it. Those who may or may not play it a bit, might buy it now, however for a lower price.

That's normal demand and supply. I don't think they are off the right price (with highest profit) by a big margin. Their marketing is okay.
For me 2 years old game isn't old at all. I can rarely find time to play the game as soon as it gets released. I never preorder games for a reason that I will probably not be able to play them ASAP anyway.

I remember buying TW3 couple months after it got released but found time to play it all through just recently. And TW3 is so graphically advanced that if say it gets released today it would still look better than most games out there anyway

So yeah 2 years for a game like TW3 is nothing. They should have kept original price for one more year IMO.
Bigs: Is there anyone on this site that doesn't own The Witcher series (1 and 2 at least)...?
You've got a point. I own them all.

I even bought the witcher 2 twice (second time on special with an account registered as a different country and gifted back to my account). I was unobservant enough to miss the censoring of the game for Aus / NZ market, had seen the original posts that it wouldn't be and missed the later posts that it was to be censored until after that initial purchase). So now I have two versions to choose from. Not that I'm likely to choose censored.