It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Geralt_of_Rivia: Wir haben euch vermisst.
mrkgnao: Thanks, I'll remember that next time I miss "Radioaktiver Niederschlag".
But that would be "Wir haben dich vermisst.". :-)

In English singular and plural are both 'you' but not so in German. "euch" is plural since two Cultures installers were MIA but in the Fallout case only the first game is AWOL so you have to use singular.

German isn't as easy as English. :-)
mrkgnao: Thanks, I'll remember that next time I miss "Radioaktiver Niederschlag".
Geralt_of_Rivia: But that would be "Wir haben dich vermisst.". :-)

In English singular and plural are both 'you' but not so in German. "euch" is plural since two Cultures installers were MIA but in the Fallout case only the first game is AWOL so you have to use singular.

Thank makes sense, actually, because Niederschlag is a lot more dick than it's hoch.

Not many languages have simplified their grammar as much as English has and continues to do.

Since the days of Old English, we've discarded our system for gendered nouns (keeping only the neuter form which German is apparently in the process of discarding), a latin-like "strong enough to make ordering optional in sentence structure" system of declensions, the second-person singular/informal pronoun (thou/thee/thy/thine), the second-person object/subject distinction (ye/you), and various other things.

(Not always for the better. We never say "a apple" but we replaced "mine eyes" with "my eyes")

We're currently in the process of losing "whom" (context is enough. "who" can serve both purposes with no loss of expressiveness) and gender in loanwords like fiance/fiancee (pointless in English and, without "é", you need the doubled terminal "e" pattern originating in the French feminine form to indicate that it's not to be rhymed with finance.) among other things.

...though I do wish English had a distinction between inclusive and exclusive we/us like various languages in Indonesia, Southern India, and parts of China do. Being able to concisely indicate whether the listener is included in the group would be useful.

...and I also wish that we'd at least kept the diaresis and the letters Thorn (þ) and Eth (ð). It'd be nice to efficiently distinguish between naïve (na-eev) and naive (nai-v) or coöoperate (co-operate) and cooperate (coop-er-ate) or "þorn" (thorn, with the unvoiced "th" from "thick", as we naturally pronounce it) and "ðorn" (thorn, but with the voiced "th" from "this").
Post edited March 26, 2015 by ssokolow

ssokolow: Not many languages have simplified their grammar as much as English has and continues to do.

Since the days of Old English, we've discarded our system for gendered nouns (keeping only the neuter form which German is apparently in the process of discarding), a latin-like "strong enough to make ordering optional in sentence structure" system of declensions, the second-person singular/informal pronoun (thou/thee/thy/thine), the second-person object/subject distinction (ye/you), and various other things.

We're currently in the process of losing "whom" (context is enough. "who" can serve both purposes with no loss of expressiveness) and gender in loanwords like fiance/fiancee (pointless in English and, without "é", you need the doubled terminal "e" pattern originating in the French feminine form to indicate that it's not to be rhymed with finance.) among other things.

...though I do wish English had a distinction between inclusive and exclusive we/us like various languages in Indonesia, Southern India, and parts of China do. Being able to concisely indicate whether the listener is included in the group would be useful.

...and I also wish that we'd at least kept the diaresis and the letters Thorn (þ) and Eth (ð). It'd be nice to efficiently distinguish between naïve (na-eev) and naive (nai-v) or coöoperate (co-operate) and cooperate (coop-er-ate) or "þorn" (thorn, with the unvoiced "th" from "thick", as we naturally pronounce it) and "ðorn" (thorn, but with the voiced "th" from "this").
Very impressive verbiage and good arguments :)
ssokolow: Not many languages have simplified their grammar as much as English has and continues to do.

cecil: Very impressive verbiage and good arguments :)
It's something I gained a casual interest in relatively recently. Most of what I know came from Wikipedia and random documentary clips on YouTube but, if I can ever find the time, I've got "The Story of English" and Stephen Pinker's "The Stuff of Thought: Language As A Window Into Human Nature" sitting on my bookshelf.
cecil: Very impressive verbiage and good arguments :)
ssokolow: It's something I gained a casual interest in relatively recently. Most of what I know came from Wikipedia and random documentary clips on YouTube but, if I can ever find the time, I've got "The Story of English" and Stephen Pinker's "The Stuff of Thought: Language As A Window Into Human Nature" sitting on my bookshelf.
If anyone is interested in an explanation of the real differences between German, Swiss and Austrian going beyond the (sometimes vastly) different vocabulary, there's a nice essay from a Swiss satirist about communication and humour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRKD1jpzmmQ&list=PLW-oMN7dIpHDCrQPIJGAwBez1TAf3_5YS

