It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

iDragon: age of wonders and hong kong not being recognised for me at least currently, though I do own them on steam.. hopefully just a glitch or such.
PixelBoy: I have the exact same problem with those exact same games!

Although I guess it can be partially due to some settings.
I just found out that my Steam account had games list set as private, even though the profile itself was public.

I don't know if that has something to do with it. I haven't changed any Steam settings, as I don't really use Steam, I only redeem free codes from bundles and such, but in the past GOG Connect actually worked for me. I heard that Steam might have changed their privacy settings, and if that's true, then maybe trying different settings will help.

Sadly I discovered this settings issue only after trying that Connect refresh button twice. And that has a two-hour reset, although resetting it took much longer than two hours, so who knows how long it will take before I can hit it third time.
Yeah, I believe Steam changed my privacy settings of its own accord once; it could have been when the specific privacy option for the games list was added. It can serve as a reminder for people to double check that their settings haven't changed since they last set them, I suppose.

In any case, good luck with your next refresh!
ok.. looks like it might have been the game list privacy setting, or not having launched the games. Either way, seems I got snuck by sneaky privacy changes too. Got them activated now.
I can confirm now that it's about those privacy settings, apparently.

You need to have TWO things set to public:

- Steam profile in general
- games list under Steam profile.

After that, you may need to refresh a couple of times, but in the end, the games should end up in the GOG library.
PixelBoy: I can confirm now that it's about those privacy settings, apparently.

You need to have TWO things set to public:

- Steam profile in general
- games list under Steam profile.

After that, you may need to refresh a couple of times, but in the end, the games should end up in the GOG library.
Duly noted.
So...

I was really excited to add original and HK Shadowrun to my collection (loved Dragonfall), and Age of Wonders 3 to boot! I've got the Steam keys for all three games but never activated them, partially as Steam is super annoying but also hoping they'd return to GOG Connect. And my prayers were answered! So I happily activated all three keys on my Steam account, hit 'refresh' - and nothing. Ah well, let's hit the Help files - okay, I set my Steam profile to public and the games list to public, I waited two hours (two and a half just to be sure), came back - waiiit...where's the refresh button?

Okay, just reload the page, right? Nope - no refresh button. And still no three newly available games. Okay, I set up everything in the Steam client, how about logging in on my browser? And then double checking that everything is set to public? Nope, that didn't work. And everytime I go back to the GOG Connect page, it detects no new games and the refresh button never returns. I guess I'll try waiting another two hours before reloading, and see if the refresh button decides to come back?
melancthon: So...

I was really excited to add original and HK Shadowrun to my collection (loved Dragonfall), and Age of Wonders 3 to boot! I've got the Steam keys for all three games but never activated them, partially as Steam is super annoying but also hoping they'd return to GOG Connect. And my prayers were answered! So I happily activated all three keys on my Steam account, hit 'refresh' - and nothing. Ah well, let's hit the Help files - okay, I set my Steam profile to public and the games list to public, I waited two hours (two and a half just to be sure), came back - waiiit...where's the refresh button?

Okay, just reload the page, right? Nope - no refresh button. And still no three newly available games. Okay, I set up everything in the Steam client, how about logging in on my browser? And then double checking that everything is set to public? Nope, that didn't work. And everytime I go back to the GOG Connect page, it detects no new games and the refresh button never returns. I guess I'll try waiting another two hours before reloading, and see if the refresh button decides to come back?
Could it be that it's still processing your request? Do you see the following text "Looking for eligible games. Due to exceedingly high demand this may take up to several days, please check back later. Thank you for your patience. Please note that you can only refresh your account once every 2 hours"? It's the 'several days' part that could be key. If you simply cannot see the refresh button, then I can't really say what it is; it should return after a couple of hours, though I haven't tested it empirically. Come back later and hope for the best. It should still be a few days before they change the games on offer.
MightyPinecone: Could it be that it's still processing your request? Do you see the following text "Looking for eligible games. Due to exceedingly high demand this may take up to several days, please check back later. Thank you for your patience. Please note that you can only refresh your account once every 2 hours"?
That text was not present - I only get it right after hitting refresh, and it goes away upon page reloading.

Looking at other threads, it seems I tried connecting too late in the day, after the Steam API had been hammered flat by requests - so I waited until the next morning (when is Polish midnight?:p), and sure enough, all three games availed themselves to me. Hurray!

