It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[Part 2 of 2]

---------------------------

Kim [In Dev] has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Mac OS X installer, English --- Size has not changed (182.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 0.10.0 (gog-20) *TO* 0.11.0 (gog-21)

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (152.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 0.10.1 (gog-20) *TO* 0.11.0 (gog-21)

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 0.11.0 (08th September 2016)
New Stuff

- You will earn trading cards, badges, profile backgrounds and emoticons as you play
- Two new missions turn the existing surveying mission in Bikanir into a 3 part quest line
- Police will help Kim to fend off thieves, who attack him, if they notice their aggressive behaviour
- A view cone setting has been added to the Options panel to allow you to choose if you want normal or high quality view cones (which can reduce performance on lower spec PCs)

Changes

- Weapons now start charging when the character enters combat mode so Kim can surprise NPCs if they are not prepared
- Pawnshops’ generous pricing allowed certain trading exploits so they now offer less money for your items
- Many different ways of earning merit have been rebalanced including drawing the Buddhist holy wheel and delivering items
- Colonel Creighton’s missions no longer allow Kim to earn as much money
- No merit is awarded for killing thugs
- Stats can now contribute more to total score as each is doubled and then the base values are subtracted rather than us simply adding them together
- Food and lockpick stats have been rebalanced
- NPC view cones move naturally instead of following the rotation of the character sprite exactly
- Milestones are now oriented to reflect the direction of travel they allow
- The distance at which Kim can interact with icons in the level is now based on the size of the object
- NPCs will no longer spawn at the very edge of the level or under the HUD in 16:9
- It is slightly brighter in the middle of the day during rainy weather
- Lots of conversations updated
- Various UI elements polished

Bug Fixes

- Special outfits cannot cause incorrect stats to be displayed either right away or after reloading
- Roads will always have milestones at both ends
- Travel effects will always display correctly when using tents
- Charts on the scores screen will display correctly throughout the game
- Bridges cannot spawn in such a way that they cannot be crossed
- Invisible riders on horses fixed
- It is always possible to sell guns at the pawnshop
- It is always possible to buy back sold items from the pawnshop
- Selling special items at the pawnshop will not affect Kim’s stats
- Closing the game with the pawnshop panel open will not cause saving errors
- Damage resistance from strength now displays correctly in the suitcase
- The use button in the suitcase is disabled for items that cannot be used
- NPCs cannot have more than 5 traits
- The correct seed is always displayed on the options panel
- Characters cannot get stuck if another NPC occupies their destination
- NPCs will always rotate naturally
- Thieves will always attack Kim if aggroed
- Kim will not be prevented from sleeping in a level after killing a thief
- Convalescing now resets stealth and combat mode
- Kim enters the boarding house in Lucknow from the correct side

Obduction® has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 3) --- Size has not changed (29.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* gog-4 *TO* 1.01 (gog-5)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 3) --- Size has not changed (3.9 GB) --- Version *FROM* gog-4 *TO* 1.01 (gog-5)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 3 of 3) --- File size *FROM* 1.5 GB *TO* 1.2 GB --- Version *FROM* gog-4 *TO* 1.01 (gog-5)

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 1.01 (08 September 2016)
Global

- Fix for stuck loading screens with unsupported languages! Game will now properly default - to English when local OS language does not have a localization file available
- Fix for resolution scale slider
- Adjustment to gamma setting slider (Work in progress)
- Small fix for the Credits
- Tweaks for new game menu
- Fixes for screenshots during loading

Art

- Many small art tweaks around all of Hunrath

Nodes

- Many fixes to nodes in Hunrath
mvscot: Gah, it's been so long I'd forgotten the whole DVD±R thing!
As a language nerd, I'm still pissed at the semantic confusion between a hyphen and a minus symbol that the name "DVD+R" implies.

mvscot: That's sad news (like how WD? now own HGST).
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/Diagram_of_Hard_Disk_Drive_Manufacturer_Consolidation.svg
high rated
Added changelogs for Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest and Obduction® to their respective game fora.

Unkalibriert added the Starbound changelog.
muntdefems: Kim [In Dev] has probably changed

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]

Patch 0.11.0 (08th September 2016)
New Stuff

- You will earn trading cards, badges, profile backgrounds and emoticons as you play
muntdefems:
Interesting. Some as-yet unannounced features coming to a Galaxy near us soon?

