It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: Just added the strategy guide, 4 avatars, and 4 wallpapers to the goodies section of Europa Universalis: Rome Gold Edition :)
Nice, thanks Judas!
MarkoH01: Yay, I knew it would come to GOG after reading the giveaway notes. Thank you GOG, thank you Judas!

What OS do you use? I can test it on my system but only have Windows XP and Windows 7.
Geralt_of_Rivia: Windows 7, 64bit. As I already said, the game ran fine before. Something in the Galaxy update doesn't work as it should.
In this case I should have the same problem if I update the new version or not? And that is what I want to try.
Geralt_of_Rivia: Windows 7, 64bit. As I already said, the game ran fine before. Something in the Galaxy update doesn't work as it should.
MarkoH01: In this case I should have the same problem if I update the new version or not? And that is what I want to try.
You won't know until you try. But don't delete your old installers like I did until you know if there are any problems.
Geralt_of_Rivia: You won't know until you try. But don't delete your old installers like I did until you know if there are any problems.
New installers did work for me on win7 64bit, but on single monitor. If it's galaxy fuckup, did you try launching Rise of the Triad (2013)\Binaries\ROTTLauncher.exe directly, bypassing galaxy launch? Obviously, for single player at least, didn't even test mp.
Geralt_of_Rivia: You won't know until you try. But don't delete your old installers like I did until you know if there are any problems.
DeathDiciple: New installers did work for me on win7 64bit, but on single monitor. If it's galaxy fuckup, did you try launching Rise of the Triad (2013)\Binaries\ROTTLauncher.exe directly, bypassing galaxy launch? Obviously, for single player at least, didn't even test mp.
Since Galaxy is optional, it would be nice to have some good-ol'-non-Galaxy launchers too so we can pick between the two at our discretion... you hear that GOG? Do I need to put this in the black hole of the community wishlist?
EDIT:

Nevermind.
Post edited April 17, 2015 by madth3
WinterSnowfall: Since Galaxy is optional, it would be nice to have some good-ol'-non-Galaxy launchers too so we can pick between the two at our discretion...
madth3: I don't follow. I can download the new installers from my non-Galaxy library, as usual.
You should be able to download them from your Galaxy library as well.
Yes, I ran standalone installers. The thing is, main shortcut for game is firing up galaxy launch of the game, instead of the standalone launcher that bypasses galaxy (that I mentioned above). So I thought, perhaps there is something with the way galaxy is launching the game that is new/crashing on their system where the old-fashioned launcher would still work fine - wouldn't be the first time.

So yes, you can still install and use it without galaxy, thought the launcher exe itself - yet once again they made main menu shortcut point to galaxy launch, potentially making confusion. And I suppose my fail at explaining made it worse.
DeathDiciple: So yes, you can still install and use it without galaxy, thought the launcher exe itself - yet once again they made main menu shortcut point to galaxy launch, potentially making confusion. And I suppose my fail at explaining made it worse.
I got what you were saying, no worries.

The bit about the default desktop shortcut pointing to the Galaxy launcher is what is also imho a confusing way to approach things. I'm not particularly happy that I'll need to recreate shortcuts for all the games I install and don't necessarily want to play in conjunction with Galaxy.

Ok, after all it's not *that* much of an issue, but still it's mildly annoying.

Having two separate desktop shortcuts is overkill, so perhaps one to a single interactive launcher that will ask you on first use (and obviously one that you can reconfigure later) if you want to use Galaxy with the game or not is the way to go?
Post edited April 17, 2015 by WinterSnowfall
DeathDiciple: So yes, you can still install and use it without galaxy, thought the launcher exe itself - yet once again they made main menu shortcut point to galaxy launch, potentially making confusion. And I suppose my fail at explaining made it worse.
WinterSnowfall: I got what you were saying, no worries.

The bit about the default desktop shortcut pointing to the Galaxy launch is what is also imho a confusing way to approach things. I'm not particularly happy that I'll need to recreate shortcuts for all the games I install and don't necessarily want to play in conjunction with Galaxy.

Ok, after all it's not *that* much of an issue, but still it's mildly annoying.

Having two separate desktop shortcuts is overkill, so perhaps one to a single interactive launcher that will ask you on first use (and obviously one that you can reconfigure later) if you want to use Galaxy with the game or not is the way to go?
I'm not familiar with this issue. What does the Galaxy launcher do that the regular one does not?
The digital integrity check doesn't seem to progress for the new installer of Rise of the Triad (2013). This might not be an isolated problem, as another member reported that the digital integrity check also doesn't progress for Pillars of Eternity. I have just sent a ticket to support and will report back when they respond.
mrkgnao: I'm not familiar with this issue. What does the Galaxy launcher do that the regular one does not?
It's not an issue per se (at least not globally).

