It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mk47at: My idea of an explaination: The previously included wine version doesn't work on Arch Linux. This way the package works on a larger number of distributions.
When I should guess I rather would assume an incompatibility between Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04, as these are the supported platforms. That the new mechanism probably works on a larger number of Linux distributions is just a pleasant side effect. :)

But that's only a guess. A confirmation and maybe some details still would be interesting. Also a reason why they do not do the same for the DOSBox games, at least for those games which run on the latest, unmodified DOSBox version (which is the vast majority, as far as I know).
Post edited May 20, 2016 by eiii
From MaGog's logs for 20 May (part 1 of 2):

NOTE! Probably ADDED FILE Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, all_files, DLC: Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear: Adventurer's Guide

NOTE! Probably ADDED FILE Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, all_files, DLC: Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear: Field Guide

NOTE! Probably ADDED FILE Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, all_files, DLC: Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear: Sword Coast Survival Guide

NOTE! Probably ADDED FILE Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, all_files, DLC: Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear: artworks

NOTE! CHANGED Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear [DLC], bonuses: ***TO*** Adventurer's Guide, Sword Coast Survival Guide, Field Guide, 4 artworks

[New goodies not listed on the Deluxe Edition game page]

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Big Pharma, downloadables, Windows installer, English (setup_big_pharma_2.8.0.9.exe ***TO*** setup_big_pharma_2.9.0.10.exe; 1.06.11 (gog-9) ***TO*** 1.06.12 (gog-9); Mon, 16 May 2016 14:48:03 GMT ***TO*** Fri, 20 May 2016 13:58:28 GMT; 260,161,736 ***TO*** 260,172,616)

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Big Pharma, downloadables, Mac OS X installer, English (big_pharma_2.9.0.10.pkg ***TO*** big_pharma_2.10.0.11.pkg; 1.06.11 (gog-10) ***TO*** 1.06.12 (gog-11); Mon, 16 May 2016 14:48:10 GMT ***TO*** Fri, 20 May 2016 13:58:43 GMT; 322,618,858 ***TO*** 322,618,857)

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Big Pharma, downloadables, Linux installer, English (gog_big_pharma_2.8.0.10.sh ***TO*** gog_big_pharma_2.9.0.11.sh; 1.06.11 (gog-10) ***TO*** 1.06.12 (gog-11); Mon, 16 May 2016 14:48:20 GMT ***TO*** Fri, 20 May 2016 13:58:56 GMT; 326,817,899 ***TO*** 326,818,049)

NOTE! Probably CHANGED FILE Big Pharma, all_files, DLC: Marketing and Malpractice: Mac OS X installer, English, dl_ver: 1.06.11 (gog-10) ***TO*** 1.06.11 (gog-11)

NOTE! CHANGED Big Pharma, changelog (http://www.an-ovel.com/downloads/chg/chg_1440407371.htm)
NOTE! ADD +++ Patch 1.06.12 (20 May 2016)
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixes a bug introduced in the last patch while improving the custom game generation algorithms.

NOTE! Probably CHANGED FILE Darkest Dungeon, all_files, Windows installer, English, dl_ver: 14065 (gog-16) ***TO*** 14557 (gog-17)

NOTE! Probably ADDED FILE Darkest Dungeon, all_files, Patch 14557 (gog-17) [Windows], dl_ver: ***TO***

NOTE! Probably CHANGED FILE Darkest Dungeon, all_files, Mac OS X installer, English, dl_ver: 14065 (gog-20) ***TO*** 14557 (gog-21)

NOTE! Probably CHANGED FILE Darkest Dungeon, all_files, Linux installer, English, dl_ver: 14065 (gog-1) ***TO*** 14557 (gog-2)

NOTE! Probably ADDED FILE Darkest Dungeon, all_files, Patch 14557 (gog-2) [Linux], dl_ver: ***TO***

