It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

de_Monteynard: Once you check out what's been updated and/or click on the games on your shelf, the notifications will disappear. It may just take a while and even longer now with the Christmas sale going on.
Yeah, that's what I thought, but then it didn't work when I did it earlier! Guess it's just because of the sale, then. Thanks, buddy!
DoctorGOGgles: Just downloaded it and mine says 2.0.0.5
Maybe try downloading again a bit later. Some mirrors might still have an older version.
RS1978: Interesting, thanks for bringing this to my attention. Says still 2.0.0.4 for me, but I will follow your advice and try it again later. :)

Edit: Could it be that you confused the installers? RoA 1+2 says 2.0.0.5 for me, but I was referring to RoA 3.
yes, sorry i've mixed that up because judasiscariot was talking about a roa 1+2 update earlier in the thread.
i don't know about roa 3, since i don't own that game, only 1+2.
So all the four recent notifications were for Mac Updates to installers?
nijuu: So all the four recent notifications were for Mac Updates to installers?
Yep :)
nijuu: So all the four recent notifications were for Mac Updates to installers?
JudasIscariot: Yep :)
thanks. wasnt too sure :D
You should implement "Do not notify me if Mac update" option. For those who don't care about Mac updates.
SLP2000: You should implement "Do not notify me if Mac update" option. For those who don't care about Mac updates.
Not up to me, though, but you know we like feedback through the right channels :)
JudasIscariot: Not up to me, though, but you know we like feedback through the right channels :)
I know, but I always thought it's important if employees come up with good ideas. Even if they take it from someone else.

(read: I'm too lazy to write to the support).
JudasIscariot: Not up to me, though, but you know we like feedback through the right channels :)
SLP2000: I know, but I always thought it's important if employees come up with good ideas. Even if they take it from someone else.

(read: I'm too lazy to write to the support).
Actually, I don't think feedback goes to Support :)
high rated
JudasIscariot: Actually, I don't think feedback goes to Support :)
Actually, they do - I've sent only one message using the feddback/ suggestion option and Natalia responded by saying
Hello, I have forwarded your message to our marketing team.

Regards,
Natalia
GOG.com Support
JudasIscariot: Actually, I don't think feedback goes to Support :)
HypersomniacLive: Actually, they do - I've sent only one message using the feddback/ suggestion option and Natalia responded by saying

Hello, I have forwarded your message to our marketing team.

Regards,
Natalia
GOG.com Support
HypersomniacLive:
Whoops, my bad then, I thought the system was a bit different than I imagined. This is what I get for not doing the research as I don't work on that side of things. Sorry about that :)
high rated
JudasIscariot: Whoops, my bad then, I thought the system was a bit different than I imagined. This is what I get for not doing the research as I don't work on that side of things. Sorry about that :)
You better start doing your homework, Judas ;-P
Fever_Discordia: And WC: Armada? Mac version too?

Heh 'WC Armada' sounds like a gang of angry toilets, of the type that used to chase Miner Willy around in the 80s!
JudasIscariot: WC Armada, Mac version yes :)
Awesome! Just finished the Crusader games so I think I'll move on to this next. Armada and Privateer ought to keep me busy till the devs finish porting Dust: An Elysian Tail, Valdis Story, and Signal Ops for Mac. >:3
RS1978: Interesting, thanks for bringing this to my attention. Says still 2.0.0.4 for me, but I will follow your advice and try it again later. :)

Edit: Could it be that you confused the installers? RoA 1+2 says 2.0.0.5 for me, but I was referring to RoA 3.
DoctorGOGgles: yes, sorry i've mixed that up because judasiscariot was talking about a roa 1+2 update earlier in the thread.
i don't know about roa 3, since i don't own that game, only 1+2.
No problem, but thanks for clarification. :)
Just a suggestion for your game updates and the reason why you are not providing a RSS feed is perhaps no central means of tracking game updates, new games, new extras and modifications.

I'm sure you have some sort of ticket system (like OTRS or something). Why don't you just put the updates there, flagging the change posts with some tags, enabling an auto-generated RSS feed for the tags. The autogenerated RSS should also be checked by an script in order not to let slip unwanted / unrelated stuff through and then provide the RSS somewhere here.

Also define some boilerplate templates in the ticket system for every possible type of item which should appear in the feed, do internal training, tests and you are set :)

Perhaps this could work and reduce confusion :)
Post edited December 14, 2013 by coffeecup