It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pidgeot: That wouldn't help. Installers use compression, so even a tiny change can (and often will) change the entire file. Actually, the downloader already does that to an extent; it downloads chunks of XMB (50, I think?), and if some of the chunks are already present and matching the current file, they won't be redownloaded.
... well, they would of course have to change the download method, from a monolithic file to a file tree (say, a folder). then the compression could be used in the connection and not on the file (... rsync for example does this). that way, we could have both benefits of compression AND diffs.

... I think that is what steam does.... and personally, I like the way their client handles downloads.
Post edited November 18, 2014 by niky45
Ok... so how many times does the Witcher want to tell me there was an update... I clicked it the first time, update notice disappeared... and now it it back again... hope it will not pop up a third time.
moonshineshadow: Ok... so how many times does the Witcher want to tell me there was an update... I clicked it the first time, update notice disappeared... and now it it back again... hope it will not pop up a third time.
Mine popped four times...hopefully, it's gone now. >.<
Pidgeot: That wouldn't help. Installers use compression, so even a tiny change can (and often will) change the entire file. Actually, the downloader already does that to an extent; it downloads chunks of XMB (50, I think?), and if some of the chunks are already present and matching the current file, they won't be redownloaded.
niky45: ... well, they would of course have to change the download method, from a monolithic file to a file tree (say, a folder). then the compression could be used in the connection and not on the file (... rsync for example does this). that way, we could have both benefits of compression AND diffs.

... I think that is what steam does.... and personally, I like the way their client handles downloads.
Yes, and that's what Galaxy will be doing, too, and it is definitely something I'm looking forward to, myself.

Outside of Galaxy, however, there's not much else that can be done.
moonshineshadow: Ok... so how many times does the Witcher want to tell me there was an update... I clicked it the first time, update notice disappeared... and now it it back again... hope it will not pop up a third time.
JaqFrost: Mine popped four times...hopefully, it's gone now. >.<
Yeah mine is back again... I really wish this update notice stuff would be fixed. I have the feeling it is getting worse. In the last days I had update notices for games that got no update, update notices for games which had an update but it was not shown what exaclty updated and now the update message popping up again and again.
high rated
I smell a dragonsphere.
Yeah, flag re-popped, so definitely another Dragonsphere.
JudasIscariot: Mac version updated :) Just an updated Mac version that no longer uses Wine :)
konan: A linux version it’s planed ?
No idea, sorry.
niky45: ... well, they would of course have to change the download method, from a monolithic file to a file tree (say, a folder). then the compression could be used in the connection and not on the file (... rsync for example does this). that way, we could have both benefits of compression AND diffs.

Pidgeot: Yes, and that's what Galaxy will be doing, too, and it is definitely something I'm looking forward to, myself.

Outside of Galaxy, however, there's not much else that can be done.
then I really hope they release Galaxy soon... and if possible, with a native linux client. I would really love to see that. else... well, since my main download rig is running linux, I won't be able to benefit for such great things.
Did The Witcher just update?

or is GOG glitching out?
high rated
Pidgeot: Yeah, flag re-popped, so definitely another Dragonsphere.
Mine never went away, seems to like it in my account. ;-P

And yes, I clicked on every single installer, both OS and all languages.
fr33kSh0w2012: Did The Witcher just update?

or is GOG glitching out?
Mac update.
Another repopping Witcher 1 flag here.
JudasIscariot: Mac version updated :) Just an updated Mac version that no longer uses Wine :)
Bela Lugosi voice: "I never use...wine."
Okay Why am I getting a Mac update when I use windows 7 W.T.F. GOG can you fix this Please? so that I only get updates relevant to my platform?