NOTE! CHANGED Darkest Dungeon, changelog (http://www.an-ovel.com/downloads/chg/chg_1450711444.htm)
NOTE! ADD +++ Patch 14557 (20 May 2016)
NOTE! ADD +++ TOWN EVENTS - bonus recruits, extra supplies, facility closures, and more! Each event is presented with unique key art and commentary by the Narrator (Wayne June), and many are supported with additional in-game art. Be warned, The Hamlet is not as safe as it once was… (Note: you can adjust the frequence of Town Events in the OPTIONS menu, although they are mandatory for NG+)
NOTE! ADD +++ Hamlet Polish: Various lighting FX and smoke added to the Hamlet.
NOTE! ADD +++ Added a Default Party Order Button, find it on your Map in a dungeon!
NOTE! ADD +++ Loot All - now keybound to SPACEBAR
NOTE! ADD +++ Credits - Accessible from the options menu, we are proud to list thousands of backers who helped bring this project to life! Oh, and us too.
NOTE! ADD +++ ESC and ENTER now dismisses Single Prompt Confirmation Windows (i.e. full inventory warning prompt)
NOTE! ADD +++ Added confirm for when you don’t have any combat skills selected.
NOTE! ADD +++ Jester “Finale” skill now hits with more punch!
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed riposte bugs with stats not applying from riposte skill.
NOTE! ADD +++ Click to skip quirk-driven curio interaction bark.
NOTE! ADD +++ Fix to estate not being saved when heroes are dismissed. (This will fix trinkets getting lost in town.)
NOTE! ADD +++ Trap disarm tooltip in tray now takes difficulty into account to accurately display chance.
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed up tooltips for Russian localization
NOTE! ADD +++ Fix heirloom exchange bugs:
NOTE! ADD +++
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed max not being accessible for transfer amounts.
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed not being able to close it when it’s open and you purchase in such a way that you end up with 0 heirlooms.
NOTE! ADD +++
NOTE! ADD +++ Adjusted 'Field Dressing' camping skill to fix bug
NOTE! ADD +++ Fix to estate saving in provision screen resulting in lost money.
NOTE! ADD +++ Fix to retreat outside of plot quest.
NOTE! ADD +++ Fix to captured dead heroes (Crew, Cauldron, Siren) not dying after quest.
NOTE! ADD +++ Activity log now will log stress heal with buff
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed Shambler corpses not being large
NOTE! ADD +++ Fix to missing crit lines for Musketeer
NOTE! ADD +++ Unequip trinket for hero who dies in retreat and add the trinket to raid finish inventory.
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed up incompatible quirks awarded at the end of a raid.
NOTE! ADD +++ Bookshelves and Book stacks can now drop Journal Pages
NOTE! ADD +++ The Town Crier can now be found enjoying the various stress relief facilities in the Hamlet once the town grows a bit
NOTE! ADD +++ Added Temporary English text for all the new text for other Languages. (Localization is being worked and should be done soon).
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed Bug Quirk Gained from Facility Usage not Replacing Quirk correctly
NOTE! ADD +++ Various UI fixes
NOTE! ADD +++
NOTE! ADD +++ Hotfix
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed Missing Town Event Subtitles
NOTE! ADD +++ Week of Death added to Graveyard
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed Missing VO lines for certain Town Events
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed to DD ‘Glitch’ offset for Ruins Dungeon on Embark Screen
NOTE! ADD +++ Fix to upgrades destroyed crash from town invasion

NOTE! CHANGED Darkest Dungeon, file_size: 1.4 GB ***TO*** 1.5 GB
From MaGog's logs for 20 May (part 2 of 2):

NOTE! Probably CHANGED FILE Enter the Gungeon, all_files, Windows installer, English, dl_ver: 1.0.8 (gog-11) ***TO*** 1.0.9 (gog-12)

NOTE! Probably CHANGED FILE Enter the Gungeon, all_files, Mac OS X installer, English, dl_ver: 1.0.8 (gog-28) ***TO*** 1.0.9 (gog-29)

NOTE! Probably CHANGED FILE Enter the Gungeon, all_files, DLC: Collector's Edition Upgrade: Mac OS X installer, English, dl_ver: 1.0.0 (gog-27) ***TO*** 1.0.0 (gog-29)

