It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fuzzyfireball: Not sure if this is new, but the Mac version of Theme Hospital got an update.
This was new. I had version 1.0.0.2 and the new one is 1.0.0.3

Good catch! Thanks again.
Looks like La Mulana got another update (2.0.2).

Changelog from Sub-Forum.
If a blue sees this, La Mulana has a typo. "sountrack"
DyNaer: they could have used another system , rather using dropdown menu

putting small country flag icons like the ones u see on some site when u have to choose a language , for a game bundle wiith multiple languages , simply an icon representative of this.

i must say ; though it's clarify the previous confusion though

my 2 cents ^^
It's generally bad practice to use country flags in computer software for language selection. I learned this while working for a major operating system vendor previously in which the Taiwan flag appeared for simplified Chinese, and the Chinese flag appeared for Traditional Chinese. The Chinese government was not happy about the Taiwanese flag being recognized as valid and demanded it be removed from the software. The options on the table were to create a custom version of the OS just for mainland China which did not reflect the Taiwanese flag, or to remove all flags entirely and remove this from being a problem universally. There was one other instance in which a flag related issue arose due to political pressure.

In the end it was deemed that recognizing any flags at all in the software was a bad idea because it does invoke a political statement intentional or otherwise in some parts of the world, and that it was best to avoid any kind of political issues by removing all flags entirely and changing the language selection to be textually based. The overhead of maintaining different releases of the OS for different countries was not worth it.

Not that it's likely the Chinese government would be likely to respond in kind to a video game company on this scale, but I pass along the lesson's learned in the industry nonetheless so others don't make the same mistake and have to clean it up after. ;o) As a software house, it's just best to remain as apolitical as possible to reduce costs of dealing with these type of issues down the line.

Oh, also I should mention that we live in a changing world where countries that are here today may not be here tomorrow, where borders are redrawn from time to time, and where flags and other national symbolism changes over time etc. Additionally, many countries have more than one national language, and any given language may have more than one country which speaks it as their own native language.
Post edited June 20, 2013 by mharris
DyNaer: they could have used another system , rather using dropdown menu

putting small country flag icons like the ones u see on some site when u have to choose a language , for a game bundle wiith multiple languages , simply an icon representative of this.

i must say ; though it's clarify the previous confusion though

my 2 cents ^^
mharris: It's generally bad practice to use country flags in computer software for language selection. I learned this while working for a major operating system vendor previously in which the Taiwan flag appeared for simplified Chinese, and the Chinese flag appeared for Traditional Chinese. The Chinese government was not happy about the Taiwanese flag being recognized as valid and demanded it be removed from the software. The options on the table were to create a custom version of the OS just for mainland China which did not reflect the Taiwanese flag, or to remove all flags entirely and remove this from being a problem universally. There was one other instance in which a flag related issue arose due to political pressure.

In the end it was deemed that recognizing any flags at all in the software was a bad idea because it does invoke a political statement intentional or otherwise in some parts of the world, and that it was best to avoid any kind of political issues by removing all flags entirely and changing the language selection to be textually based. The overhead of maintaining different releases of the OS for different countries was not worth it.

Not that it's likely the Chinese government would be likely to respond in kind to a video game company on this scale, but I pass along the lesson's learned in the industry nonetheless so others don't make the same mistake and have to clean it up after. ;o) As a software house, it's just best to remain as apolitical as possible to reduce costs of dealing with these type of issues down the line.

Oh, also I should mention that we live in a changing world where countries that are here today may not be here tomorrow, where borders are redrawn from time to time, and where flags and other national symbolism changes over time etc. Additionally, many countries have more than one national language, and any given language may have more than one country which speaks it as their own native language.
I didn't mean to use country flag regardless the country, but the language(s). But i didn't think a second about the politcal stuff. Of course many countries have multiple languages.

IE : i'm french , some people who reside in Canada speak French and English (so yeah multiple languages in the same country) : I don't think the Canada / French governement will dispute each other for something like this. Now i trust you about some others countries could react differently. But basicaly it's a just a political reason.

There're plenty website with country flags, i never thought one of them would cause any issue....

Oh, well , was just an idea, Actually GOG, added some comment in the download section , if a game installer is bundle with multiples languages or not. So that's less confusing than préviously.
Post edited June 20, 2013 by DyNaer
DyNaer: I didn't mean to use country flag regardless the country, but the language(s). But i didn't think a second about the politcal stuff. Of course many countries have multiple languages.

IE : i'm french , some people who reside in Canada speak French and English (so yeah multiple languages in the same country) : I don't think the Canada / French governement will dispute each other for something like this. Now i trust you about some others countries could react differently. But basicaly it's a just a political reason.

There're plenty website with country flags, i never thought one of them would cause any issue....

Oh, well , was just an idea, Actually GOG, added some comment in the download section , if a game installer is bundle with multiples languages or not. So that's less confusing than préviously.
Yeah, I'm Canadian and English is my forte, but someone from Quebec would be more likely to be French-only or at least have French as their primary language, so it's a good example where country flags are a poor solution to this particular problem.

There are many websites that use flags, and many software applications/games also. It's not a problem until it becomes a problem - that's the problem. ;) We just learned that since it's a poor solution to the problem of language selection and that it has potential political and/or other issues, it wasn't worth using.

Another possible solution is to just use Klingon for everything exclusively and not provide any other language options. Hehehe.
tfishell: If a blue sees this, La Mulana has a typo. "sountrack"
What typo? >.>
JudasIscariot: What typo? >.>
I'll let it slide because you or somebody else fixed "ecourage" in the Create New Topic box. ;-)
Post edited June 20, 2013 by tfishell
JudasIscariot: What typo? >.>
Poor "d". Alone and forgotten... sob...
Sensible World of Soccer 96/97 got a patch update.
UnEpic got an updated installer.
I just noticed the archive containing the Baldur's Gate 1 soundtrack has a different filename now.
But the only thing that changed seems to be a fixed numbering of the last track, the archove even has the same size as before.
Gabelvampir: I just noticed the archive containing the Baldur's Gate 1 soundtrack has a different filename now.
But the only thing that changed seems to be a fixed numbering of the last track, the archove even has the same size as before.
you're right the downloader offered to download the OST again >.>
Gabelvampir: I just noticed the archive containing the Baldur's Gate 1 soundtrack has a different filename now.
Good catch.
Some more unflagged updates:

Alien Breed + Tower Assault 2.0.0.32
Kingpin: Life of Crime 2.0.0.6 (back to 2.0)