It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

haydenaurion: Don't know how long ago this happened, but MDK's installer updated slightly and now reads version 2.0.0.25. I had one rare crash to desktop when testing the previous version on Win 7 64-bit, perhaps this update might solve that and other issues i'm unaware of.
tburger: I've downloaded this version on 2012-12-02. The biggest difference I've noticed was added Glide support although I'm not 100% sure if they didn't introduced this somewhere between 2.0 and 2.0.0.25.

Hell, I own 160 games and I'm so tired tracking all those changes by myself. GOG is a great service but sometimes it fails so badly on basic level...
The previous version (2.0.021 I think) had glide support as well, though I couldn't quite get the correct aspect ratio fit for my monitor.

It is a bit annoying trying to keep track, but the biggest annoyance for me is the redownloading and reinstalling causing wear on my hard drive.
tburger: I've downloaded this version on 2012-12-02. The biggest difference I've noticed was added Glide support although I'm not 100% sure if they didn't introduced this somewhere between 2.0 and 2.0.0.25.

Hell, I own 160 games and I'm so tired tracking all those changes by myself. GOG is a great service but sometimes it fails so badly on basic level...
haydenaurion: The previous version (2.0.021 I think) had glide support as well, though I couldn't quite get the correct aspect ratio fit for my monitor.

It is a bit annoying trying to keep track, but the biggest annoyance for me is the redownloading and reinstalling causing wear on my hard drive.
As long as you have a decent USB port, such as USB 3.0, you can run and install your games on an external drive. I do this with all of my games and I have yet to see a performance decrease.
haydenaurion: Don't know how long ago this happened, but MDK's installer updated slightly and now reads version 2.0.0.25. I had one rare crash to desktop when testing the previous version on Win 7 64-bit, perhaps this update might solve that and other issues i'm unaware of.

I agree. This issue really needs some love and the sooner, the better. I also have a large number of games to keep track of and I've become very tired of this.
haydenaurion: The previous version (2.0.021 I think) had glide support as well, though I couldn't quite get the correct aspect ratio fit for my monitor.

DAlancole: As long as you have a decent USB port, such as USB 3.0, you can run and install your games on an external drive. I do this with all of my games and I have yet to see a performance decrease.
That doesn't really address his issues of keeping track, downloading again or drive wear and tear for that matter. It's just a different drive getting the wear and tear if he goes with a USB one.

Also, there is a real need for a change log to remove the mystery surrounding some installer updates so we can make informed choices about whether we need or want to bother with a download which in some cases can be large. I don't need some six gigabyte game installer for example where the only change is Windows 8 support. I am sticking with Windows 7 until Windows 9. I will never use Windows 8 so I don't care about compatibility with it. As far as I am concerned, Win8 is just another Vista, Me, etc. but that's another topic for another thread. ;-)
Post edited February 02, 2013 by dirtyharry50

dirtyharry50: I agree. This issue really needs some love and the sooner, the better. I also have a large number of games to keep track of and I've become very tired of this.
DAlancole: As long as you have a decent USB port, such as USB 3.0, you can run and install your games on an external drive. I do this with all of my games and I have yet to see a performance decrease.
dirtyharry50: That doesn't really address his issues of keeping track or drive wear and tear for that matter. It's just a different drive getting the wear and tear if he goes with a USB one.
Well, there's always solid state as a last resort if you want to avoid the wear and tear on your drives, the wallet, on the other hand, may have a problem with an SSD :)

I do agree that there needs to be some sort of "Update history" for the games here...
dirtyharry50: I agree. This issue really needs some love and the sooner, the better. I also have a large number of games to keep track of and I've become very tired of this.

That doesn't really address his issues of keeping track or drive wear and tear for that matter. It's just a different drive getting the wear and tear if he goes with a USB one.
DAlancole: Well, there's always solid state as a last resort if you want to avoid the wear and tear on your drives, the wallet, on the other hand, may have a problem with an SSD :)

I do agree that there needs to be some sort of "Update history" for the games here...
SSD is subject to degradation with use over time too. So they take wear and tear in their own way even though the mechanical failure issue is removed with them. You still need to backup SSD drives to protect your data.

My issue really is time. I shouldn't have to waste my valuable time because GOG does not provide basic information about updates. I love GOG but they need to improve here. Nobody is perfect. ;-)
Post edited February 02, 2013 by dirtyharry50
GOG just hired/will hire another PR/marketing guy soon - I suggest improving this aspect of communication with customers (quite important I would say) could be his/her first task. Jeez – changelogs is what everyone does – why GOG doesn't give a s..t about it is beyond my comprehension.
This MDK update was as a result of me contacting GOG support to let them know that the glide version of the game was the censored version (blue blood, no decapitations, etc). The new version has the uncensored glide version. The software mode was always uncensored, though, as far as I know.

Oh, and this was some time ago. Couple of months maybe.
Post edited February 02, 2013 by korell
korell: This MDK update was as a result of me contacting GOG support to let them know that the glide version of the game was the censored version (blue blood, no decapitations, etc). The new version has the uncensored glide version. The software mode was always uncensored, though, as far as I know.

Oh, and this was some time ago. Couple of months maybe.
Ah, I was wondering why the blood was blue! I thought it was a graphic or color glitch, and I know it wasn't blue in the Playstation port I played years ago.

Well in that case, many thanks for helping to correct that. :D
I would have just figured their blood oxygen saturation was low. ;-)
korell: This MDK update was as a result of me contacting GOG support to let them know that the glide version of the game was the censored version (blue blood, no decapitations, etc).
Odd. I played the German censored version, IIRC it had green blood (although it's possible that the "blood" was actually recolored to resemble small explosions) and decapitations were possible, the main difference was that there was no headshot counter on the statistics screen. I'm wondering where this blue blood version without headshots was released.

Edit: Oh, just checked and indeed - it was not possible to shoot off heads in my original version and while the actual blood was still green all those tiny fragments were blue (although I got rid of the censorship by applying the official D3D patch, so I mostly played the uncensored version anyway :P). I'm still confused as I thought this censorship was only for the German release. So the whole European release was affected by this censorship? Or did GOG actually use files of the German version? o_O
Post edited February 03, 2013 by F4LL0UT
JudasIscariot: Writing to Support about the aforementioned issue will be more effective than "harassing Judas" to quote Alfie3000 :D.
Good to know.
VR Soccer just got updated with a 2.0.0 installer

Not that anyone cares but still....
Post edited February 05, 2013 by Roman5
Roman5: VR Soccer just got updated with a 2.0.0 installer

I think it now has MAC support....

Actually, the Mac version had the background music problem fixed :D.

Rodzaju: I think it now has MAC support....
It had Mac support for a while, actually :D
Post edited February 05, 2013 by JudasIscariot

JudasIscariot: Actually, the Mac version had the background music problem fixed :D.
Rodzaju: I think it now has MAC support....
JudasIscariot: It had Mac support for a while, actually :D
I thought it wasn't there due to licensing issues. I would love to have that back if it is the same as the old PS1 release.

It's still a decent football ("soccer") game. I know it's old, but i thought people around here didn't laugh about older games...........!