NOTE! CHANGED Enter the Gungeon, changelog (http://www.an-ovel.com/downloads/chg/chg_1456912569.htm)
NOTE! ADD +++ Patch 1.0.9 (20 May 2016)
NOTE! ADD +++ The Linux version will be updated ASAP.
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed a bug which could cause level generation to hang indefinitely
NOTE! ADD +++ Mimics no longer teleport when re-entering their room, and can now follow you out of reward rooms
NOTE! ADD +++ Explosions can no longer hit players through walls
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed a bug which could cause you to get stuck in a conversation if the shopkeeper teleported away while you were talking to him
NOTE! ADD +++ The Compass now works in Bullet Hell
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed input issues when using the left stick in the slow motion gun select mode
NOTE! ADD +++ Improved the feel of using the left stick to navigate menu options
NOTE! ADD +++ Reduced memory usage of lights and the Ammonomicon (may help with memory related crashes)
NOTE! ADD +++ Angering the main shopkeeper will no longer cause other shop types to have no inventory
NOTE! ADD +++ The dog will no longer damage the portable turret on contact
NOTE! ADD +++ Projectile traps are now affected by the Aged Bell
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed an issue where sharks from the Compressed Air Tank couldn't hit bosses that exist in pits (e.g. DraGun, )
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed an issue where Table Tech Sight (and similar items) combined poorly with shotguns and similar weapons
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed an issue where some players couldn't retry the tutorial
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed a bug caused by dying to flames while holding the Clone item
NOTE! ADD +++ Changing characters in the Breach after purchasing a round of Blessed Gun mode no longer breaks the mode
NOTE! ADD +++ Gatling Gull's melee attack no longer ignores the Ethereal state
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed a bug which caused some rooms to spawn with no enemies if the player is cursed
NOTE! ADD +++ Young Beholsters spawned by the Eye of the Beholster will no longer attack (secret character unlock)
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed an issue which could cause players to get stuck in a conversation with the Cop when he dies
NOTE! ADD +++ Receiving the Gunsling King reward now immediately increments your number of wins (it's no longer necessary to speak directly to the King afterward)
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed a bug where some table tech effects would persist forever if you dropped the item while they were active
NOTE! ADD +++ Homing bullets caught by the Red Wizard now behave correctly
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed a bug where the first attack of the DraGun's second phase could be skipped
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed an exploit where the DraGun fight could be cheesed with flight items
NOTE! ADD +++ Damaging companions no longer restores the player's active item cooldowns
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed an exploit where players could hide in boss doors that spawned to the north of boss rooms Shotgun Full of Love no longer takes 2 ammo per shot
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed a problem with the Gunknight Armor set when used by the Marine
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed the death animation for the Gunknight Armor set
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed a UI bug which could prevent ammo for displaying for Mahoguny
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed some Fast Scaling visual bugs (Jammed effect on projectiles now shows, fixed some issues with boss transitions)
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed some string issues in several translated lines of dialogue (heart symbols, wavy text for the Ledge Goblin)
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed some animation issues when (secret character) has a flight item
NOTE! ADD +++ Left click will now always work in menus, even if the default keyboard shoot button has been rebound
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed a bug caused by using an escape rope while riding in a mine cart

NOTE! ADDED FILE Ground Control 2: Operation Exodus Special Edition, downloadables, Mac OS X installer, French (ground_control_2_french_2.1.0.9.pkg; 1.0.0.8 (gog-9); Fri, 20 May 2016 15:07:19 GMT; 672,470,504)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Ground Control 2: Operation Exodus Special Edition, downloadables, Mac OS X installer, Spanish (ground_control_2_spanish_2.1.0.9.pkg; 1.0.0.8 (gog-9); Fri, 20 May 2016 15:07:22 GMT; 664,085,995)

NOTE! CHANGED Ground Control 2: Operation Exodus Special Edition, changelog (http://www.an-ovel.com/downloads/chg/chg_1207658782.htm)
NOTE! RMV --- The Mac version is in progress.

