It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: [...] So since Judas is still absent [...] I doubt GOG still watches this thread at all.
HypersomniacLive: He created a "Games in Development FAQ" thread in the Bright Memory game forum something like 7hrs ago... so agreed, nobody at GOG still keeps an eye on this thread.
Well these are great news. Could not care less about the thread but I am glad to finally see some proof that Judas is still with GOG :)
MarkoH01: Well these are great news. Could not care less about the thread but I am glad to finally see some proof that Judas is still with GOG :)
Various users/customers provides very precious and in time information on the forum.
But GOG staff just do not read them.

I routinely reported wrong countdown clocks for over 1.7 years,
and GOG still set their countdown clocks wrong routinely, and refused to fix those bugs I reported.

Sometimes I opened tickets, but GOG still fixed those countdown clocks very very slowly.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/weekly_sale_byour_games_backlog_is_about_to_get_an_update_up_to_80_offb_a32bd/post5
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/special_offer_frostpunk_is_50_off_af429/post2
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_wrong_countdown_timezone_promo_of_gog/post145
MarkoH01:
Related to the difference between the Galaxy and off-line versions, but is there a way to easily check which version of a game Galaxy has without using Galaxy itself? I only use the off-line installers and while I don't put much stock in the idea that GOG is intentionally not updating them, the thought of having to keep track of another version that the installer is behind on is a bit exhausting to me.
Hopefully they manage to further streamline the process of updating the installers somehow, because otherwise I could see the difference getting worse the more attention development of Galaxy 2.0 eats up - I'm assuming they want it to be ready by the time Cyberpunk 2077 launches.
high rated
Fortuk: Related to the difference between the Galaxy and off-line versions, but is there a way to easily check which version of a game Galaxy has without using Galaxy itself? I only use the off-line installers and while I don't put much stock in the idea that GOG is intentionally not updating them, the thought of having to keep track of another version that the installer is behind on is a bit exhausting to me.
Hopefully they manage to further streamline the process of updating the installers somehow, because otherwise I could see the difference getting worse the more attention development of Galaxy 2.0 eats up - I'm assuming they want it to be ready by the time Cyberpunk 2077 launches.
You can use https://www.gogdb.org/ to check whats on galaxy you can even pull the list of the games files off galaxy if you think gog has bungled something in making the offline installer allowing you to compare checksums
Post edited June 26, 2019 by Cusith
high rated
Tempest

Update 1.3.1

No Changelog

(Probably they are preparing the launch of Pirate City DLC on gog.)
Cusith: You can use https://www.gogdb.org/ to check whats on galaxy you can even pull the list of the games files off galaxy if you think gog has bungled something in making the offline installer allowing you to compare checksums
Thank you, that's good to know.
high rated
MarkoH01:
Fortuk: Related to the difference between the Galaxy and off-line versions, but is there a way to easily check which version of a game Galaxy has without using Galaxy itself? I only use the off-line installers and while I don't put much stock in the idea that GOG is intentionally not updating them, the thought of having to keep track of another version that the installer is behind on is a bit exhausting to me.
See also here: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/magog_a_search_engine_for_gog_games/post1879
Thanks for this as well.
high rated
Transistor

Update 1.50473.2019-06-10-12:02:13

No changelog
high rated
mrkgnao: Anyhow, since you seem to think that reminding them is part of your job, here is a VERY PARTIAL list of some "forgotten gems", where the offline and galaxy version numbers appear to be different (I have ignored tens of games where the difference between the version numbers listed is "small" (e.g. 1.2 vs. 1.2a), tens of games where the version numbers use a different system on galaxy and offline (e.g. gog-13 vs. 1.2.1), tens of games where the version numbers are simply missing on either galaxy or offline, etc. etc.):
As announced I forwarded the list to support and absolutely unexpected I got a pretty detailed reply from the great Cypers (the same guy who checked the first "batch") already. Here's thhe reply:

"Hello,

Please bear with me as this might be a bit complicated.
Realms of the Haunting and Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure, there is no difference in content between installer version and Galaxy. The name is just different but otherwise, this is the same build.

Caribbean!, Shelter 2, Trine Enchanted Edition, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt have the older build and patch. These will be fixed the next time they get a patch. Unfortunately, I do not know when exactly.

Factorio is a beta branch. Offline installers for betas can be downloaded from the official website: https://www.factorio.com/ after registering the game.
System Shock 2 is also a beta branch. We usually make offline installers only for stable versions(unless it has VR in it, please see below).

Fallen Enchantress, Kingdoms and Castles, Scanner Sombre, we forwarded this to our colleague and proper builds should be released soon.

Tooth and Tail is already updated to newest version.

Scanner Sombre seems to have everything(VR Compatibility Update [BETA BUILD]).

Downfall, Herald: An Interactive Period Drama, Last Leviathan, SAMURAI SHODOWN V SPECIAL, Seven: The Days Long Gone [Demo], SimplePlanes, Transistor, these seem to be updated only on Galaxy. We reported these games to the appropriate team at our company. Our Product team will need to create installers for these games, test them and then release them."

