It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DeathDiciple: Yes, as far as W3 goes. I never got a single update flag on site for it, so before starting a game session I fire up galaxy, and if there is update I get blue flag 'update available' and just update through there.

I was actually blaming galaxy for missing flags on site, but it seems they're missing for everyone.

Reminds me... I should look through galaxy logs, perhaps it hints at what the hell it's checking.
Ah, but that's because you have the game installed. Do you get any update flags on Galaxy for games you have not installed ?

EDIT: changed syntax for clarity.
Post edited May 26, 2015 by HypersomniacLive
DeathDiciple: Galaxy itself has notifications from 'somewhere', and those do seem to work, unlike website ones. Don't ask me how, when I havent seen a damn for e.g. Witcher 3, but galaxy did have the update flag in time properly (I have it set to manual). So I suppose my idea was along the lines of, I dunno, writing a chron that would check said API and pull the new installers as they pop up, or whatever it might be that you usually do when you get updated notification.

Now, technically you could say that's what magog is doing already in a way, except that checks are getting him ip banned (unless they removed that?).
HypersomniacLive: Are you saying that even though notifications are borked on the site, they work as should on Galaxy?

@mrkgnao
I seem to recall that you had Galaxy installed - could you chime in, please?
I never saw a flag in galaxy, including when I had some on the website.

AFAIK, galaxy only notifies one of updates in installed games, of which I currently have one (King's Bounty: The Legend, which hasn't changed recently), so it's pretty useless for backup.

P.S. I am also pretty sure galaxy notifies one only of games installed on the same computer as galaxy, so you can't use it from another computer and expect to see updates.
Post edited May 26, 2015 by mrkgnao
Yeah, I suppose it would be useless anyway, as nothing guarantees that installers changed if it's own hash changed... so much about that idea.
high rated
Thanks mrkgnao.

So, for games that mrkgnao doesn't own there won't be any reliable way to be informed of updated installers if the notifications system gets scrapped.

Regardless of MaGog though, it's GOG responsibility to provide a reliable and effective notifications system.
Since the NAS and therefore the unacceptable sort order of everyones library has unfortunately NOT updated yet, I posted GOG a reminder. I want my good looking library back. I really don't want to buy other titles from franchises anymore because they just look bad being sorted incorrectly (the newest one being Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Witcher, 2 Witcher Enhanced Edition Director's Cut).
From MaGog's logs for 26 May:

NOTE! CHANGED Alien Nations, title_de: ***TO*** Die Völker

NOTE! CHANGED Nations Gold Edition, The, title_de: ***TO*** Die Völker 2 Gold

NOTE! CHANGED Caribbean!, file_size: 0.8 GB ***TO*** 0.9 GB
high rated
Good news everyone - yes, REAL good news.
Today Daedalic told me that they have finally uploaded the loooooong awaited Blackguards patch AND - and that is the real good thing about it - Judas has confirmed that they have received the files. So it all lies in GOG hands now and my work, meaning annoying the devs as long as they cannot stand it anymore and give us the patch, is done :)
MarkoH01: Good news everyone - yes, REAL good news.
Today Daedalic told me that they have finally uploaded the loooooong awaited Blackguards patch AND - and that is the real good thing about it - Judas has confirmed that they have received the files. So it all lies in GOG hands now and my work, meaning annoying the devs as long as they cannot stand it anymore and give us the patch, is done :)
Blackguards? It's curious...
HypersomniacLive: As much as it saddens me, this thought has crossed my mind too.
DeathDiciple: I think that much is obvious. The question is, wether they will release API or not. If they don't then... we just got our mandatory client (for anything over 1gb in size anyway). If they do, or if people figure the calls, we'll end up with alternative community downloaders, so it won't be such a problem imho. Remains to be seen.

Just my 2c.
The next step would be to sell games ourself. Too bad we still need GOG for that.

That's how it works this days unfortunately. Thanks for having pick up the task.
madth3: Blackguards? It's curious...
Hey, thank you for the link. I just got a 80% less key for my friend :)
MarkoH01: Hey, thank you for the link. I just got a 80% less key for my friend :)
My pleasure. (I had just posted it in the deals thread before coming here)

Thank you for pestering the devs.
Thank you!!!

I already completed Blackguards and must say that the DLC was really buggy. I hope they fixed that, because it is quite possible I will play the game again at some point, sooner rather than later probably. It's the 2014 GOTY for me.
mrkgnao: Thank you!!!

I already completed Blackguards and must say that the DLC was really buggy. I hope they fixed that, because it is quite possible I will play the game again at some point, sooner rather than later probably. It's the 2014 GOTY for me.
Daedalic said that they fixed all bugs that were mentioned to them. For me the most important thing was a bug in which you could not save anymore after a special encounter. This was totally unacceptable.
From MaGog's logs for 27 May:

NOTE! CHANGED Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The - Free DLC Program [Season Pass] [DLC], title_de: ***TO*** Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - gratis DLC-Programm
DeathDiciple: ...
MIK0: The next step would be to sell games ourself. Too bad we still need GOG for that.
Hey, It's just me being a fan of open apis and 'do it yourself' I suppose. If they can't/won't spend time on fixing the broken crap, at least let us do it. But I was wrong anyway, and not sure how much I even care at this point.