It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If you mean earlier than 20131027, then no.

I only recently started logging to get an idea of just how many file changes are made.
ConnieThunder: If you mean earlier than 20131027, then no.

I only recently started logging to get an idea of just how many file changes are made.
Thanks for the reply .
Retro City Rampage was just updated to version 2.9.0.25
Wurzelkraft: Retro City Rampage was just updated to version 2.9.0.25
And the English installer is incorrectly listed @ 53 MB, it should be 35 MB :D
Wurzelkraft: Retro City Rampage was just updated to version 2.9.0.25
gbaz69: And the English installer is incorrectly listed @ 53 MB, it should be 35 MB :D
Fixed :)
Broken Sword 5 Episode 1 patch available for download!
A small number of V2 installers are still messed up, are they going to get fixed at all?
JKHSawyer: A small number of V2 installers are still messed up, are they going to get fixed at all?
Kind of a vague question no? :) If something is truly broken I imagine it will get fixed eventually in which case the only possible answer is "yes". But that's random chance if it is an unknown issue. If there's a problem with a specific game it would make sense to report it to GOG support in case they're not already aware of it, as that is likely to accelerate it getting fixed and moving to "yes" status. ;)
It's an old problem . Etherlords v2 installer have problems and still not fixed .
JKHSawyer: A small number of V2 installers are still messed up, are they going to get fixed at all?
skeletonbow: Kind of a vague question no? :) If something is truly broken I imagine it will get fixed eventually in which case the only possible answer is "yes". But that's random chance if it is an unknown issue. If there's a problem with a specific game it would make sense to report it to GOG support in case they're not already aware of it, as that is likely to accelerate it getting fixed and moving to "yes" status. ;)
I have asked GOG support. About 3 times now. Over the past months. Just wondering why it's taking so long.
Which ones? Could you provide any examples?
Rogue Legacy should be getting a big update soon!
Phaidox: Which ones? Could you provide any examples?
Alone in the Dark 2
Alone in the Dark 3
Broken Sword Original
Evolva

Maybe more. Like Skysect said, Etherlords. I think Ultima 9 too. I haven't checked.

When you uninstall these games, they wipe all compatibility settings across the system.
Post edited December 18, 2013 by JKHSawyer
skeletonbow: Kind of a vague question no? :) If something is truly broken I imagine it will get fixed eventually in which case the only possible answer is "yes". But that's random chance if it is an unknown issue. If there's a problem with a specific game it would make sense to report it to GOG support in case they're not already aware of it, as that is likely to accelerate it getting fixed and moving to "yes" status. ;)
JKHSawyer: I have asked GOG support. About 3 times now. Over the past months. Just wondering why it's taking so long.
Ok, that's a start. :) I can't say for sure as I'm not a GOG employee of course, but having worked in the software industry I can hypothesize something that is probably close to being accurate. ;o)

Most software companies will end up getting a larger volume of customer support inquiries/questions/problem reports/etc. When I was actively involved in the field I would get literally hundreds of incoming reports each week that were assigned to software projects under my area of responsibility. It would literally be a full time job for 5 or more people just to read, evaluate and respond to such incoming bug reports, emails, and other contacts - it was sometimes quite overwhelming. :) The volume of incoming is most likely always going to exceed the manpower at any company, and hiring more people helps to handle the load but isn't always the right solution as you can easily hire 100 times as many people and not be able to afford to have them on the payroll. So something else is needed to manage the load.

Every company will have their own ways of dealing with this, but ultimately it comes down to assessing issues and categorizing them based on severity, urgency and frequency of occurrence, then prioritizing the work that needs to be done and delegating it out the the existing team you have. Issues that affect a higher number of customers will naturally end up being seen as a higher priority, as will issues that have enough information to attempt to reproduce and potentially find a solution. Issues that are more obscure, difficult to reproduce, require extremely specific hardware and/or OS/software installation/configuration options will be harder to reproduce and harder to fix. Also, a large amount of the time when I received bug reports it turned out to not be a bug at all but rather the person did something wrong themselves, or their system was broken somehow so it wasn't actually a bug in the software - but that still eats into your time having to process such reports and respond to them etc.

In the end though, if only a single person reported an issue, while it would get investigated eventually, time and manpower would get allocated first to issues that 50 people were reporting, or issues where data loss or some other more severe consequence was at play, security issues etc.

The natural consequence of having to prioritize workflow like this and having finite human resources, was that some issues would wait a longer period of time before they would get investigated and potentially fixed, and sadly - some issues would sit for very long periods of time before they got any attention. The offshoot of this is that pretty much every software company even as big as Google has to have a system like this in place to manage the huge amount of requests that come in, and some issues take a while to get resolved. My advice to people who would sometimes get upset about their issue not being addressed quickly was to try to provide as much details about the problem and how to reproduce it as possible, and if they know of or could find others who were experiencing the issue also to get those people to file support requests/bug reports for the problem also, or add comments to the existing public bug reports as that helped to gauge how many people might be affected.

So that'd be my advice to anyone having a problem, to file a report like you've done even if someone has already done so. There is power in numbers, and a bug getting reported by 100 people will likely get looked at before one that has only had one person file it. Having said that, I own the Alone in the Dark games and the 1st Broken Sword so I'd be more than happy to install them and try to reproduce the problem you had and file a report also to bump up the numbers for you. Just let me know what you need to do to trigger the problem and I'll give it a shot. If there is another thread about the specific issue(s) on the game specific forums, link them to me and I'll favourite them too and see if I can help out in any way.

Hope this helps!
GOG are aware of the issue with some of the v2 installers wiping compatibility settings. It affects the early v2 installers, and the later ones don't have that problem. They have said that they will get around to updating them, but I think their focus is on getting the remaining v1 installers replaced first.