It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I report various bugs via forum threads and GOG Support.
Update flags issue is the most unimportant among them.

From my experience, GOG staff rarely fix those bugs.
For example:
[1] GOG reset review votes of newly added games to zero, once per day. The bug exists at least one month.
[2] GOG often set their promo countdown clocks wrong, and some clocks just did not get fixed till the promo end
[3] Many bugs reported by different people at forum, are just be ignored. GOG staff said nothing about those bugs.

[1]
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/whats_going_on_with_frostpunk_reviews_on_gog_oo
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_break_thread_20/post1551
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_break_thread_20/post1554
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_break_thread_20/post1577

[2] https://www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_wrong_countdown_timezone_promo_of_gog

[3] https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_break_thread_20
kbnrylaec: I report various bugs via forum threads and GOG Support.
Your profile page redirects to a 404 page. Is that a bug too? It's the first time i'm seeing this happen
kbnrylaec: I report various bugs via forum threads and GOG Support.
direspirefirewire: Your profile page redirects to a 404 page. Is that a bug too? It's the first time i'm seeing this happen
I turned off profile entirely.
The option was provided by GOG yesterday.
kbnrylaec: I turned off profile entirely.
The option was provided by GOG yesterday.
Oh i see. Anyway, in my view you're a very loyal and vocal GOG customer so I'm wondering why GOG seems to be ignoring your (and many others) persistent complaints about their repetitive bugs. That's NOT a great way to reward loyal customers, or attract new customers either. Maybe we should start posting in Polish?

Edit: sorry for off-topic
Post edited May 01, 2018 by direspirefirewire
I just noticed that alll those ScummVM 2.0 updates seem to miss the "correct aspect ratio" option inside in their ini so the picture is stretched before you add it using the ScummVM menu. I had the impression that GOG games should not need me to fiddle with ini files and such - or didn't they even realize that the aspect ratio is wrong? I mean those are all games made to play with a 4:3 (1:1,33) ratio and it's obvious the shown screen is more like 1:1,66. But maybe it is just me and my GPU (GTX960 1920x1080). Maybe somebody could check this as well? (I tested Loom, Indy3 and Indy 4 - all had the wrong aspect ratio).
Post edited May 01, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: I just noticed that alll those ScummVM 2.0 updates seem to miss the "correct aspect ratio" option inside in their ini so the picture is stretched before you add it using the ScummVM menu. I had the impression that GOG games should not need me to fiddle with ini files and such - or didn't they even realize that the aspect ratio is wrong? I mean those are all games made to play with a 4:3 (1:1,33) ratio and it's obvious the shown screen is more like 1:1,66. But maybe it is just me and my GPU (GTX960 1920x1080). Maybe somebody could check this as well? (I tested Loom, Indy3 and Indy 4 - all had the wrong aspect ratio).
I've installed the latest version of Indy 4 and it displayed with a correct aspect ratio of 4:3 (black bars on right and left) for me. I've never installed Indy 4 on this computer before. Did you update the problematic games from an older GOG/ScummVM version?

Also what settings do you have in the Nvidia Control Panel under "Desktop Size & Position"? I have it set to Aspect Ratio and the option to 'Override the scaling mode set by games and programs' unticked. This means the game alone (in this case ScummVM) determines the aspect ratio. For me this is still a correct 4:3 ratio with Indy 4, so I don't know why it is stretched for you.
DoctorGOGgles: I've installed the latest version of Indy 4 and it displayed with a correct aspect ratio of 4:3 (black bars on right and
left) for me.
It also shows black bars for me as well but the bars are not wide enough to provide the correct 4:3 aspect ratio. As I said it's more like 1:1.66. (I will attach some screenshots in a few minutes to demonstrate).

DoctorGOGgles: I've never installed Indy 4 on this computer before. Did you update the problematic games from an older GOG/ScummVM version?
It's a complete new installation and if I check the "correct aspect ratio" option in ScummVM everything is correct.

DoctorGOGgles: Also what settings do you have in the Nvidia Control Panel under "Desktop Size & Position"? I have it set to Aspect Ratio and the option to 'Override the scaling mode set by games and programs' unticked. This means the game alone (in this case ScummVM) determines the aspect ratio. For me this is still a correct 4:3 ratio with Indy 4, so I don't know why it is stretched for you.
Same here.

(Edit: Screenshots attached)
Attachments:
wrong.jpg (452 Kb)
correct.jpg (388 Kb)
I got flooded wth 19 update flags.
17 of them are games that updated 6 days ago, without real update for recent 5 days.

