It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
More updates from Legacy MaGog:

---------------------------

Games included in this batch:

· Cossacks 3
· Dungeon Souls
· Tomb Raider 1+2+3

Cossacks 3 has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File removed: Patch 2.0.0.85.5767 [Windows]

* File added: Patch 2.0.1.86.5787 [Windows] --- Size: 2.0 MB --- Version: [empty]

* File changed: DLC: Days of Brilliance: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (39.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 2.0.0.85.5767 *TO* 2.0.1.86.5787

* File changed: DLC: Early Bird: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (9.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 2.0.0.85.5767 *TO* 2.0.1.86.5787

* File changed: DLC: Guardians of the Highlands: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (22.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 2.0.0.85.5767 *TO* 2.0.1.86.5787

* File changed: DLC: Path to Grandeur: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (41.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 2.0.0.85.5767 *TO* 2.0.1.86.5787

* File changed: DLC: Rise to Glory: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (41.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 2.0.0.85.5767 *TO* 2.0.1.86.5787

* File changed: DLC: Soundtrack: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (5.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 2.0.0.85.5767 *TO* 2.0.1.86.5787

* File changed: DLC: The Golden Age: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (67.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 2.0.0.85.5767 *TO* 2.0.1.86.5787

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 2) --- Size has not changed (1.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 2.0.0.85.5767 *TO* 2.0.1.86.5787

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 2) --- Size *FROM* 2.2 GB *TO* 2.2 GB (+2.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 2.0.0.85.5767 *TO* 2.0.1.86.5787

[NO CHANGELOG]

Dungeon Souls has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Linux installer, English --- Size has not changed (87.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* v1.0.5.4 *TO* 1.0.5.4

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 1.0.5.3 (05 January 2018)

EVENTS
- Christmas Event

Duration:
- The event's duration was extended until the 7th of January.

Bug Fixes & Feedback Changes

BUGS
- Fixed a bug where the game would fail to reset its data.
- Fixed a bug where players could start a tutorial after quicksaving.
- Fixed a bug where boss music would carry on playing when quick restarting.
- Fixed a bug where engineer's landmines and spider bots attempted to hit enemies during invulnerability, resulting in very different damage outputs.
- Fixed a bug where random enemies could spawn in event areas if the player had looped at least once.
- Fixed a bug where Slime Gargantulum would fail to attack.
- Important: Fixed a bug where the game would fail to save the collected gold after displaying an end game cutscene.
- Fixed a bug where the audio of the ending screen would glitch

FEEDBACK CHANGES
- Added a counter that specifies how many required recipes the player has obtained, out of how many required recipes there are (available in the arcane forge crafting menu).

KNOWN ISSUES
- In some systems (both operative system and hardware components), the game has severe lags spikes for brief periods of time. This usually has to do with malfunctioning input devices, but a fix is being developed. If this occurs to you, please send an email to laminastudios@gmail.com with the operative system you have and hardware, as well as any relevant information (the time you were playing at and what were you doing).
- During co-op, heroes have a different currency than the one specified on the HUD, resulting in some characters being able to buy certain items that the other player can't (due to gold spent). This will be fixed in a future patch.
(Full changelog)

Tomb Raider 1+2+3 has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Tomb Raider 1: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_tomb_raider_1_20171026_(15947).exe *TO* setup_tomb_raider_1_20180105_(17652).exe --- Size has not changed (242.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 20171026 *TO* 20180105

* File changed: Tomb Raider 1: Windows installer, German --- Name *FROM* setup_tomb_raider_1_german_20171026_(15947).exe *TO* setup_tomb_raider_1_german_20180105_(17652).exe --- Size *FROM* 226.0 MB *TO* 225.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 20171026 *TO* 20180105

* File changed: Tomb Raider 2: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_tomb_raider_2_20171026_(15943).exe *TO* setup_tomb_raider_2_20180103_(17606).exe --- Size *FROM* 243.0 MB *TO* 245.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 20171026 *TO* 20180103