It would have taken me much longer to test even the few I own ... but as you said, technically that's not my job anyhow - but I don't mind doing the job of forwarding such information to GOG support since my personal experience with the support is nearly almost postivive (with the exception of some technical game issues which GOG either is not allowed to fix themselves or are forwarded to the product team).

Edit: And I could have sworn that my latest offline installation of Witcher 3 showed 1.32... guess I was wromg after all. Sorry for the misinformation.
Post edited June 26, 2019 by MarkoH01
high rated
MarkoH01: ...
Looks good. I'll wait for this batch to settle and then prepare you another batch. Say next week. OK?
MarkoH01:
Afaik yes, there is but it is not perfect afaik. If you are using the great Adalia Fundamentals script it tries to show the actual game version by accessing the GOG Galaxy API so it shows the version Galaxy has. See screenshot below in which you can clearly see the (marked) Galaxy version (1.32) being newer than the offline installer (1.31). It might be that there is another way to find this out as well but I don't know it.

Edit: And of course mrkgnao already posted a better way while I was busy posting this one :)

MarkoH01: ...
mrkgnao: Looks good. I'll wait for this batch to settle and then prepare you another batch. Say next week. OK?
I was afraid you would say something like that :D
Attachments:
w3.jpg (316 Kb)
high rated
M3troid: Transistor

Update 1.50473.2019-06-10-12:02:13

No changelog
From Steam:

Patch Notes for v1.50473

This small patch solves a specific audio-related issue:
- Fixed rare startup crash affecting specific audio drivers
high rated
Haven't seen this one reported here yet.

Heroes of Hammerwatch Patch 98

Changelog:

Patch 98 (24 June 2019)

Fixed load screen freezing for some users running in fullscreen.
Added missing blueprint for Defender's Halberd.
Cape of Withdrawal can no longer be attuned. (Attuning it had no effect).
Pendant of Penance was accidentally tagged as a PoP-only item. Now available in the base game.
Fixed names and materials for Gladiator.
Fix for the Witch Hunter DLC store page button in the main menu.
high rated
GOG already reacted and updated some offline installers.

Kingdoms and Castles has been updated to ver. 115r11 - no changelog.

Tooth and Tail has been updated.

Changelog for Patch 1.5: Season 3 (26 June 2019)
Ladder Reset

Some players started to feel lonely on the top of the ranked ladder, some wanted to experience the thrill of fighting their way up, again - so we put everyone back to the bottom. Happy climbing!

If the ladder reset hits you just before you managed to complete the ranked achievements: No worries! We just happened to add alternative ways to get them…
Alternative Ways to Obtain Multiplayer Achievements

Some achievements required players to win (lots of) ranked games, which could make them very hard to get. Now there are alternative ways to unlock these achievements, all possible in unranked and offline matches against 1-2 CPU opponents.

Agitator: Win a 1v1 against a medium CPU.
Rabble Rouser: Win a 1v1 against a hard CPU.
Militant: Win a 1v1 against a brutal CPU.
Firebrand: Win a 2v1 against two medium CPUs.
Hero of the Hungry: Win a 2v1 against two hard CPUs.
The Great Provider: Win a 2v1 against two brutal CPUs.
Fury of the Feast: Win a 2v1 against two ruthless CPUs.
Deadbones: Win a 1v1 against a ruthless CPU in less than 5 minutes. (You can only get these achievements on generated maps, not on editor/workshop maps!)

Multiplayer Balance Changes

As a result of mods made and tested by the community, a couple of multiplayer balance changes is coming with this patch. Probably the most important changes in a nutshell are: Toads, Moles and Landmines get nerfed; Chameleons, Boar and Drumfire Cannon get buffed; Snake poison wears off outside territory, but slows down enemies while it lasts.

Now, here are all the juicy details:

Daze - Only slows down movement (slowed down the whole simulation, including attack speed, before). This change makes mines less crippling in fights.
Focus Fire - Can be used for a structure (group), e.g. for letting only your Balloons focus the incoming Badger (not the pigeons) or making your Drumfire Cannon shoot directly at the opponents' Mill (not the Pigs).
Mole - 2 DPS, 3x crit (from 3 DPS, 2x crit), same power against structures, less against units.
Toad - 7 HP, 3 damage, 6x crit (from 8 HP, 4 damage, 4x crit); structure crit only affects one tile, in the center of the explosion (applied crit to all structures in the aoe, before); aggro 3 tiles from own position (has been 2 tiles from rally point). They lose some of their power, but now they go after Lizards even if they are unattended.
Chameleon - 36 HP (from 30 HP); 0.25s stealth entry time (from 0.5s)
Skunk - 28 HP (from 32 HP); cannot target Commander (could target Commander, before)
Snake - poison is cured 5s after last attack regardless of territory (used to be cured only inside own territory and lasted forever outside territory); poison slows down movement (Daze)
Boar - 6x damage against structures (from 2x damage against structures)
Badger - 60 HP (from 65 HP)
Fox - 24 HP (from 25 HP)
Barbed Wire - slows down movement speed by 80% (from 75%)
Landmine - 4 HP (from 8 HP); 3s Daze duration (from 2s Daze duration), but only slows down movement, not attack speed
Balloon - does not target Commander if enemy units are nearby (within a radius of 8 tiles)
Artillery - 28 DPS (from 20 DPS)