It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: More or less. Never heard of Levenshtein, unless you count my ex-girlfriend, who had this surname.
Considered detecting a change in title with no other change, but thought it wasn't worth the trouble.
ssokolow: Well, there are plenty of implementations kicking around, so it shouldn't be too onerous if you feel like it. Just feed in two strings and it'll give you a number representing the total number of characters added, removed, and substituted to transform one into the other. (eg. "Windowx -> Windows" would be 1)

Just decide on a rule for a maximum allowable limit and you're ready to go. (Could be as simple as "if edit_distance < floor_division(len(title), 4)")
The string comparison is the least of my troubles.

You see, what will happen in effect is that:
1) MaGog has a hash (dictionary) of existing files (say 10 files per game), indexed by title
2) It identifies that a new file is not in the dictionary
3) Now it needs to iterate through all the dictionary files and compare the metadata to the new file (minimum one comparison, maximum four)
4) If a match is a found, apply your string comparison.
5) Repeat this for every file that is added.

Considering that probably >99% of the added files are truly added files and not title typo fixes, we will have hundreds if not thousands of unnecessary comparisons in step 3, only to rarely ever reach step 4. Add to this the slight extra code complexity and this is what I would consider "not worth the trouble".

It's not as if any information is lost this way. It is just presented in an inconvenient manner.
From MaGog's logs for 20 November:

NOTE! Probably CHANGED FILE Hand of Fate, all_files, Windows installer, English, dl_ver: 1.2.7 (gog-4) ***TO*** 1.3.0 (gog-6)

NOTE! Probably REMOVED FILE Hand of Fate, all_files, Patch 1.2.12 [Windows] (dl_ver: 1.2.7 (gog-4) > 1.2.12 (gog-5))

NOTE! Probably ADDED FILE Hand of Fate, all_files, Patch 1.3.0 [Windows], dl_ver: ***TO***

NOTE! Probably CHANGED FILE Hand of Fate, all_files, Mac OS X installer, English, dl_ver: 1.2.12 (gog-8) ***TO*** 1.3.0 (gog-9)

NOTE! Probably CHANGED FILE Hand of Fate, all_files, Linux installer, English, dl_ver: 1.2.12 (gog-6) ***TO*** 1.3.0 (gog-7)

NOTE! CHANGED Hand of Fate, changelog (http://www.an-ovel.com/downloads/chg/chg_1424100574.htm)
NOTE! ADD +++ Patch 1.3.0 (20 November 2015)
NOTE! ADD +++ Christmas holidays are fast approaching so to celebrate we will be releasing free content in the coming weeks.
NOTE! ADD +++ The first of four instalments is Winters Hunt.
NOTE! ADD +++ The myth of the White Minotaur may have some truth to it.
NOTE! ADD +++ This beast is master of both strength and magic but you are not the only person in this hunt.
NOTE! ADD +++ Heed the Song of the White Minotaur (this will be in your deck after the update) to begin your adventure.
NOTE! ADD +++
NOTE! ADD +++ Patch 1.2.14 (20 November 2015)
NOTE! ADD +++ Upgrade unity to fix a memory leak that has been causing crashes.
NOTE! ADD +++
NOTE! ADD +++ Patch 1.2.13 (20 November 2015)
NOTE! ADD +++ Add Ukrainian language
NOTE! ADD +++ Fix Russian font missing a % symbol
NOTE! ADD +++ Fix up some missing language substitutions in Japanese and Korean
NOTE! ADD +++ Incorporate some user Japanese edits
NOTE! ADD +++ Fix the Korean language name in selection
NOTE! ADD +++
NOTE! RMV --- Patch 1.2.7 (07.06.2015)
NOTE! ADD +++ Patch 1.2.7 (07 June 2015)

NOTE! CHANGED Hand of Fate, languages: Audio and text: German, English, Spanish, French, Hungarian, Japanese, Korean, Russian ***TO*** Audio and text: English. Text only: German, Spanish, French, Hungarian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Ukrainian

[Patch 1.2.7 was released on 6 July, not 7 June.]

