It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Loenas: It seems to me that Broken Sword 3 lost all of its language pack files, but the main exe didn't change. So did the translations get lost?
DyNaer: nope, the language packs were no more necessary. (for those languages)
Correct :)
DyNaer: nope, the language packs were no more necessary. (for those languages)
JudasIscariot: Correct :)
Sorry, I'm still confused.

setup_broken_sword3_2.0.0.1.exe was not modified since March 2014, when there were still four language pack files, one each for french, german, italian and spanish. All four of those are now gone.
Since August of last year there is a separate installer exe for french.

Now the language packs are gone, but there are no separate installers for german, italian or spanish. So it looks to me like the translations are gone too. What am I missing?
Loenas: Sorry, I'm still confused.

setup_broken_sword3_2.0.0.1.exe was not modified since March 2014, when there were still four language pack files, one each for french, german, italian and spanish. All four of those are now gone.

Now the language packs are gone, but there are no separate installers for german, italian or spanish. So it looks to me like the translations are gone too. What am I missing?
I am at home right now and on Linux so I can't really verify everything atm but if you want, download the file and see if you can change the language. Plus I am testing a download for someone else atm as well :)

The game has two installers:

(1) Windows installer, English+German+Italian+Spanish, ver. gog-1 [setup_broken_sword3_2.0.0.1.exe; Fri, 24 Jan 2014 02:51:47 GMT; 1,185,798,192]

(2) Windows installer, French, ver. gog-3 [setup_broken_sword3_french_2.1.0.3.exe; Mon, 17 Nov 2014 12:34:44 GMT; 1,174,313,240]

which, AFAIU, together cover all the five languages. The language packs could probably have been deleted back in 2014, but somebody forgot to do it.

P.S. Based on GOG data. Did not try to actually install the files.
Post edited February 12, 2016 by mrkgnao

ok to be clear ^_^

i will take my example : (and that's not a good example :[ )

since i download only english & french installers (french installer if avaible)

if i only use the english installer then i don't need anything else : so the installer is still the 2.0.0.1 (gog-1) : file name is "setup_broken_sword3_2.0.0.1.exe" (as mentioned above the english installer seems to have others languages integrated except french)

now if i want to play the french version, i need to download the french installer 2.1.0.3 (gog-3) file name is : "setup_broken_sword3_french_2.1.0.3.exe"

previously i have only to download the language pack, now it's the full installer.

that's the reason i stated it's much bigger.

to access to different language there's the pull down menu (with different languages)

is that ok ?

i think in your case , you need to follow what mrkgnao said, unless you want to play with the french version ;P
heck i didn't even know the french version got a special treatment o_o ,i know that's not very logical.
Post edited February 12, 2016 by DyNaer
I'm a little confused. I got an update notification for Alpha Centauri earlier.

There's the download which is GOG-23.
The changelog says today's new version version is GOG-14.
Then there's a universal patch to some version 2.0.2.

I think I'm too thick to get the system behind this.
toxicTom: I'm a little confused. I got an update notification for Alpha Centauri earlier.

changelog is for the MAC version ;)

windows's one is GOG-23
mac's one is GOG-14

the universal patch is useless (unless you have an older version and don't want to redownload the full game)

well, adding the gog version in the changelog header isn't great , if there're different version number in each OS.....it just adds confusion if you ask me.
Post edited February 12, 2016 by DyNaer
DyNaer: changelog is for the MAC version ;)

windows's one is GOG-23
mac's one is GOG-14

the universal patch is useless (unless you have an older version and don't want to redownload the full game)

well, adding the gog version in the changelog header isn't great , if there're different version number in each OS.....
A-ha. Thanks for clearing that up. Maybe the version should have an OS code included:

GOG-W23
GOG-M14
GOG-L??
toxicTom: I'm a little confused. I got an update notification for Alpha Centauri earlier.

Hence the reason I usually enter a phrase such as "This update is for the Mac version of <GAME TITLE>" :) If I missed it for Alpha Centauri I can correct it :)
JudasIscariot: Hence the reason I usually enter a phrase such as "This update is for the Mac version of <GAME TITLE>" :) If I missed it for Alpha Centauri I can correct it :)
i don't think you did something wrong ;) , but i think to avoid confusion the header should be clear.

<insert OS> Update GOG-<xx> Date <dd/mm/yy>

well just an idea.
Post edited February 13, 2016 by DyNaer
JudasIscariot: Hence the reason I usually enter a phrase such as "This update is for the Mac version of <GAME TITLE>" :) If I missed it for Alpha Centauri I can correct it :)
No it says:

- We've updated the Mac version of Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri.
- Fixed an issue with saving. The game should now save & load properly
- Fixed an issue where the game's configuration settings (graphics, audio, etc.) would not be saved. They should work as intended now.
I misunderstood this, since it looks like 3 different bullets.

"We've updated the Mac version of Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri" should be some heading with a colon -> :
That would make it more clear.
Sorry I'm tired and have a fever, so my attention isn't that great. But no harm done, I just downloaded everything again. I have no transfer limit and it's not Witcher 3 ;-)
Post edited February 13, 2016 by toxicTom

JudasIscariot: I am at home right now and on Linux so I can't really verify everything atm but if you want, download the file and see if you can change the language. Plus I am testing a download for someone else atm as well :)
Ok, I installed it. Neither the installer allows to choose the language, nor is there any language selector inside the game. So I think that support for the three languages German, Italian, and Spanish is now gone. Can you please check what happened?
high rated
JudasIscariot: I am at home right now and on Linux so I can't really verify everything atm but if you want, download the file and see if you can change the language. Plus I am testing a download for someone else atm as well :)
Loenas: Ok, I installed it. Neither the installer allows to choose the language, nor is there any language selector inside the game. So I think that support for the three languages German, Italian, and Spanish is now gone. Can you please check what happened?
Did the same. I too cannot find a way to change languages.
Good work, Loenas. Once more, your perseverance saves the day. Thank you.
Now let's hope GOG restores the files (or explains how to change languages).
Post edited February 13, 2016 by mrkgnao
Loenas: [...]
mrkgnao: [...]
Will be fixed today / tomorrow.
DoctorGOGgles: Could you also please explain what changed in the "Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich" update?

The new 2.1.0.6 setup is over 100 MB smaller than the old 2.0.0.3 setup (733MB vs 879 MB). Was something removed from the game or is it just better compression?

I'm asking because the changelog is still missing ;-)
JudasIscariot: Better compression :)
Better compression as "we made sound files more compressed/worse quality" or better compression as installer is better compressed, but after unpacking the game is the same as before?