It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Crosmando: Jesus Christ stop sperging out. If GOG flagged a file for update every time they repackaged it in the new 2.0 installer, when the only thing they are changing is the installer and the shortcut icon (nothing about the game itself) then users would be thinking they had to redownload the game, wasting bandwidth because they thought it was super important.

It's a temporary issue anyway, once GOG has all the old repackaged games in the 2.0 installer then that'll be that.
You miss a point , some of us , keep the md5 value for the files, since for .bin files there's no way to have a digital signature.

temporary issue ? 6 months + that's happening , without counting the updates of some 2.x installers which ain't flagged.

Sorry, if there a change it worth a notification. i asked an alternate solution , with a regular script. or even better through the rss feeder.

If you're not concerned , fine , but some are. I got some supports tickets ignored. I got once an answer telling us we don't have to know all the updates. Sorry i'ù a customer, if there're a change there're worth montining whatever the importance of the change.

Oh the v2 installer , ain't for cosmectic uses.....

they are multiples solutions to solve this issue , but as far i know nothing as been adressed (i could have missed something.... that's true.)

Last thing , sure GOG is great , but the visibility for updates is chaotic. And there's only Judas posting in each game thread.. So yeah you have to check this thread & each game subforums....

if you can't understand fine again....

And yes , we are waiting a changelog coming with each update (a simple text file is enough)
Post edited July 10, 2013 by DyNaer
Crosmando: Jesus Christ stop sperging out. If GOG flagged a file for update every time they repackaged it in the new 2.0 installer, when the only thing they are changing is the installer and the shortcut icon (nothing about the game itself) then users would be thinking they had to redownload the game, wasting bandwidth because they thought it was super important.

It's a temporary issue anyway, once GOG has all the old repackaged games in the 2.0 installer then that'll be that.
I support what Crosmando.

Not only you guys ask GOG to do a lot of unnecessary job because you want to know which games were updated to 2.0, but also forget that this would make most people very angry. They would redownload their games only to discover there are no real changes.

But that's not true, some games do get improvements. Updated DOSBOX/ScummVM, added nGlide, small fixes like Shogo's little font changer thing (at least I think that's what it is.), etc.

Edit: Also don't forget about the compatibility setting bug the V2 installers fix.
Post edited July 11, 2013 by Fuzzyfireball
Fuzzyfireball: But that's not true, some games do get improvements. Updated DOSBOX/ScummVM, added nGlide, small fixes like Shogo's little font changer thing (at least I think that's what it is.), etc.

Edit: Also don't forget about the compatibility setting bug the V2 installers fix.
Well either way, GOG themselves have obviously weighed the pros and cons of flagging or not flagging 2.0 repackaging as updates, they obviously thought that it wasn't worth getting users to redownload entire games for changes which are small. Especially for those of us in parts of the world with a limited monthly bandwidth cap on downloads, it could be a big thing having to redownload multiple GB's every time GOG repackaged in the new 2.0.
Methinks, there is a middleway that GOG can take. It does take a little more effort on GOG's side, but would keep both those for "full" update flags , (IE updating to V2), and those who only want when something major got updated.

GOG can easily add, what can be termed as an minor update flag, but it's disabled by default in your user settings. thus when installers get updated to V2 or a minor fix, it wouldn't flag like it does currently for most, but with the setting activated it'll flag it for the user.
Tiny and Big update to 1.4 for Win+Mac: http://www.gog.com/forum/tiny_and_big/pc_mactiny_and_big_updated_to_version_14
New v2 installers for Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers and Legacy of Kain: Defiance. Tiny and Big even got a notification.
Gabelvampir: Tiny and Big even got a notification.
That's because it's not only an update to the v2 installer, but the game itself was also updated to the latest version 1.4.

SLP2000: I support what Crosmando.

Not only you guys ask GOG to do a lot of unnecessary job because you want to know which games were updated to 2.0, but also forget that this would make most people very angry. They would redownload their games only to discover there are no real changes.
Lat's take another point of view : gog actually doesn't flag v1 -> v2 installer

But if later a game which got a v2 installer got an update , the notification system normally will flag the game .so sooner of later the user will have to redownload the game to get the update. Tiny & Big is a good example , it got flagged because there's a patch alonside.

Running the downloader will tell if the game changed , if you try to redownload one in this situation : so we *know* if a game got a v2 installer. The situation is just that don't feel necessary to inform us via the notification system.

Let some of us maintain a md5 thread, if you ain't concerned fine.
Post edited July 11, 2013 by DyNaer
Reus got an updated installer. I think the update got implemented into it.
Conflict: Desert Storm got a V2 installer.
JMich: Reus got an updated installer. I think the update got implemented into it.
It doesn't gum up on me like the original installer, that's another plus, though it tries to install .NET 4 without checking to see if you already have it, there's got to be a better way to do that. Unless checking was what was causing the lag before...
JMich: Reus got an updated installer. I think the update got implemented into it.
Blackdrazon: It doesn't gum up on me like the original installer, that's another plus, though it tries to install .NET 4 without checking to see if you already have it, there's got to be a better way to do that. Unless checking was what was causing the lag before...
I think you should post this in the game subforum aswell.
SLP2000: I support what Crosmando.

You really missed the main point of having a changelog, didn't you?
I think a changelog would be helpful. After all, it's the user's choice of whether to actually download an updated file or not. A changelog could help them make that decision - if the update fixes a certain bug they'd be interested, but if it just updates the installer version without any other changes to the actual game they may not be interested. This would help people manage their bandwidth, time, and efforts.