Talk about letting the cat out of the bag! :)
JudasIscariot: Probably the Mac version had Mac-specific fixes performed on it. Just because the version numbers differ that doesn't always mean that one is less updated than the other :)

As for the gpg-4, because it's the 4th version of the GOG installer :)
Wouldn't that be the 4th version of GNU Privacy Guard? :)
Post edited September 09, 2016 by skeletonbow
JudasIscariot: The game version can change between OSes if there are issues specific to a given OS that get fixed.

As for the gog-4, there may have been other updates to game before release or we had to fix some issues with the offline installer.
muntdefems: I see. Thanks for the insights!

PS: Most of my other versioning-related complaints still stand, though. :P
Tweak MaGOG to get the entire filename instead of the (GOG-<number goes here>) part and 95% of the versioning complaints will be resolved.
muntdefems: Kim [In Dev] has probably changed

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]

Interesting. Some as-yet unannounced features coming to a Galaxy near us soon?

Talk about letting the cat out of the bag! :)

Wouldn't that be the 4th version of GNU Privacy Guard? :)
skeletonbow:
Meh, I'll let it stand...you caught my typo so keep it :P
Post edited September 09, 2016 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: Probably the Mac version had Mac-specific fixes performed on it. Just because the version numbers differ that doesn't always mean that one is less updated than the other :)

As for the gpg-4, because it's the 4th version of the GOG installer :)
JudasIscariot:
skeletonbow: Wouldn't that be the 4th version of GNU Privacy Guard? :)
JudasIscariot: Meh, I'll let it stand...you caught my typo so keep it :P
Hehehe, when I seen that I just couldn't let that one slip by... :)
Post edited September 09, 2016 by skeletonbow
high rated
From MaGog's logs for 9 September:

Democracy 3 has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- File name *FROM* setup_democracy3_2.15.0.21.exe *TO* setup_democracy3_2.16.0.22.exe --- Size has not changed (141.3 MB) --- Date *FROM* Wed 13 Jul 2016 12:11:09 GMT *TO* Thu 08 Sep 2016 18:11:44 GMT --- Version *FROM* 1.285 (gog-21) *TO* 1.286 (gog-22)

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 1.286 (08 September 2016)

- Fixed a minor issues with the English Windows version of Democracy 3.

Necropolis: Brutal Edition has probably changed

>>> Supported languages changed *FROM* Text only: German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Polish, Russian *TO* Text only: German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian
muntdefems: PS: Most of my other versioning-related complaints still stand, though. :P
JudasIscariot: Tweak MaGOG to get the entire filename instead of the (GOG-<number goes here>) part and 95% of the versioning complaints will be resolved.
I'm not sure I'm following you... What do you mean, that the filenames contain the true "game" version 100% of the time? (while the version descriptors included in the API's "all_files" and "downloadables" fields may be wrong?)
Post edited September 09, 2016 by muntdefems
JudasIscariot: Tweak MaGOG to get the entire filename instead of the (GOG-<number goes here>) part and 95% of the versioning complaints will be resolved.
muntdefems: I'm not sure I'm following you... What do you mean, that the filenames contain the true "game" version 100% of the time? (while the version descriptors included in the API's "all_files" and "downloadables" fields may be wrong?)
You're wondering why the Mac versions keep jumping up and down in versions, right? It's because we are trying something new when it comes to the Mac PKG installers: we put the in-game version + the date the installer was made.

The (GOG-X) version for Macs, and why it jumps around, is the last two numbers of the date section in the file name.
JudasIscariot: You're wondering why the Mac versions keep jumping up and down in versions, right? It's because we are trying something new when it comes to the Mac PKG installers: we put the in-game version + the date the installer was made.

The (GOG-X) version for Macs, and why it jumps around, is the last two numbers of the date section in the file name.
Oh, right! I wasn't paying attention to filenames, just to the versions. :S

You're right, the gog-x version corresponds to the last figure of the filename (but it does so for Windows and Linux files as well, not only Mac ones), so I suppose that you're playing around with Mac installers more than usual and so many updates entail an increase of several gog-x versions, right?