Another 2 flags are false alarm, without any real updates:
hiveswap
spellcasting_123
Question: what is it whit these ScummVM updates?
Are these important (meaning: is the download really necessary or is it negligible)?
PrivateProfile: Question: what is it whit these ScummVM updates?
Are these important (meaning: is the download really necessary or is it negligible)?
All ScummVM supported DOS games could run on DOSBox.
And you can import those game data to ScummVM manually.

If you have no problem with the old GOG installers, you do not have to download the new ones.
They are just game data with a pre-configured ScummVM.

Note: game saves for ScummVM are not compatible with DOSBox.
kbnrylaec: All ScummVM supported DOS games could run on DOSBox.
And you can import those game data to ScummVM manually.

If you have no problem with the old GOG installers, you do not have to download the new ones.
They are just game data with a pre-configured ScummVM.

Note: game saves for ScummVM are not compatible with DOSBox.
Thank you!
Well, then I will save these downloads for when something more important gets changed.
high rated
STAR WARS™: Dark Forces
Internal Update (27 April 2018)
[WIN] updated internal installer structure, no changes to game files
Toonstruck
Beneath a Steel Sky
Internal Update (25 April 2018)
[WIN][LINUX] updated builds with ScummVM 2.0
[WIN] enabled Cloud Saves support
[WIN] NOTICE: saves are now stored in a separate subfolder. If updating an already installed game, it might be necessary to move already existing saves to the game's SAVES subfolder.
Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail!
added a higher quality version of the CyberSniff 2000 bonus goodie
DoctorGOGgles: I've installed the latest version of Indy 4 and it displayed with a correct aspect ratio of 4:3 (black bars on right and
left) for me.
MarkoH01: It also shows black bars for me as well but the bars are not wide enough to provide the correct 4:3 aspect ratio. As I said it's more like 1:1.66. (I will attach some screenshots in a few minutes to demonstrate).

DoctorGOGgles: I've never installed Indy 4 on this computer before. Did you update the problematic games from an older GOG/ScummVM version?
MarkoH01: It's a complete new installation and if I check the "correct aspect ratio" option in ScummVM everything is correct.

DoctorGOGgles: Also what settings do you have in the Nvidia Control Panel under "Desktop Size & Position"? I have it set to Aspect Ratio and the option to 'Override the scaling mode set by games and programs' unticked. This means the game alone (in this case ScummVM) determines the aspect ratio. For me this is still a correct 4:3 ratio with Indy 4, so I don't know why it is stretched for you.
MarkoH01: Same here.

(Edit: Screenshots attached)
Oh, you're right. It wasn't really 4:3 on my screen either, but really some weird ratio between 4:3 and 16:9. Mine doesn't seem quite as broad as yours though.
Also what's weird is that the crosshair cursor looks wrong to me with the correct aspect ratio (it's more high than wide) and looks correct with the wrong aspect ratio (same width and height). Same with the spare tire on the cab in your pictures. With the wrong ratio the tire actually looks more round to me
I'm really confused now. I wish I had an old DOS machine with CRT in the house to see what the game actually looked like back in the day...
kbnrylaec: I got flooded wth 19 update flags.
17 of them are games that updated 6 days ago, without real update for recent 5 days.
You complained about the missing updates for those. Now you get them and you complain again? I mean, fair to complain because they are delayed but other than that it's good that they actually arrived imo.
PrivateProfile: Question: what is it whit these ScummVM updates?
kbnrylaec: All ScummVM supported DOS games could run on DOSBox.
In some cases the DOSBox versions had issues (especially graphical ones) and ScummVM is working better.
But in several cases the game was simply updated from one ScummVM version to the new one. Here I would say the download is not really necessary.
DoctorGOGgles: I'm really confused now. I wish I had an old DOS machine with CRT in the house to see what the game actually looked like back in the day...
If GOG provided all game files it should be possible to compare it with a DOSBox configuration. Maybe I will test this when I find the time.

Edit:
And the solution is: it Is actually 16:9 but letterboxed. So with GOG using the wider screen they actually don't stretch it but zoom it which also let's me withdraw my complaint about the wrong aspect ratio - at least in this game. Just take a look here and you can see (if I chose original aspect ratio in dosbox I managed to get the same result with the GOG version).
high rated
One more internal update for today:

STAR WARS™ Republic Commando
Internal Update (1 May 2018)
[WIN] updated internal installer structure, no changes to game files