It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Grargar: I got an update tag for Realms of the Haunting. Any idea on what has been updated?
JudasIscariot: French Mac and Linux versions have been added :)

Same goes for Normality :)
you should really add an option or whatever so you can see in the library menu WHAT EXACTLY has been changed.... no taste to check the forums always. sorry for bitching but it annoys me.
JudasIscariot: French Mac and Linux versions have been added :)

Same goes for Normality :)
Caine123: you should really add an option or whatever so you can see in the library menu WHAT EXACTLY has been changed.... no taste to check the forums always. sorry for bitching but it annoys me.
Just a few lines of update history below the Forum Support and whatever else is on the bottom line would be GREAT!

I got 8 updated games, but I think they are all language or Linux. I hope, anyway. If there was something else, I missed it.
The library used to show what was new, though with languages and operating systems it was always a bit of a pain. Now... it just doesn't. I'm not sure why, it started about a month ago.
I am a bit annoyed, too. On Steam they have updated Cognition with German subtitles on the 11th of Nov.

[url=http://steamcommunity.com/gid/[g:1:5136276]/announcements/detail/175966059488114617]http://steamcommunity.com/gid/[g:1:5136276]/announcements/detail/175966059488114617[/url]

This was last week's tuesday. Until now I am still waiting for the update here on GOG. It has been confirmed that GOG has the newest built but it still is not uploaded, yet :(
Post edited November 17, 2014 by MarkoH01
Blackdrazon: The library used to show what was new, though with languages and operating systems it was always a bit of a pain. Now... it just doesn't. I'm not sure why, it started about a month ago.
Right.

Another irritant is that my laptop locked up and had to be cold-booted, so it cleared the updated flags. I no longer know which 8 games were listed, and it's a major pain to go through all 470 games in the library, but one of these days, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and do it, since its happened a couple other times in the last few months, too.

Hey, Judas

An option to sort the library not just by alpha and purchase date but also by last update would be awesome! Wouldn't have to rely on that Updated filter.
From MaGog's logs for 17 November:

NOTE! CHANGED Feeble Files, The, languages: Audio and text: English. Audio only: French ***TO*** Audio and text: English, French
Post edited November 18, 2014 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: From MaGog's logs for 17 November:

NOTE! CHANGED Feeble Files, The, languages: Audio and text: English. Audio only: French ***TO*** Audio and text: English, French
I hope we don't get more notification flags with no explanation for such changes.
mrkgnao: From MaGog's logs for 17 November:

HypersomniacLive: I hope we don't get more notification flags with no explanation for such changes.
And just think, the bigger your library, the more frequent the notifications come. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
high rated
foxworks: And just think, the bigger your library, the more frequent the notifications come. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I still have a long way to go, but started dreading those notifications already. ¯\(°_o)/¯
foxworks: And just think, the bigger your library, the more frequent the notifications come. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
HypersomniacLive: I still have a long way to go, but started dreading those notifications already. ¯\(°_o)/¯
I have more or less given up on the notifications a while ago. I tend to just ignore them (unless they refer to a game I am currently playing or plan to play soon).

Instead, every 6 months (January and July), I download my entire collection and compare it to my backups to see what has changed (takes a couple of weeks of intensive work).
Post edited November 18, 2014 by mrkgnao
high rated
mrkgnao: I have more or less given up on the notifications a while ago. I tend to just ignore them (unless they refer to a game I am currently playing or plan to play soon).

Instead, every 6 months (January and July), I download my entire collection and compare it to my backups to see what has changed (takes a couple of weeks of intensive work).
Had to do that a couple of times due to not keeping up with the updates, and it was no fun, especially since I mirror my backups to a second external HDD.

What frustrates me now is that we get no tag for what exactly got updated to quickly make a decision (download if I want it, discard if I don't) and instead have to go around the fora to find out what's going on

I have to wonder why the update notification system didn't revert back to how it used to work in full.
mrkgnao: I have more or less given up on the notifications a while ago. I tend to just ignore them (unless they refer to a game I am currently playing or plan to play soon).

HypersomniacLive: Had to do that a couple of times due to not keeping up with the updates, and it was no fun, especially since I mirror my backups to a second external HDD.

What frustrates me now is that we get no tag for what exactly got updated to quickly make a decision (download if I want it, discard if I don't) and instead have to go around the fora to find out what's going on

I have to wonder why the update notification system didn't revert back to how it used to work in full.
There's a well-known phenomenon in computer programming called 'bit rot'. If you don't maintain some piece of software, its performance will deteriorate as a result of its reaction to its environment, even if it itself never changes. It's unthinkable that GOG would do such a major change as the greyvolution (and its offshoots) without it affecting unchanged portions of the code (such as the update system). I remember reading some blue guy saying they are not investing much effort into maintaining the update system because they expect Galaxy "to solve it all". Hence the constant deterioration in the update system's effectivity and in Judas's sanity.
high rated
mrkgnao: There's a well-known phenomenon in computer programming called 'bit rot'. If you don't maintain some piece of software, its performance will deteriorate as a result of its reaction to its environment, even if it itself never changes. It's unthinkable that GOG would do such a major change as the greyvolution (and its offshoots) without it affecting unchanged portions of the code (such as the update system). I remember reading some blue guy saying they are not investing much effort into maintaining the update system because they expect Galaxy "to solve it all". Hence the constant deterioration in the update system's effectivity and in Judas's sanity.
If you could dig up a link for the part I highlighted, I'd appreciate it very much.
If that is what was said/ conveyed, it contradicts the whole "optional" and "your experience won't change" mantras they've been repeating at every chance.
high rated
mrkgnao: There's a well-known phenomenon in computer programming called 'bit rot'. If you don't maintain some piece of software, its performance will deteriorate as a result of its reaction to its environment, even if it itself never changes. It's unthinkable that GOG would do such a major change as the greyvolution (and its offshoots) without it affecting unchanged portions of the code (such as the update system). I remember reading some blue guy saying they are not investing much effort into maintaining the update system because they expect Galaxy "to solve it all". Hence the constant deterioration in the update system's effectivity and in Judas's sanity.
HypersomniacLive: If you could dig up a link for the part I highlighted, I'd appreciate it very much.
If that is what was said/ conveyed, it contradicts the whole "optional" and "your experience won't change" mantras they've been repeating at every chance.
Yep. I answered him with the same argument, but got no reply. I'll try to find it, but it was in some long-forgotten unrelated thread, so don't hold your breath.
HypersomniacLive: I still have a long way to go, but started dreading those notifications already. ¯\(°_o)/¯

You can use lgogdownloader's --status option to automatically check which files are up to date, what you're missing and which are corrupted. It makes it a fairly painless process.
Post edited November 18, 2014 by itchanddino