It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
The Albion binary recompilation for Linux and Windows has been updated:
https://www.pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/albion.64477/page-8#post-1428543
Klumpen0815: The Albion binary recompilation for Linux and Windows has been updated:
https://www.pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/albion.64477/page-8#post-1428543
Nice, I didn't know there was a native Linux port of that game. :)

With regards to 'native GOG' updates, I'm afraid there's nothing yet, at least as far as Legacy MaGog can see...
muntdefems: Nice, I didn't know there was a native Linux port of that game. :)
Yeah. It's really very impressive. Assisted machine translation of x86 DOS executables into Windows or Linux x86 or ARM executables.

One of the insane geniuses who hang out in the community for the OpenPandora palmtop PC got it into his head to feed some games into a disassembler, translate the resulting assembly to ARM, patch up the missing APIs, and then re-assemble them into working binaries for his OpenPandora.

...and he had the foresight to automate as much of the process as possible and support x86 Windows, x86 Linux, and ARM Linux output.

There's a GitHub repo with the tooling, definition files, and added code, so other people can poke at the project or re-generate the binaries from their own copies of the games.
ssokolow: There's a GitHub repo with the tooling, definition files, and added code, so other people can poke at the project or re-generate the binaries from their own copies of the games.
Awesome! If I feel a bit smarter some day I will try it out. Maybe put a link in the Linux sticky as well?
high rated
MarkoH01: [...] I don't think that it was their intent to not notify people. Like I said, I agree but the most important thing is that it's uploaded in time and before the weekend. [...]
How is one supposed to get wind of the fixed installers being live for download without a flag (and a little note?), and the naming of the installers remaining the same? The speed with which it was fixed is appreciated, but without obsessively checking here, it'd do one little to no good that the fixed installers were available before the weekend.
That's the issue not only with missing flags, and the scrapping of the update notification system in general, but them being manually handled. One can hope that when, and if, the notification system returns, this will have been addressed in a reliable way.
MarkoH01: [...] I don't think that it was their intent to not notify people. Like I said, I agree but the most important thing is that it's uploaded in time and before the weekend. [...]
HypersomniacLive: How is one supposed to get wind of the fixed installers being live for download without a flag (and a little note?), and the naming of the installers remaining the same? The speed with which it was fixed is appreciated, but without obsessively checking here, it'd do one little to no good that the fixed installers were available before the weekend.
That's the issue not only with missing flags, and the scrapping of the update notification system in general, but them being manually handled. One can hope that when, and if, the notification system returns, this will have been addressed in a reliable way.
I did not say that it was correct not to notify users - I just said that it's probably was not intended and just a mistake that happened because of the hurry they were in.
high rated
MarkoH01: I did not say that it was correct not to notify users - I just said that it's probably was not intended and just a mistake that happened because of the hurry they were in.
And my comment isn't about the omission of the flag being intentional or due to hurrying (I'm quite confident it wasn't intentional), I'm just pointing out the overarching issues which become glaring in cases like this one.
ssokolow: There's a GitHub repo with the tooling, definition files, and added code, so other people can poke at the project or re-generate the binaries from their own copies of the games.
Themken: Awesome! If I feel a bit smarter some day I will try it out. Maybe put a link in the Linux sticky as well?
Feel free to. I've accidentally jet-lagged myself and thinking up the appropriate phrasing for a non-reply post is just too much mental effort right now.
MarkoH01: I did not say that it was correct not to notify users - I just said that it's probably was not intended and just a mistake that happened because of the hurry they were in.
The problem is, GOG do not just make a mistake. They have made many mistakes.
The update flag is known to be broken for many years.
They never fix it.
According to my record, only 1/3 of updates got the flag.
kbnrylaec: The problem is, GOG do not just make a mistake. They have made many mistakes.
They never fix it.
So how do we get them to fix their mistakes?
tfishell: So how do we get them to fix their mistakes?
I've given up meanwhile. I've stopped to care about causing load on their servers and run the downloader almost daily now to check for updates.
high rated
First updates of 2018!

---------------------------

Games included in this batch:

· Mother Russia Bleeds
· Mother Russia Bleeds: Dealer Edition [Premium]
· Obduction®
· Owlboy
· Owlboy Collector's Edition [Premium]

Mother Russia Bleeds has changed

>>> Supported languages changed *FROM* Text only: Brazilian-Portuguese, German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Polish, Russian *TO* Text only: Brazilian-Portuguese, German, English, Spanish, French, Polish, Russian

Mother Russia Bleeds: Dealer Edition [Premium] has changed

>>> Supported languages changed *FROM* Text only: Brazilian-Portuguese, German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Polish, Russian *TO* Text only: Brazilian-Portuguese, German, English, Spanish, French, Polish, Russian

Obduction® has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Mac OS X installer, English --- Size *FROM* 8.2 GB *TO* 8.3 GB --- Version *FROM* 1.6.5-1 *TO* 1.6.5-2

[NO CHANGELOG]

Owlboy has changed

>>> Supported languages changed *FROM* Audio and text: English. Text only: Chinese, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian *TO* Audio and text: English. Text only: Chinese, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian

[FILE UPDATES]

* File removed: Patch 1.2.6380.40070 [Windows]

* File added: Patch 1.3.6550.38509 [Windows] --- Size: 4.0 MB --- Version: 17460 -> 17602

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Size *FROM* 423.0 MB *TO* 420.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 1.3.6570.26602 *TO* 1.3.6550.38509

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 1.3.6550.38509 (03 January 2018)

- Added Norwegian language support.
- Tweaked the first dungeon for better playability
(Full changelog)

Owlboy Collector's Edition [Premium] has changed

>>> Supported languages changed *FROM* Audio and text: English. Text only: Chinese, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian *TO* Audio and text: English. Text only: Chinese, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian
deleted
kbnrylaec: The problem is, GOG do not just make a mistake. They have made many mistakes.
They never fix it.
Of course and I don't want to pretend it's otherwise. I was just referring to this specific mistake. Regarding the "missing update flag" in 1/3 of your games I posted something here. Like I said in this post: still not a result people should be happy with but different numbers if you are o.k. with not receiving flags for Galaxy only updates or Installer maintenance updates.
Post edited January 03, 2018 by MarkoH01
high rated
River City Ransom Underground has been updated:

Patch R6 (03 January 2018)

We hope you're enjoying your holiday break!
This latest patch just adds a little holiday fun somewhere in River City.
Stay safe, have fun, and don't turn into coins. Not even bitcoins!

Team RCRU