* File changed: Tomb Raider 2: Windows installer, French --- Name *FROM* setup_tomb_raider_2_french_20171026_(15943).exe *TO* setup_tomb_raider_2_french_20180103_(17606).exe --- Size *FROM* 242.0 MB *TO* 283.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 20171026 *TO* 20180103

* File changed: Tomb Raider 2: Windows installer, German --- Name *FROM* setup_tomb_raider_2_german_20171026_(15943).exe *TO* setup_tomb_raider_2_german_20180103_(17606).exe --- Size has not changed (242.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 20171026 *TO* 20180103

[CHANGELOG UPDATED FOR TOMB RAIDER 1]
Update (05 January 2018)

- Fixed some audio issues in the German version of Tomb Raider.
- Added Zyankali's German 3DFX version to Tomb Raider 1.
(Full changelog)

[CHANGELOG UPDATED FOR TOMB RAIDER 2]
Update (05 January 2018)

- Fixed some audio issues in the German and French versions of Tomb Raider 2.
(Full changelog)
high rated
Call of Cthulhu: Prisoner of Ice marked as updated.
No changelog, but it looks like mac & linux now have Italian versions.
Avogadro6: I'm hoping the new Defender's Quest update is coming soon. Been waiting for more than a week now...
JudasIscariot: It's coming and hopefully we'll have it out before the weekend :)
Uh, I was just going to comment that DQ was marked as updated in my library, but I saw no changes at all. No reason for that flag, then?

JudasIscariot: We're currently QAing it to make sure everything works
Glad to hear. By the way, the last patch (2.17) had a lot of duplicated files, so the win installers went from the usual 300ish MB to 1.2 GB (I don't remember what was the deal with Linux and Mac installers, but I think they were affected as well). I've been told this would be fixed in the next update, it would be great if you could confirm if it was.

Also, the December update may have borked controller support and a few other things, but Lars is working on it right now. It might be worth waiting for the hotfix at this point.

JudasIscariot: surprisingly enough there were updates over the holidays :O
Some devs try to release updates in time for major Steam sales - including Christmas - as it brings them a little extra visibility. Or at least that's how the system worked in the last couple of years, not sure if it's still the case.
JudasIscariot: It's coming and hopefully we'll have it out before the weekend :)
Avogadro6: Uh, I was just going to comment that DQ was marked as updated in my library, but I saw no changes at all. No reason for that flag, then?

JudasIscariot: We're currently QAing it to make sure everything works
Avogadro6: Glad to hear. By the way, the last patch (2.17) had a lot of duplicated files, so the win installers went from the usual 300ish MB to 1.2 GB (I don't remember what was the deal with Linux and Mac installers, but I think they were affected as well). I've been told this would be fixed in the next update, it would be great if you could confirm if it was.

Also, the December update may have borked controller support and a few other things, but Lars is working on it right now. It might be worth waiting for the hotfix at this point.

JudasIscariot: surprisingly enough there were updates over the holidays :O
Avogadro6: Some devs try to release updates in time for major Steam sales - including Christmas - as it brings them a little extra visibility. Or at least that's how the system worked in the last couple of years, not sure if it's still the case.
That was the Linux version of Defender's Quest being updated to version 2.2.0 :) Windows will be updated shortly after this post :)
JudasIscariot: That was the Linux version of Defender's Quest being updated to version 2.2.0 :) Windows will be updated shortly after this post :)
Okie, let's hope the new installers are the correct size then.

EDIT: Nope! But thanks for the patch.

Time to remind Lars I guess.
Post edited January 05, 2018 by Avogadro6
Avogadro6: Okie, let's hope the new installers are the correct size then.

The Linux build is 656MB so it seems OK. The macOS one is 772MB, so it also seems OK-ish, but I don't know where may those extra ~100MB come from...
Avogadro6: Okie, let's hope the new installers are the correct size then.

muntdefems: The Linux build is 656MB so it seems OK. The macOS one is 772MB, so it also seems OK-ish, but I don't know where may those extra ~100MB come from...
OpenGL version for Windows :)
JudasIscariot: OpenGL version for Windows :)
I see.

