It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Geralt_of_Rivia: That's because nobody gets flags for a long time now...
FTFY

On second thought, that's not quite accurate - we do get flags for BASS and Lure of the Temptress.
omega64: Finally. :O
Geralt_of_Rivia: Don't delete your old installers just yet like I did, because the game doesn't run. At least it doesn't run here.
I've got the original installer for Rise of the Triad 2013 and installed it a few days ago and can't get the game to run. Has the latest patch installed which is 1.4, starts up with working audio and a black screen. After all the opening crap plays through to the point where a menu presumably appears, the game graphics finally flicker the screen and show up for about a quarter second before crashing to the desktop. What's awesome though is that upon launching the game a game launcher shows up that tries to connect online somewhere and get a changelog and whatnot and that actually works. Or well, it works well enough to tell me "version 1.5 is the latest, but only on Steam. You have the game from somewhere inferior so fuck you basically." ... before the game crashes as mentioned. Awesome experience, makes me want to buy 10 more copies and buy all of their future game releases too.

Lame.
Geralt_of_Rivia: Don't delete your old installers just yet like I did, because the game doesn't run. At least it doesn't run here.
Forgive me for asking an obvious question but did you a) uninstall the game completely and b) did you back up your saves and delete those?
JudasIscariot: Forgive me for asking an obvious question but did you a) uninstall the game completely and b) did you back up your saves and delete those?
Yes and I deleted the old saves and config.
JudasIscariot: Forgive me for asking an obvious question but did you a) uninstall the game completely and b) did you back up your saves and delete those?
Geralt_of_Rivia: Yes and I deleted the old saves and config.
Drivers (sound and graphics) updated? Hmmm, maybe try installing DirectX 9.0c again, I am not really sure what could be the problem :/

In any case please do send us a support ticket :)
Do you have multiple monitors?
The game sometimes has issues with those. Might work if you disable the second monitor.
Post edited April 17, 2015 by omega64
omega64: Do you have multiple monitors?
The game sometimes has issues with those. Might work if you disable the second monitor.
Good call. I forgot about multiple monitors :/
omega64: Do you have multiple monitors?
JudasIscariot: Good call. I forgot about multiple monitors :/
Same, you would think that wouldn't make a difference right. :l
JudasIscariot: Good call. I forgot about multiple monitors :/
omega64: Same, you would think that wouldn't make a difference right. :l
Well, I only have one monitor at home and two monitors at work but I never experienced an issue with a game not starting because of me having two monitors. Not saying that this doesn't happen or anything :)
Geralt_of_Rivia: Yes and I deleted the old saves and config.
JudasIscariot: Drivers (sound and graphics) updated? Hmmm, maybe try installing DirectX 9.0c again, I am not really sure what could be the problem :/

Drivers are up to date and DirectX should be fine, too. I already sent a ticket over an hour ago.
omega64: Same, you would think that wouldn't make a difference right. :l
JudasIscariot: Well, I only have one monitor at home and two monitors at work but I never experienced an issue with a game not starting because of me having two monitors. Not saying that this doesn't happen or anything :)
I have, but ROTT was previously running fine without having to disable the second monitor. I'll give it a try though.

Edit: Doesn't run with one monitor either.
Post edited April 17, 2015 by Geralt_of_Rivia
JudasIscariot: Drivers (sound and graphics) updated? Hmmm, maybe try installing DirectX 9.0c again, I am not really sure what could be the problem :/

Geralt_of_Rivia: Drivers are up to date and DirectX should be fine, too. I already sent a ticket over an hour ago.
JudasIscariot: Well, I only have one monitor at home and two monitors at work but I never experienced an issue with a game not starting because of me having two monitors. Not saying that this doesn't happen or anything :)
Geralt_of_Rivia: I have, but ROTT was previously running fine without having to disable the second monitor. I'll give it a try though.

Weird. O_o
Hope you get it resolved.
Just added the strategy guide, 4 avatars, and 4 wallpapers to the goodies section of Europa Universalis: Rome Gold Edition :)
Post edited April 17, 2015 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: Just added the strategy guide, 4 avatars, and 4 wallpapers to the goodies section of Europa Universalis: Rome Gold Edition :)
Albedo getting the free soundtrack liike on Steam?
Yay, I knew it would come to GOG after reading the giveaway notes. Thank you GOG, thank you Judas!

Geralt_of_Rivia: Drivers are up to date and DirectX should be fine, too. I already sent a ticket over an hour ago.
Geralt_of_Rivia: I have, but ROTT was previously running fine without having to disable the second monitor. I'll give it a try though.

What OS do you use? I can test it on my system but only have Windows XP and Windows 7.
Post edited April 17, 2015 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Yay, I knew it would come to GOG after reading the giveaway notes. Thank you GOG, thank you Judas!

I have, but ROTT was previously running fine without having to disable the second monitor. I'll give it a try though.

MarkoH01: What OS do you use? I can test it on my system but only have Windows XP and Windows 7.
Windows 7, 64bit. As I already said, the game ran fine before. Something in the Galaxy update doesn't work as it should.