He's explaining how our language forms our sense of humour and overall mindset and more or less how the mindset of a population forms a language over time.
German is very confrontative (mostly sounding harder than it is meant) while Swiss is extremely deescalating (often sounding more friendly than it is) and Austrian is morbid and often full of cynicism and sarcasm, which is exactly how Austrians usually are. xD
Post edited March 26, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Got an update flag for BaSS, no idea what has changed...
Ghorpm: Got an update flag for BaSS, no idea what has changed...
I guess a bugged flag for the Linux version, which was actually updated 1 week ago.
Ghorpm: Got an update flag for BaSS, no idea what has changed...
Grargar: I guess a bugged flag for the Linux version, which was actually updated 1 week ago.
I guess the flag for the Linux version of Amnesia will come in a week then.
Got an update flag for Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, but I can't seem to find out what specifically was updated.
vulchor: Got an update flag for Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, but I can't seem to find out what specifically was updated.
That one also had a Linux version added some time ago. The update flags are really messed up now. Hope they get the whole new account section out soon...
Post edited March 26, 2015 by Daliz
Klumpen0815: If anyone is interested in an explanation of the real differences between German, Swiss and Austrian going beyond the (sometimes vastly) different vocabulary, there's a nice essay from a Swiss satirist about communication and humour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRKD1jpzmmQ&list=PLW-oMN7dIpHDCrQPIJGAwBez1TAf3_5YS

He's explaining how our language forms our sense of humour and overall mindset and more or less how the mindset of a population forms a language over time.
German is very confrontative (mostly sounding harder than it is meant) while Swiss is extremely deescalating (often sounding more friendly than it is) and Austrian is morbid and often full of cynicism and sarcasm, which is exactly how Austrians usually are. xD
That sounds both funny and fascinating but YouTube doesn't have subtitles for it. It's a shame I only speak English and a bit of French.
high rated
Daliz: That one also had a Linux version added some time ago. The update flags are really messed up now. Hope they get the whole new account section out soon...
You must have gotten bored with the same old bugs and want some fresh ones.
From MaGog's logs for 26 March:

NOTE! CHANGED Airline Tycoon Deluxe, age_req: ESRB Rating: Teen (with Violence, Alcohol Reference, Mild Suggestive Themes, Mild Violence, Use of Tobacco). PEGI Rating: 3+ ***TO*** ESRB Rating: Teen (with Violence, Alcohol Reference, Mild Suggestive Themes, Mild Violence, Use of Tobacco). USK Rating: Approved without age restriction. PEGI Rating: 3+
[Does it really have both violence and mild violence?]

NOTE! CHANGED Dig®, The, age_req: ESRB Rating: Everyone (with Animated Violence). PEGI Rating: 7+ (with Violence) ***TO*** ESRB Rating: Everyone (with Animated Violence). USK Rating: Approved for children aged 6 and above. PEGI Rating: 7+ (with Violence)

NOTE! CHANGED Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, age_req: ESRB Rating: Mature ***TO*** ESRB Rating: Mature (with Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Partial Nudity, Sexual Themes, Strong Language, Use of Drugs). USK Rating: Not approved for young persons aged under 18. PEGI Rating: 18+ (with Bad Language, Violence)
[Same for special edition and DLC]

NOTE! CHANGED Indiana Jones® and the Emperor's Tomb™, age_req: ESRB Rating: Teen (with Violence) ***TO*** ESRB Rating: Teen (with Violence). USK Rating: Approved for children aged 12 and above

NOTE! CHANGED Monkey Island™ 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge™, age_req: ESRB Rating: Everyone 10+ (with Animated Blood, Comic Mischief, Mild Cartoon Violence, Mild Language, Use of Alcohol). PEGI Rating: 12+ (with Bad Language, Violence) ***TO*** ESRB Rating: Everyone 10+ (with Animated Blood, Comic Mischief, Mild Cartoon Violence, Mild Language, Use of Alcohol). USK Rating: Approved for children aged 12 and above. PEGI Rating: 12+ (with Bad Language, Violence)

NOTE! CHANGED Outlaws + A Handful of Missions, age_req: ESRB Rating: Teen (with Animated Violence). PEGI Rating: 12+ (with Violence) ***TO*** ESRB Rating: Teen (with Animated Violence). USK Rating: Approved for children aged 16 and above. PEGI Rating: 12+ (with Violence)

NOTE! CHANGED Starpoint Gemini 2: Secrets of Aethera [DLC], age_req: PEGI Rating: 12+ (with Bad Language) ***TO*** USK Rating: Approved for children aged 12 and above. PEGI Rating: 12+ (with Bad Language)
[I wonder why the base game does not have a PEGI rating.]

NOTE! CHANGED Starpoint Gemini 2: Secrets of Aethera [DLC], os: Windows (7, 8) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)
[Looks suspicious, given that the base game lists only 7 and 8]
Daliz: That one also had a Linux version added some time ago. The update flags are really messed up now. Hope they get the whole new account section out soon...
HypersomniacLive: You must have gotten bored with the same old bugs and want some fresh ones.
Maybe.. ;)

But for the latest Linux additions I didn't get any flags at all. Only BASS - a week late. So I don't really care if the new system brings new bugs as the current isn't good either. Now I can D/L my games though..