It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MIK0: The next step would be to sell games ourself. Too bad we still need GOG for that.
DeathDiciple: Hey, It's just me being a fan of open apis and 'do it yourself' I suppose. If they can't/won't spend time on fixing the broken crap, at least let us do it. But I was wrong anyway, and not sure how much I even care at this point.
It was a bittersweet joke, but I was actually serious. I totally agree that if the users have to do most of the work themself, at least they should be provided with proper ways to do so, as you suggested.
For instance, Galaxy right now is useless and still pushed as a final product in promotions, mailing list and as a selling point lying about its current state. But it won't be particularly usefull to most users even when the bug will be fixed and feature added because by design it lacks a lot of feature that users wants to check, update and manage their backups. With the API you suggested, one could create a better tool to accomplish that.
Right now the only purpose of Galaxy is for GOG to say "Look, we have Steam too!".
high rated
I bought Randal's Monday recently and when MaGog scanned its library entry yesterday, it informed me that it has a "Serial Keys" menu option (under More,naturally) which carries a gift code for ONE of three games: (1) EDNA & HARVEY: THE BREAKOUT, (2) DEPONIA, (3) A NEW BEGINNING: FINAL CUT. I wasn't aware of this and would have probably remained ignorant of it were it not for MaGog's diligence, for the code is not listed anywhere under the new "orders history". So if you have the game too, do check whether you have such a code as well. You might be in for a pleasant surprise.

Since I have all three games, I used MaGog's ability to search the public wishlists of those who have opted in here, and found a deserving goglodyte (Enebias) who had Edna & Harvey listed on his wishlist. I am glad to report that the gift code has been accepted and Edna & Harvey have found a happy new home.
Post edited May 27, 2015 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: I bought Randal's Monday recently and when MaGog scanned its library entry yesterday, it informed me that it has a "Serial Keys" menu option (under More,naturally) which carries a gift code for ONE of three games: (1) EDNA & HARVEY: THE BREAKOUT, (2) DEPONIA, (3) A NEW BEGINNING: FINAL CUT. I wasn't aware of this and would have probably remained ignorant of it were it not for MaGog's diligence, for the code is not listed anywhere under the new "orders history". So if you have the game too, do check whether you have such a code as well. You might be in for a pleasant surprise.

Since I have all three games, I used MaGog's ability to search the public wishlists of those who have opted in here, and found a deserving goglodyte (Enebias) who had Edna & Harvey listed on his wishlist. I am glad to report that the gift code has been accepted and Edna & Harvey have found a happy new home.
Huh...
It was supposed to be a gift for pre-orders.
high rated
It can't be. I didn't pre-order it and I still got the gift code. This would mean that GOG has a bug, which is a physical impossibility.
mrkgnao: It can't be. I didn't pre-order it and I still got the gift code. This would mean that GOG has a bug, which is a physical impossibility.
It's true that GOG doesn't have a bug. Now, bugs? That's a different story.
From MaGog's logs for 27 May:

Some 18 games had their image change slightly (font, colour, zoom changes), mostly for the better. Nothing major. Let me know if you want a complete list.

NOTE! CHANGED Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword, title_ru: Mount & Blade. Огнём и мечом ***TO*** Mount & Blade. Огнём и мечом. Великие битвы

NOTE! CHANGED Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The - Expansion Pass [Season Pass] [Upcoming] [DLC], title_ru: Комплект дополнений для Ведьмак 3: Дикая Охота ***TO*** Комплект дополнений для игры «Ведьмак 3: Дикая Охота»

NOTE! CHANGED Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The - Game + Expansion Pass [Season Pass] [Premium], title_ru: Ведьмак 3: Дикая Охота с Комплектом дополнений ***TO*** Ведьмак 3: Дикая Охота с комплектом дополнений

NOTE! CHANGED Chroma Squad, file_size: 130 MB ***TO*** 128 MB
From MaGog's logs for 27 May:

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Alone in the Dark: The Trilogy 1+2+3, downloadables, AitD 1: Windows installer, English (no change in name; Thu, 21 May 2015 09:57:34 GMT ***TO*** Tue, 26 May 2015 09:38:24 GMT; 269,541,576 ***TO*** 269,541,616)
It seems the notification system is working again (at least for me). Got a flag for Darksiders a few minutes ago.

Changelog thread created in the forum:

https://www.gog.com/forum/darksiders_series/changelog
What is going on with all those 32-bit compatibility fixes as of late?
From MaGog's logs for 28 May:

NOTE! CHANGED Serpent in the Staglands, bonuses: ***TO*** map
Post edited May 28, 2015 by mrkgnao
PaterAlf: [...] flag for Darksiders [...]
I observe the same problem like MarkoH01. Additionally there is no notification in Galaxy. Thanks to PaterAlf the website notification makes sense, now.
Post edited May 28, 2015 by Crimson
PaterAlf:
Crimson: I observe the same problem like MarkoH01. Additionally there is no notification in Galaxy. Thanks to PaterAlf the website notification makes sense, now.
AFAIK, galaxy notifies one only about changes in installed games, and moreover only if installed on the same machine as galaxy.
I really hope that GOG will upload the Blackguards patch before Judas goes on vacation...
Looks like my pal Sanctuary RPG just got an update flag.
mrkgnao: AFAIK, galaxy notifies one only about changes in installed games, and moreover only if installed on the same machine as galaxy.
I remember you mentioned this, but as it affects me the first time this knowledge was kind of buried. Thanks - you jogged my memory.
This feature makes Galaxy even more "useful" (no bandwidth limiting feature) for me.
The collectors edition of Galaxy for best age gamers probably offers a notification system, because they have no time to play and just want to keep the games up to date for the improbable case they have a chance to play a game combined with the probable case of no available broadband connection and/or offline distribution service (like gog, steam, uplay, origin, rockstar, ...).
Post edited May 28, 2015 by Crimson