It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ugh, is this REALLY the only way to see what was updated? Come on GoG :(

At the very least I'd like to see an official gog post in an update thread (or this one) each time something is updated. They know whats updated since they are doing it, and a quick 1 minute post would let us know as well.
Post edited February 05, 2013 by devigog
JudasIscariot: *snip*
I believe this still isn't fixed.
Post edited February 05, 2013 by drennan
drennan: I believe this still isn't fixed.
I can't fix it BUT if you write to Support with your suggestion it will get passed on to the right parties :D.
JudasIscariot: I can't fix it BUT if you write to Support with your suggestion it will get passed on to the right parties :D.
Oh, okay, I already did when I found out about this, and Natalia said she had forwarded the message to the development team. I just thought it would have been fixed by now since it only involves editing a flag. :)
VR Soccer just got a Mac version.
JudasIscariot: I can't fix it BUT if you write to Support with your suggestion it will get passed on to the right parties :D.
Why do you use the :D on the end of every sentence?
gameon: Why do you use the :D on the end of every sentence?
So now he's going to catch hell for smiling too much?

lol

I'm glad I don't work for GOG. They serve a tough crowd!
You know who else smiles too much?! That's right!
Attachments:
him.jpg (55 Kb)
So you'd ask about it, of course :D
dirtyharry50: So now he's going to catch hell for smiling too much?

lol

I'm glad I don't work for GOG. They serve a tough crowd!
It's not like i'm forming a lynch mob about it, it's just that as he uses it so often, it sometimes doesn't fit the sentence.
So settings are being reset when uninstalling GOGs if I understand this correctly? Is this something I should worry about? I don't really want to have to wait for a fix from GOG and redownload all of my games (AGAIN) if all of this is just a minor inconvenience.
Post edited February 05, 2013 by haydenaurion
high rated
haydenaurion: *snip*
Basically, whenever you uninstall a GOG game that is affected by this problem, all compatibility settings will be removed from your system. If you back up the registry key in question before running the uninstaller and restore it afterwards as described in the thread linked above, it will simply be a minor inconvenience.

I don't think GOG will push out new installers for every single game only to fix this problem, so waiting for a fix might be a bad idea.
drennan: Basically, whenever you uninstall a GOG game that is affected by this problem, all compatibility settings will be removed from your system. If you back up the registry key in question before running the uninstaller and restore it afterwards as described in the thread linked above, it will simply be a minor inconvenience.

I don't think GOG will push out new installers for every single game only to fix this problem, so waiting for a fix might be a bad idea.
I see, so it's nothing to really worry about. I can't say i've noticed any reset settings, though I haven't really paid any attention to or really use compatibility settings, haven't really needed them so far. I don't think I need to do the registry key thing either in my case. Thank you for clearing that up.

Edit: Damn it, I accidentally clicked on the down vote ("-" button) button on your comment. I tried to up vote ("+" button) to correct it but it's not working. Sorry! Can anyone on the GOG staff fix that for me?
Post edited February 05, 2013 by haydenaurion
I gave him a +1 to try and make up for you being such a mean, heartless, bastard! :D
drennan: Basically, whenever you uninstall a GOG game that is affected by this problem, all compatibility settings will be removed from your system. If you back up the registry key in question before running the uninstaller and restore it afterwards as described in the thread linked above, it will simply be a minor inconvenience.

Sorry for the inconvenience :-/. We corrected that some time ago, and this shouldn't occur in the new releases. We are working on a fix that won't require you to redownload and reinstall all the previous installers.