It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Discover the epic saga that redefined fantasy RPGs.

He has been called many names. The White Wolf. The Butcher of Blaviken. The ultimate Gwent addict. The slicer of prices. His adventures have reshaped the land around him and the gaming landscape along with it. Featuring an intoxicating mix of intense combat, engaging quests, branching storylines, and unforgettable characters, the Witcher series make for an unmissable experience. And an unmissable <span class="bold">Witcher Series Sale</span>, where all entries in the Witcher universe are up to 85% off, DRM and mutations-free!

Geralt raises his glass and invites everyone to discover the spectacular adventures we've had in his company. So take a sip of Toussaint's finest and prepare to immerse yourself in the intricate, amoral world of the white-haired wanderer from Rivia, taking advantage of these tasty discounts:

--The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game of the Year Edition -40%
--The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Expansion Pass -40%
--Blood and Wine expansion -40%
--Hearts of Stone expansion -40%
--The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings -85%
--The Witcher: Enhanced Edition -85%
--The Witcher Adventure Game -75%

<span class="bold">The Witcher Series Sale</span> will last until February 1st, 22:59 PM UTC. Happy hunting!
I'm just assuming they saw that The Witcher 3 wasn't #1 on the popularity list so they need to rectify that.
JMich: Let's pop this in the forum while we ponder the occasion.
They never need a reason for a Witcher series promo. :)
krakataul: "...where all entries in the Witcher universe are up to 85% off, DRM and mutations-free!"

How come that non-GOTY edition of the Witcher 3 is not on sale? :(
It's probably their way of gently discouraging people from buying the basic edition of the game, partly since I imagine they may at some point stop selling it and the separate DLC and just have the GOTYE.
Why would you want just the base game anyway?

JMich: Not a blue, but try here. Unsure if that's for both games or not, tell me if I have to go digging for another page.
timmy010: nice, but i also have the adventure game.
That one's not part of that program (probably wasn't nearly popular enough), so you'll have to wait till they put it back in the Connect program.
Post edited January 30, 2017 by HunchBluntley
Bigs: Is there anyone on this site that doesn't own The Witcher series (1 and 2 at least)...?
IwubCheeze: They were both given away free but as IIRC correctly, bother games were given away only once. Witcher 1 was given away In October 2013 if you bought something in that promo. [...]
The Witcher EE was also given away to people who signed up for the Gwent beta; I think other similar promotions occurred in the past (e.g., pre-order such-and-such game, get a free copy of The Witcher), but I don't remember specifically what or when.

Pond86: Call me crazy (and alot of people most likley will) but I own the GOTY edition of TW3 already. Now it really bugs me the way TW3 and its addons are still displayed as unowned on GOG. So, I have a few things:

1) is it possible to get the non GOTY edtions for free (seeing as you get a free version of the GOTY edition if you own it all already?)

OR

2) If I buy the normal TW3 and the DLC's sep will they be listed as a sep thing and will the SP count as brought or if I buy TW3 and the SP will then the sep addons display as owned?
You're crazy!
With that out of the way: 1) I think you could probably contact Support and ask them to add the basic version + DLC to your account since you already own the GOTYE. They already added that version to the accounts of people who owned the base game + both expansions, so I don't see why the reverse would be a problem.
2) Don't buy the game again just so it says "owned". -_- But, yes, it will be a separate item in your library.
(Also, past tense of "buy" is "bought" -- no "R". ;) )
Post edited January 30, 2017 by HunchBluntley
"It's probably their way of gently discouraging people from buying the basic edition of the game, partly since I imagine they may at some point stop selling it and the separate DLC and just have the GOTYE.
Why would you want just the base game anyway? " - HunchBluntley*

Base game is what I can afford right now, was thinking about buying DLC during the GOG Spring sale...
Interestingly, Witcher 3 is currently 17,99€ (40% off) on Steam, last week it was 14,99€ on Humble (GOG version), but I was hoping to buy it here, just to give some support to CD Project RED and GOG :)

*sorry, accidentally deleted quotes :D
Post edited January 30, 2017 by krakataul
HunchBluntley: It's probably their way of gently discouraging people from buying the basic edition of the game, partly since I imagine they may at some point stop selling it and the separate DLC and just have the GOTYE.
Why would you want just the base game anyway?
krakataul: Base game is what I can afford right now, was thinking about buying DLC during the GOG Spring sale...
Interestingly, Witcher 3 is currently 17,99€ (40% off) on Steam, last week it was 14,99€ on Humble (GOG version), but I was hoping to buy it here, just to give some support to CD Project RED and GOG :)
(Quotes reinstated. =) )
Fair enough...although, technically, if you can afford the base game, then you can afford the GOTYE, since that's $10 cheaper right now. ;) (Yes, I know that's not what you meant. =D )
The witcher has been on sale on GOG more times that any game series in recent history.
W1 and W2 have been on sale and/or gifted so many times that everybody that has a GOG account surely has multiple copies by now.

At this point, anybody that still wants the Witcher3GOTYE already has it, and those that don't wont buy it at that price point.
Would be interesting to see some statistics regarding fresh witcher3 sales.
I am possibly the only one around here who doesn't own Witcher 2 and 3 and wants to play them. I just own (and have played) the first game of the series.
Post edited January 31, 2017 by Martian12
Nice to see The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Expansion Pass get the same discount as the separate expansions, making it a better deal.
How can you make money from a game if you continue giving up it almost for free? I intentionally bought all Witcher games when they were without discounts cos I wanted to support your company. I recon not everyone is like me but say Witcher 3 is still a rather new gamel and vastly superior than any other RPG on the market. Yet you are selling it for almost nothing. Weird marketing strategy, just saying...
Catshade: Oh noes! This can only means The Witcher series is going to be delisted from GOG store!
I heard there were some problems with the licencing; it seems they can't find who owns the rights for Geralt's haircuts, thus they can't continue selling it here..
Post edited January 31, 2017 by Vythonaut
Got Witcher 3 via GOG key from the humble store a couple of days ago. Gotta say, this is the best approach to "open world" I've seen so far. Instead of the Ubisoft model of putting the same buildings/missions/whathaveyou everywhere, I get pleasantly surprised all the time (just had the pigs mission).

It's just strange to see the faces even of more important people getting re-used. I encountered the emperor's chamberlain's face on a peasant in a side mission.
high rated
The mandatory - where is The Witcher 3 for Linux?

The game is still unplayable in Wine, though Wine developers are doing a good job in gradually implementing DX11 support. However the proper Linux version is something that CDPR didn't deliver.
Post edited January 31, 2017 by shmerl
shmerl: The mandatory - where is The Witcher 3 for Linux?

The game is still unplayable in Wine, though Wine developers are doing a good job in gradually implementing DX11 support. However the proper Linux version is something that CDPR didn't deliver.
lol just in time to see DX12 go main stream

I own W1 and played it for the story
I own w2 but don't play it
w3 isn't for me but the screenshots look worth the $ imo
Post edited January 31, 2017 by ussnorway
nage83: Witcher 3 is still a rather new gamel and vastly superior than any other RPG on the market. Yet you are selling it for almost nothing. Weird marketing strategy, just saying...
I wouldn't call $30 "almost nothing".
shmerl: The mandatory - where is The Witcher 3 for Linux?

ussnorway: lol just in time to see DX12 go main stream
Who needs DX12 when there is Vulkan? In practice however, implementing DX12 support would take them way less time. DX12 has nothing to do with DX11 and it's a much simpler API.