It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: No, they didn't. They have updated more than 20 installers these past few days (see my post from yesterday in this thread) without notification. Also, I didn't get any notification on the Dragonsphere update (which was from 2.0.0.13 to 2.0.0.14).
JudasIscariot: Did you happen to have any other update flags? I know Dragonsphere should have shown one since I was the one that sent it out. Not sure where the issue lies as to why you didn't see the flag.
Correction: I did eventually get a flag for Dragonsphere, it just arrived a couple of hours after I had posted the message above.
The following now have version 2.x installers:

Police Quest 1, 2, 3 & 4 (now includes the original AGI/EGA version of Police Quest 1!) (thanks to other posters in other threads for the find)

Quest for Glory Pack
Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers
Zork Anthology
Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura
Nice find. :)

Tthere are more Activision titles that got updated.

Gabriel Knight 2
Phantasmagoria
Phantasmagoria 2
Zork Nemesis

Also, XIII (!).
Also have v2 installers now:
King's Quest 1+2+3
King's Quest 4+5+6 ( but not 7+8)
Space Quest 1+2+3
Space Quest 4+5+6
Betrayal at Krondor Pack (but not Return to Krondor)
Caesar 3
Pharao (but not Zeus)

I'm not sure if they are all updated recently, but that are the games I had old v1 installers backed up (last checked for new installers in december) Very good news that both versions of PQ1 are now included, need to check if they did the same with Space and King's Quest.

Edit: Ah, it seems you can filter by publisher also on your "my games"-page. I found some more games and changed my post for a better overwiew

Edit2: Checked SQ1 and KQ1, nothing added here.
Post edited January 27, 2013 by DukeNukemForever
I really wish they would flag these as "New" when they update them. I have nearly 150 GOGs at this point and it is a pain in the rear trying to keep up with changes.

I also wish they would document what changes they are making with these updates. GK2 is over 2 gigs to redownload to my backups here and I am wondering, what for? What is new or different that I should bother? Who knows I guess since GOG doesn't seem to be telling or is this info hidden away somewhere I am not aware of? XIII is over 1.5 gigs as well. GRRR...

What is worse is that since I do not know what changed, I have to wonder if the new one breaks anything on my system versus the old one and so I feel compelled to keep both copies, taking up a LOT of storage space. I've already been burned once on a 2.x installer that was broken and it was a good thing I had my old one saved.

By the way, thanks guys for taking the time to find and share this info. It is good of you to do so.

While I am wishing for things, I wish GOG would provide an optional client that automates all of this updating and also includes change logs identifying what is new in an update. That would be very nice.
Post edited January 27, 2013 by dirtyharry50
If it's a new v2 installer you don't get a notification because it's just a repackage. (new installer, circle desktop icon etc)

If you get a notification then something related to the game has changed.

Well, that's how it should happen.
Alfie3000: If it's a new v2 installer you don't get a notification because it's just a repackage. (new installer, circle desktop icon etc)

They are not making new installers just to give you a circle icon. There has to be a reason they are bothering. And it has already been noted some of them do have substantial changes added.

If they bother to change something, they ought to document the change and flag it on the shelf for easy identification. I do not think that is too difficult to do and I do think it would be better customer service.
Post edited January 27, 2013 by dirtyharry50
dirtyharry50: They are not making new installers just to give you a circle icon. There has to be a reason they are bothering. And it has already been noted some of them do have substantial changes added.

If they bother to change something, they ought to document the change and flag it on the shelf for easy identification. I do not think that is too difficult to do but I do think it would be better customer service.
It's not just the icon. It's a new version of the installer program. It installs to a different location by default outside of program files, doesn't have the integrity check on smaller files, has newer games in the installer ads, digital signatures etc

I agree that there should be some kind of changelog for when they change things, although the game specific forum usually has a post by staff if they do.
dirtyharry50: They are not making new installers just to give you a circle icon. There has to be a reason they are bothering. And it has already been noted some of them do have substantial changes added.

If they bother to change something, they ought to document the change and flag it on the shelf for easy identification. I do not think that is too difficult to do but I do think it would be better customer service.
Alfie3000: It's not just the icon. It's a new version of the installer program. It installs to a different location by default outside of program files, doesn't have the integrity check on smaller files, has newer games in the installer ads, digital signatures etc

I agree that there should be some kind of changelog for when they change things, although the game specific forum usually has a post by staff if they do.
It also sometimes includes changes to the games or more content. There are not consistently posts in the game related forums. They can and should be doing better than this is what I am saying. I would appreciate it very much if they communicated in every case, without exception, what is changed and also that an installer for a game has been updated so a thread like this with people having to waste their time hunting is not necessary anymore.
Another Activision v2.0.0 updates:

Torin's Passage

If they bother to change something, they ought to document the change and flag it on the shelf for easy identification. I do not think that is too difficult to do and I do think it would be better customer service.
I seem to remember that the new installers are supposed to make the games compatible with Windows 8. If the games use DosBox or ScummVM, they use more up-to-date versions of that software.
Edit1: I will check my backups now and will add them if I found some other new installers. My last check was December, so everything I post should be updated less then in a month.

Edit2: I see mrkgnao posted the updates on the last page I found so far.
Post edited January 27, 2013 by DukeNukemForever
Alfie3000: If it's a new v2 installer you don't get a notification because it's just a repackage. (new installer, circle desktop icon etc)

yes it's how it happends apparently , but i don't agree to the method for no notification when a game got a v2 installer, especially if u have lots of games.

without counting the mess-up with their internal number & the real number of a game version...
Post edited January 27, 2013 by DyNaer

We cannot be sure that this is what's happening. At least one time there has been a critical update for which we didn't get any notification post393
This isn't an update, but it's worth to mention that lately, over 50 games were marked as Windows 7 compatible, and apparently, this is not a mistake this time.

Only 20 games miss Windows 7 compatibility at this moment.
Post edited January 28, 2013 by SLP2000