NOTE! Probably ADDED FILE X3: Terran War Pack, all_files, Mod support patch [Windows], dl_ver: ***TO*** 3.2c (gog-4)

NOTE! Probably CHANGED FILE X3: Terran War Pack, all_files, Mac OS X installer, English, dl_ver: 3.1 (gog-2) ***TO*** 3.1 (gog-5) (same for all other languages)

NOTE! CHANGED X3: Terran War Pack, changelog (http://www.an-ovel.com/downloads/chg/chg_1441039322.htm)
NOTE! ADD +++ Update (20 November 2015)
NOTE! ADD +++ We've added a new patch to the Windows version of X3: Terran War Pack.
NOTE! ADD +++ We've also updated the Mac DMG file with the mod support fix and consolidated all of the supported languages into one DMG.
NOTE! ADD +++ The Linux version will be updated with this fix soon.
NOTE! ADD +++ This patch and Mac DMG update allows for better mod support for the DRM free version. In the previous GOG version of the game, the save games and other important files would be marked as "modified". This "modified" mark would prevent certain mods from working properly.
ssokolow: Well, there are plenty of implementations kicking around, so it shouldn't be too onerous if you feel like it. Just feed in two strings and it'll give you a number representing the total number of characters added, removed, and substituted to transform one into the other. (eg. "Windowx -> Windows" would be 1)

Just decide on a rule for a maximum allowable limit and you're ready to go. (Could be as simple as "if edit_distance < floor_division(len(title), 4)")
mrkgnao: The string comparison is the least of my troubles.

You see, what will happen in effect is that:
1) MaGog has a hash (dictionary) of existing files (say 10 files per game), indexed by title
2) It identifies that a new file is not in the dictionary
3) Now it needs to iterate through all the dictionary files and compare the metadata to the new file (minimum one comparison, maximum four)
4) If a match is a found, apply your string comparison.
5) Repeat this for every file that is added.

Considering that probably >99% of the added files are truly added files and not title typo fixes, we will have hundreds if not thousands of unnecessary comparisons in step 3, only to rarely ever reach step 4. Add to this the slight extra code complexity and this is what I would consider "not worth the trouble".

It's not as if any information is lost this way. It is just presented in an inconvenient manner.
I'd have triggered it on removal rather than adding since I get the impression that's less common, but I see your point.

(I'm just the kind of person who would have been a typical mac programmer back in the '90s. Maximize UI/UX comfort above all else.)
Post edited November 20, 2015 by ssokolow
JudasIscariot:
Hi Judas,
since the Linux version for X3 Terran War Pack will be updated soon, please take a look here.

Seems like we've found a fix. So maybe the included libraries (at least libGLEW) could be updated too.

Thanks.
JudasIscariot:
vanchann: Hi Judas,
since the Linux version for X3 Terran War Pack will be updated soon, please take a look here.

Seems like we've found a fix. So maybe the included libraries (at least libGLEW) could be updated too.

Thanks.
I'll pass it on to our Linux team and see what they think :)
MarkoH01: Only one captain flag for Resonance - and I was so hoping that GOG has received the original MIND update. The devs promised me that they will send it to GOG.
Or the Mac version of MIND that is NEVER coming best as i can tell...
Have we not got this update for Lords of Xulima yet?
http://steamcommunity.com/games/296570/announcements/detail/79172271466605369

My version doesn't read 2.0.
Crosmando: Have we not got this update for Lords of Xulima yet?

No, not yet. The devs are working on a solution that will work with the DRM free version of the game since the 2.0 update is mostly Workshop support.
From MaGog's logs for 23 November:

NOTE! CHANGED Valhalla Hills: Two-Horned Helmet Edition [Season Pass] [Premium] [Upcoming], bonuses: Viking Diary (behind the scenes, English), Viking Diary (behind the scenes, German) ***TO*** 4 wallpapers, soundtrack (FLAC), soundtrack (MP3), Viking Diary (behind the scenes, English), Viking Diary (behind the scenes, German), artbook, autographed card
A notice reagarding Renowned Explorers: International Society popped up, but I dont think it updated.
Crosmando: Have we not got this update for Lords of Xulima yet?

JudasIscariot: No, not yet. The devs are working on a solution that will work with the DRM free version of the game since the 2.0 update is mostly Workshop support.
Game balance updates are minor? :P
JudasIscariot: No, not yet. The devs are working on a solution that will work with the DRM free version of the game since the 2.0 update is mostly Workshop support.
omega64: Game balance updates are minor? :P
In comparison to Workshop support? Depends on who you ask about that, to be honest :)
high rated
Legends of Eisenwald got an update:
Patch gog-3 (23rd November 2015)

Achievements are now unlockable for Legends of Eisenwald
The browser download link for Legends of Eisenwald gives a 404 - Not Found error. The GOG Downloader link works.
Post edited November 23, 2015 by HypersomniacLive
HypersomniacLive: Legends of Eisenwald got an update:

The browser download link for Legends of Eisenwald gives a 404 - Not Found error. ...
Browser download worked for me 5 minutes ago.
ottokarsubke: Browser download worked for me 5 minutes ago.
Well, it does now for me too.