In order not to have my posts be just wasted complaining/coolstory, it seems likely that Connect counts reloading the page as a refresh attempt (so anyone reading this in the future can spare themselves a little annoyance), and now I wonder: how many hits can the Steam API take in a day before exhausting itself?

By the way, thank you for this thread, it's an excellent resource and should really be sticky'd, as the Connect process is a bit mysterious (as well as time-limited, which makes people antsier than usual), so some explanation and reassurance is definitely in order from SOMEone.
MightyPinecone: Could it be that it's still processing your request? Do you see the following text "Looking for eligible games. Due to exceedingly high demand this may take up to several days, please check back later. Thank you for your patience. Please note that you can only refresh your account once every 2 hours"?
melancthon: That text was not present - I only get it right after hitting refresh, and it goes away upon page reloading.

Looking at other threads, it seems I tried connecting too late in the day, after the Steam API had been hammered flat by requests - so I waited until the next morning (when is Polish midnight?:p), and sure enough, all three games availed themselves to me. Hurray!

In order not to have my posts be just wasted complaining/coolstory, it seems likely that Connect counts reloading the page as a refresh attempt (so anyone reading this in the future can spare themselves a little annoyance), and now I wonder: how many hits can the Steam API take in a day before exhausting itself?

By the way, thank you for this thread, it's an excellent resource and should really be sticky'd, as the Connect process is a bit mysterious (as well as time-limited, which makes people antsier than usual), so some explanation and reassurance is definitely in order from SOMEone.
Good to know, this info will likely reassure a few people. No idea how many requests the Steam API will accept in a day, but I recall they've had the same issue before, which is probably why the text I quoted above is so imprecise on how long it will take to 'refresh' the list. And thanks for the compliment. :)
The only on that list so far that I do not have is Shadowrun Hong Kong - Extended Edition.
Well, I do not want Age of Wonders 3. I hope the next week list is good as well. I wonder if the change to a new list will be starting tomorrow.

MightyPinecone: It's alive!

https://www.gog.com/connect

Games available:
Age of Wonders 3
I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Shadowrun Returns
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
Shadowrun Hong Kong - Extended Edition
Trine Enchanted Edition

https://www.gog.com/news/the_winter_sale_2018_starts_now
tastymonkey: The only on that list so far that I do not have is Shadowrun Hong Kong - Extended Edition.
Well, I do not want Age of Wonders 3. I hope the next week list is good as well. I wonder if the change to a new list will be starting tomorrow.

MightyPinecone: It's alive!

Games available:
Age of Wonders 3
Shadowrun Returns
Trine Enchanted Edition

https://www.gog.com/news/the_winter_sale_2018_starts_now
tastymonkey:
I really don't know when they consider a week to have gone. In the US weeks start on Sunday, and here in Sweden they start on Monday, which I believe also applies to Poland (I think this is one of the cases were you've chosen to go your own way, like with Fahrenheit and so forth). What's more, they might mean 'one week as of when the games were made available', which was what? Friday? I forget. But anyway, we'll know soon enough.
New game available! At least I haven't noticed it before, I suspect it was put up yesterday (or earlier today for some of you).

Games available:
Age of Wonders 3
Forgotten Anne
Shadowrun Returns
Trine Enchanted Edition

----

As GOG mixes is no longer a thing, I've removed the following links from the OP:

PookaMustard's 'GOG Connect Games' GOG Mix:
https://www.gog.com/mix/gog_connect_games?ccr=y
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogmix_gog_connect_games_discussion

amrit9037's 'Games on GOG CONNECT' GOG Mix:
https://www.gog.com/mix/games_on_gog_connect

RIP, GOG mixes.
Post edited December 19, 2018 by MightyPinecone
A new batch of games were released earlier today, as most of you are probably aware:

Convoy
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek
Hard West
Knight's of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
Syberia

Get them here

These will presumably be available for the coming week, so until next Thursday .
Am I the only one having trouble connecting Convoy?
Why do we even need this topic when we've had the other one for longer?
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/introducing_gog_connect_8fac8/page120
i0n8or: Am I the only one having trouble connecting Convoy?
Worked for me.

Koitenshin: Why do we even need this topic when we've had the other one for longer?
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/introducing_gog_connect_8fac8/page120
In this thread, the first post gets updated with recent information.
Post edited December 24, 2018 by The-Business