I've first noticed this with the AvP installers: the desktop shortcut that gets created for the game does not point directly to the game executable, but rather to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\GalaxyClient\GalaxyClient.exe" /gameId=0000000000 /command=launch /path="C:\Program Files\AvP Classic"

There still is a regular launcher in the game's install directory and even one in the main menu (at least for AvP), so you could potentially use that if Galaxy fails to work for you or if you don't want to use it at all.

It's not such a big deal, but I find it potentially problematic and rather confusing.

Grargar: The digital integrity check doesn't seem to progress for the new installer of Rise of the Triad (2013). This might not be an isolated problem, as another member reported that the digital integrity check also doesn't progress for Pillars of Eternity. I have just sent a ticket to support and will report back when they respond.
It doesn't work for me either (Win7 64bit).
Post edited April 17, 2015 by WinterSnowfall
I had integrity check off when I installed it, as usual. I'll leave it for a while, but it seems to be stuck to me too.

OT but does anyone get random timeouts on gog site past few days? Clearing cache/cookies/logins doesnt seem to do anything, and it does the same on both linux and windows firefox.
From MaGog's logs for 17 April:

A large number of games (70) had their star rating change in the past 6 hours, the vast majority of them going down by 0.1. This is a lot more than the usual number (less than 7 on average, I'd say). I wonder whether GOG has changed something in its calculations or whether some entity is aggressively spamming the ratings (probably the former).

NOTE! CHANGED Gothic 2 Gold Edition, image: http://images.gog.com/a6eb8bd65dfeb4b61d75afe2d110748cd258d5c6288ea2bf14c48b47ad1fddaf_100.jpg ***TO*** http://images.gog.com/2ce85eecb9b5e1ab65c18a87ecf3bf3f6509efe252a836f137d9ed732fc9413f_100.jpg

NOTE! CHANGED Gothic 2 Gold Edition, age_req: ESRB Rating: Mature (with Blood, Sexual Themes, Use of Drugs, Violence). PEGI Rating: 12+ (with Violence) ***TO*** ESRB Rating: Mature (with Blood, Sexual Themes, Use of Drugs, Violence). USK Rating: Approved for children aged 12 and above. PEGI Rating: 12+ (with Violence)

NOTE! CHANGED Gothic 2 Gold Edition, file_size: 1.9 GB ***TO*** 2 GB

NOTE! CHANGED Gothic 2 Gold Edition, companies: Piranha Bytes / Nordic Games ***TO*** Piranha Bytes / Piranha Bytes

NOTE! CHANGED Gothic 3, age_req: ESRB Rating: Teen (with Blood and Gore, Language, Sexual Themes, Use of Drugs, Violence). PEGI Rating: 16+ (with Violence) ***TO*** ESRB Rating: Teen (with Blood and Gore, Language, Sexual Themes, Use of Drugs, Violence). USK Rating: Approved for children aged 12 and above. PEGI Rating: 16+ (with Violence)

NOTE! CHANGED Gothic 3, file_size: 2.9 GB ***TO*** 3 GB

NOTE! CHANGED Gothic 3, companies: Piranha Bytes / Nordic Games ***TO*** Piranha Bytes / Piranha Bytes

NOTE! CHANGED Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition, age_req: ESRB Rating: Teen (with Blood and Gore, Language, Sexual Themes, Use of Drugs, Violence). PEGI Rating: 16+ (with Violence) ***TO*** ESRB Rating: Teen (with Blood and Gore, Language, Sexual Themes, Use of Drugs, Violence). USK Rating: Approved for children aged 12 and above. PEGI Rating: 16+ (with Violence)

NOTE! CHANGED Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition, file_size: 2.5 GB ***TO*** 2.7 GB

NOTE! CHANGED Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition, companies: Trine Games & G3 Community Patch Team / Nordic Games ***TO*** Trine Games & G3 Community Patch Team / Piranha Bytes

NOTE! CHANGED Broken Sword 4: The Angel of Death (Secrets of the Ark), file_size: 4 GB ***TO*** 2.8 GB
[2.8GB seems like the correct size]

NOTE! CHANGED Europa Universalis: Rome Gold, bonuses: manual ***TO*** manual, 4 wallpapers, playguide, 4 avatars

NOTE! CHANGED Rise of the Triad (2013), file_size: 5.6 GB ***TO*** 6.2 GB
DeathDiciple: OT but does anyone get random timeouts on gog site past few days? Clearing cache/cookies/logins doesnt seem to do anything, and it does the same on both linux and windows firefox.
Yeah. I got them for a while, after the reveal of today's bundles. Currently, it has stopped.