I don't understand what you say about dates, though: isn't the fourth figure at the end of filenames just an increasing index? What does it have to do with the date?

PS: I'm afraid I cannot modify anything about MaGog, that's mrkgnao's privilege. :P However, I don't think there's anything he can do about it either. As anyone attentive enough can see, my reports for some games do include the filenames, while others don't. As you surely know, that's because one can only get the full info about games that one owns, and only partial info about games one doesn't own. Filenames are part of this "restricted" information. So, unless GOG gifts the whole catalogue to mrkgnao, MaGog won't ever be able to know the exact filenames for many games.
JudasIscariot: You're wondering why the Mac versions keep jumping up and down in versions, right? It's because we are trying something new when it comes to the Mac PKG installers: we put the in-game version + the date the installer was made.

muntdefems: I don't understand what you say about dates, though: isn't the fourth figure at the end of filenames just an increasing index? What does it have to do with the date?
Example:

We updated the Mac version of Necropolis yesterday.

So our Mac techs made an offline PKG with the following filename: necropolis_en_1_1_0_20160908.pkg

So game version number (1_1_0) and the date the build was made (20160908).
muntdefems: I don't understand what you say about dates, though: isn't the fourth figure at the end of filenames just an increasing index? What does it have to do with the date?
JudasIscariot: Example:

So our Mac techs made an offline PKG with the following filename: necropolis_en_1_1_0_20160908.pkg

Bad example, mrkgnao doesn't own this game so I (nor MaGog) cannot see its filenames. :P

But none of the 1138 games that he does own have any Mac filename with a date as the fourth version figure, so I assume you've only done this to a very small list of games (and pretty recent ones at that), haven't you?

Anyway, this opens up some other questions, like:

- Will you eventually change all Mac filenames to adapt them to this new format?

- Will you only do it for Mac filenames, or for Windows and Linux ones as well?

PS: The limited file info for Necropolis that MaGog can see lists "1.1.0 (gog-08)" as the Mac installer version. According to what you told me earlier, the "08" corresponds to yesterday's day of the month (i.e. the eighth), right? So are you telling me that if this file gets updated on 2 October, its version will jump from "gog-08" to "gog-02"? Is that so?
Post edited September 09, 2016 by muntdefems
JudasIscariot: Example:

muntdefems: Bad example, mrkgnao doesn't own this game so I (nor MaGog) cannot see its filenames. :P

But none of the 1138 games that he does own have any Mac filename with a date as the fourth version figure, so I assume you've only done this to a very small list of games (and pretty recent ones at that), haven't you?

Anyway, this opens up some other questions, like:

- Will you eventually change all Mac filenames to adapt them to this new format?

PS: The limited file info for Necropolis that MaGog can see lists "1.1.0 (gog-08)" as the Mac installer version. According to what you told me earlier, the "08" corresponds to yesterday's day of the month (i.e. the eighth), right? So are you telling me that if this file gets updated on 2 October, its version will jump from "gog-08" to "gog-02"? Is that so?

Eventually, yes. When, I cannot say.

Eventually, yes. When, I do not know.

"So are you telling me that if this file gets updated on 2 October, its version will jump from "gog-08" to "gog-02"?"

Yes, that is exactly what will happen.
high rated
JudasIscariot: - Will you eventually change all Mac filenames to adapt them to this new format?

OK, thanks!

JudasIscariot: "So are you telling me that if this file gets updated on 2 October, its version will jump from "gog-08" to "gog-02"?"

Really? Who thought this would be a good idea and would not cause any confusion at all? Please reconsider it, and if you want to base the gog-versions on the date the files were created, then add the whole date to the gog-version and not only the month day. :\
JudasIscariot: - Will you eventually change all Mac filenames to adapt them to this new format?

muntdefems: OK, thanks!

JudasIscariot: "So are you telling me that if this file gets updated on 2 October, its version will jump from "gog-08" to "gog-02"?"

muntdefems: Really? Who thought this would be a good idea and would not cause any confusion at all? Please reconsider it, and if you want to base the gog-versions on the date the files were created, then add the whole date to the gog-version and not only the month day. :\
The whole date is added to the file name though so I am not really seeing what the problem is at this point?