Well, Lars will know better for sure, but I don't see why the raw game assets should be duplicated in order for the game to be compatible both with DirectX and OpenGL. Maybe doing it with a single set of assets is way too complicated and he opted for the easy solution of duplicating everything, who knows... In any case, as a Linux user I don't really care for the double size of the Windows installer anyway. :P
Post edited January 05, 2018 by muntdefems
high rated
Defender's Quest has been updated:

Patch 2.2.0 (05 January 2018)
Lots of battle optimizations:

- don't call unnecessary updates on enemies
- don't call unnecessary updates on effects
- cache results of effect palette swaps rather than doing it EVERY SINGLE TIME
- Fix occassional NaN values for a projectile's angle, which would trigger a while loop of SIX MILLION ITERATIONS (every update!!!!)
- Throttle how many times an enemy's HP bar can be redrawn per unit of time (so it's not wastefully spammed when playing at e.g. x16 speed)
- Cache results of scaled tiled bitmaps to reduce drawing time
- Increase capacity of QuadTree nodes
- Added surgical speed throttling -- if there's too many enemies on screen, x16 and x8 speed modes are disabled until you kill enough off. You'll only ever really encounter this limit on the endless bonus battles, and it should effectively increases framerate by not overtaxing the game.
- Replaced "hot" text fields in battle with bitmap text fields, which update faster and cause less lag
- Avoid playing multiple identical sound effects in rapid succession
- Preload enemies to avoid stutter on the first spawn of each wave
muntdefems: The Linux build is 656MB so it seems OK. The macOS one is 772MB, so it also seems OK-ish, but I don't know where may those extra ~100MB come from...
Those seems a bit high as well considering that once installed all previous windows versions were under 500 MB. For reference, my entire DQ 2.1.5 folder weighs only 457 MB (this does not include the OpenGL version, which used to have a separate installer).

Then with patch 2.1.7 both the standard and OpenGL version were merged in a single installer (which wasn't supposed to happen IIRC, but I'd have to check some old emails for confirmation) and due to duplicate assets the Haxe version went from <500 MB to 1.10 GB (for comparison, the OpenGL version was still around 455 MB).

I haven't downloaded the 2.20 installer yet, but since the size is more or less the same as the previous one it's very likely that all the duplicated assets are still there.
high rated
WinterSnowfall: Star Control: Origins -> no offline installers yet, probably soon to come
#### Patch 0.71.15586 - Beta Build (04th December 2017)
WinterSnowfall: [...]
Emm.. this updated is a month old, and you already posted it in your post #18190 back then (also already posted in the game forum)? Is your script feeling ok?

So... I got no notification flag for Tomb Raider 1+2+3 or Defender's Quest, updates that come with fixes and changelogs, but got one for Call of Cthulhu: Prisoner of Ice which doesn't say what got updated? *sigh*

@JudasIscariot - Could you, please, fix the forum link of Star Control®: Origins? Cheers.
Just tested the new DQ version. German translation is 100% according to the game. The one tiny issue in the intro where it still says "voice" once instead of "Stimme" is still present but if that's all I am all right with it. :)
JudasIscariot: snip
Judas, could you please create the installers for Dead Cells. Thank you.
HypersomniacLive: So... I got no notification flag for Tomb Raider 1+2+3 or Defender's Quest, updates that come with fixes and changelogs, but got one for Call of Cthulhu: Prisoner of Ice which doesn't say what got updated? *sigh*
That is strange. When I was informed about the updates of TR I told Judas to flag them because I did not have received any flag until then. He said that he already did so I posted "Flags will arrive shortly" or sth similar. Then I got my flags so I deleted this line. Long story short: they showed for me. So fdoes that mean that lags sometimes don't show just for some people?
Post edited January 05, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Just tested the new DQ version. German translation is 100% according to the game. The one tiny issue in the intro where it still says "voice" once instead of "Stimme" is still present but if that's all I am all right with it. :)
Report it on Lars' Github :P