It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: I have more or less given up on the notifications a while ago. I tend to just ignore them (unless they refer to a game I am currently playing or plan to play soon).

Instead, every 6 months (January and July), I download my entire collection and compare it to my backups to see what has changed (takes a couple of weeks of intensive work).
itchanddino: You can use lgogdownloader's --status option to automatically check which files are up to date, what you're missing and which are corrupted. It makes it a fairly painless process.
Can I do it if I (a) rename my directories, (b) keep them in a non-flat directory hierarchy, and (c) do not use linux?
Post edited November 18, 2014 by mrkgnao
itchanddino: You can use lgogdownloader's --status option to automatically check which files are up to date, what you're missing and which are corrupted. It makes it a fairly painless process.
mrkgnao: Can I do it if I (a) rename my directories, (b) keep them in a non-flat directory hierarchy, and (c) do not use linux?
I'm not too sure about that. I'd have to read through the documentation more thoroughly, sorry! It has made my simple backups a lot easier though, and I hope that you find something that works nicely for your needs!
HypersomniacLive: If you could dig up a link for the part I highlighted, I'd appreciate it very much.
If that is what was said/ conveyed, it contradicts the whole "optional" and "your experience won't change" mantras they've been repeating at every chance.
Yes, that's basically my point too ; GOG plays a "dangerous" game here with some of its customers.

If they believe Galaxy will the "saint graal" for them , i personnaly don't have this "faith"

Like mrkgnao ; i'm not interrested by the client, i respect customers wanting to use it. But i expect in return GOG honors its promise : with the word "optional", but seriously i have many doubts ...

-> IF the downloader will be discontinued ,repeated many times by some "blues" , that means customers not interested by the client will have less service than those who accept the client : In the end that goes against the optional thingy >_<.

Heck; sure the downloader isn't perfect, but it does its job.

I constantly see the shelves / notification system deteriorate over the time , i stopped to count the number of tickets about different problems ....
Post edited November 18, 2014 by DyNaer
mrkgnao: Yep. I answered him with the same argument, but got no reply. I'll try to find it, but it was in some long-forgotten unrelated thread, so don't hold your breath.
Can't believe I was not in that thread. If you find the thread, it's easy to list only the GOG staff replies.
mrkgnao: Yep. I answered him with the same argument, but got no reply. I'll try to find it, but it was in some long-forgotten unrelated thread, so don't hold your breath.
HypersomniacLive: Can't believe I was not in that thread. If you find the thread, it's easy to list only the GOG staff replies.
I googled all the threads that list me and galaxy, staffed them, but couldn't find it.
mrkgnao: I googled all the threads that list me and galaxy, staffed them, but couldn't find it.
Perhaps a search for Galaxy only would bring up better results. I'll have a look into it tomorrow (eh, later today that is). Cheers.
HypersomniacLive: Can't believe I was not in that thread. If you find the thread, it's easy to list only the GOG staff replies.
I will be surprised if you weren't. I remember reading that & mrkgnao's response. I'm leaning toward a news post, but I don't actually remember where it was either.
Post edited November 18, 2014 by Gydion
Gydion: I will be surprised if you weren't. I remember reading that & mrkgnao response. I'm leaning toward a news post, but I don't actually remember where it was either.
Question is - if I were, why doesn't any of what mrkgnao posted here ring a bell?
I'm really intrigued now, will have to find that thread and posts.
high rated
Gydion: I will be surprised if you weren't. I remember reading that & mrkgnao response. I'm leaning toward a news post, but I don't actually remember where it was either.
HypersomniacLive: Question is - if I were, why doesn't any of what mrkgnao posted here ring a bell?
I'm really intrigued now, will have to find that thread and posts.
I believe this is what you are looking for http://www.gog.com/forum/wasteland_series/wasteland_2_patch_258154_released_by_inxile/post58
high rated
You're absolutely right, thanks. More impressive is that I posted just after mrkgnao, yet managed to completely miss that dialogue

Interesting. I think this warrants a support ticket.

Thanks again.
HypersomniacLive: You're absolutely right, thanks. More impressive is that I posted just after mrkgnao, yet managed to completely miss that dialogue

Thanks again.
Your welcome.
HypersomniacLive: You're absolutely right, thanks. More impressive is that I posted just after mrkgnao, yet managed to completely miss that dialogue

Thanks again.
GaminggUy45: Your welcome.
+1, GaminggUy45.
GaminggUy45: Your welcome.
mrkgnao: +1, GaminggUy45.
Thanks also thank you for MaGog very handy.
Witcher 1 just got flagged for me; no idea what changed.
The Witcher 1 just got some update. Not sure what changed. Mac version was added perhaps? Or some new language?