NOTE! Probably CHANGED FILE Valhalla Hills, all_files, Linux installer, English, dl_ver: 1.04.07 (gog-3) ***TO*** 1.05.17 (gog-4)

NOTE! Probably REMOVED FILE Valhalla Hills, all_files, DLC: Sands of the Damned DLC & Two-Horned Helmet In-Game Items: Windows installer, English (dl_ver: 1.04.07 (gog-4))

NOTE! Probably ADDED FILE Valhalla Hills, all_files, DLC: Sands of the Damned DLC & Fire Mountains & Bonus In-Game Items: Windows installer, English, dl_ver: ***TO*** 1.05.17 (gog-5)

NOTE! Probably REMOVED FILE Valhalla Hills, all_files, DLC: Sands of the Damned DLC & Two-Horned Helmet In-Game Items: Mac OS X installer, English (dl_ver: 1.04.07 (gog-4))

NOTE! Probably ADDED FILE Valhalla Hills, all_files, DLC: Sands of the Damned DLC & Fire Mountains & Bonus In-Game Items: Mac OS X installer, English, dl_ver: ***TO*** 1.05.17 (gog-10)

NOTE! Probably REMOVED FILE Valhalla Hills, all_files, DLC: Sands of the Damned DLC & Two-Horned Helmet In-Game Items: Linux installer, English (dl_ver: 1.04.07 (gog-2))

NOTE! Probably ADDED FILE Valhalla Hills, all_files, DLC: Sands of the Damned DLC & Fire Mountains & Bonus In-Game Items: Linux installer, English, dl_ver: ***TO*** 1.05.17 (gog-1)

[No changelog]
From MaGog's logs for 20 May:

NOTE! CHANGED Black Mirror, The, title_de: Black Mirror ***TO*** Black Mirror: Der dunkle Spiegel der Seele
mrkgnao:
Congratulations to post # 13000. This results in an average of 9 posts per day in this thread (total 1410 d).
mrkgnao:
Crimson: Congratulations to post # 13000. This results in an average of 9 posts per day in this thread (total 1410 d).
Well, I'm responsible for only 2,293 of those.
JudasIscariot: snip
Just bought Master of Orion (the new 2016 one) and it appears to have achievements based on what Galaxy is showing on the page while I wait for it to download. It's not listed on the store page though.

Wonder how many other games actually have achievements (or other Galaxy features) but aren't being listed as such?
Is the new Terraria update today or am I week ahead of myself?

Not that I need it. I had planned to do something with my life today. If that shows up I'm looking at a another solid month of being useless. :P
mk47at: My idea of an explaination: The previously included wine version doesn't work on Arch Linux. This way the package works on a larger number of distributions.
eiii: When I should guess I rather would assume an incompatibility between Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04, as these are the supported platforms. That the new mechanism probably works on a larger number of Linux distributions is just a pleasant side effect. :)

But that's only a guess. A confirmation and maybe some details still would be interesting. Also a reason why they do not do the same for the DOSBox games, at least for those games which run on the latest, unmodified DOSBox version (which is the vast majority, as far as I know).
maybe try and reply here
then perhaps your inquiry reaches the right people :)
tinyE: Is the new Terraria update today or am I week ahead of myself?

Not that I need it. I had planned to do something with my life today. If that shows up I'm looking at a another solid month of being useless. :P
Terraria update will hit on sunday for Windows, Monday for others.
tinyE: Is the new Terraria update today or am I week ahead of myself?

omega64: Terraria update will hit on sunday for Windows, Monday for others.
thank you omega :D
JudasIscariot: snip
BKGaming: Just bought Master of Orion (the new 2016 one) and it appears to have achievements based on what Galaxy is showing on the page while I wait for it to download. It's not listed on the store page though.

Wonder how many other games actually have achievements (or other Galaxy features) but aren't being listed as such?
Thanks and fixed :)
BKGaming: Just bought Master of Orion (the new 2016 one) and it appears to have achievements based on what Galaxy is showing on the page while I wait for it to download. It's not listed on the store page though.

JudasIscariot: Thanks and fixed :)
Hmmm I see it on the store page but it still doesn't show when you click achievements from the list of features... does this take a while to update or something.

EDIT: It's showing now.
Post edited May 22, 2016 by BKGaming
immi101: maybe try and reply here
then perhaps your inquiry reaches the right people :)
Thanks for the hint! I'll watch that thread.
From MaGog's logs for 21 May:

NOTE! CHANGED Master of Orion: Collector's Edition [In Dev], features: Single-player, Multi-player ***TO*** Single-player, Multi-player, Achievements