It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I still find GOG's patching system pretty confusing and not that user-friendly...

If, in my browser, I open the drop down menu on a game in my library, there is no Changelog option. I have to left-click on the game first, to open the download view, and then click on the second drop down menu called "MORE" to find "Changelogs.

The Changelog for Shadowrun Hong Kong says "Patch 3.0.4 (08.31.2015)".
The Download section says "Patch 3.0.5 3.0.3 (GOG-1) -> 3.0.5 (GOG-3)".
The file name of the patch is called "patch_shadowrun_hong_kong_2.0.2.3.exe".

I guess the "3.0.4" vs. "3.0.5" is an oversight in this case, but I'll never understand why the file names need to be labeled differently than the actual game versions, and why GOG needs to have 2+ slightly different menus and settings pages for everything instead of offering all options in one central place.
Post edited August 31, 2015 by Leroux
Leroux: but I'll never understand why the file names need to be labeled differently than the actual game versions
Let's say GOG had a 1995 game two years ago, and had an installer that works just fine. Let's call said installer 2.1.41 and it has game version 1.41. Windows 10 comes out, and the game no longer works. GOG finds the needed fix (add a dll if on Windows 10), then repackages the installer. Shall they keep the 2.1.41 installer number, or will they have to change it, even though the game version remains at 1.41, or should they change the installer number?
Leroux: but I'll never understand why the file names need to be labeled differently than the actual game versions
JMich: Let's say GOG had a 1995 game two years ago, and had an installer that works just fine. Let's call said installer 2.1.41 and it has game version 1.41. Windows 10 comes out, and the game no longer works. GOG finds the needed fix (add a dll if on Windows 10), then repackages the installer. Shall they keep the 2.1.41 installer number, or will they have to change it, even though the game version remains at 1.41, or should they change the installer number?
It could at least be a little clearer what the numbers are supposed to mean. In your example, I guess they would rename it to something like 3.1.41 then? But in my example, I don't find the "3.0.5" patch number reflected in the "2.0.2.3" file name.
Changelog for Shadowrun: Hong Kong
Stickied for graet justice :P
JudasIscariot: Stickied for graet justice :P
Thank you!
JMich: Let's say GOG had a 1995 game two years ago, and had an installer that works just fine. Let's call said installer 2.1.41 and it has game version 1.41. Windows 10 comes out, and the game no longer works. GOG finds the needed fix (add a dll if on Windows 10), then repackages the installer. Shall they keep the 2.1.41 installer number, or will they have to change it, even though the game version remains at 1.41, or should they change the installer number?
i think there are (at least) two problem with the current approach:

- the installer version does not only change if GOG changes the installer, but also if the game version changes. And the 4-digit scheme is way too complex. I think only GOG stuff knows what the several parts in there actually mean.
It would be better to replace that with a single number that only represents the current installer revision.

- both version numbers are kept seperate, ie the installer file only shows the installer version 2.1.41 while the changelog mentions only the update to game version 1.41. It would be better to stick the game version together with the installer revision(see last point). And then always use it together like this.

so it would be 1.41-r1, or 1.41-rev1 or 1.41-gog1 or something like that. and when gog repackages the installer it goes to 1.41-gog2. and when the game version changes you go to 1.42-gog1.
Just take a look how linux distributions handle this.
(You could even argue about omitting the revision number for the first version. so you go 1.41 -> 1.41-gog1 -> 1.41-gog2)

Back when the account overhaul was announced I actually thought they were going for a system like this. But their scheme of 1.41 (gogX) is only used in the library pages. The installer is still using the old version system and there is no way to see how the installer version correlates to the game version or the version listed in the changelog.
That is thouroughly confusing.
high rated
Long Live the Queen got two updates. From the changelogs:

Patch 1.3.21 (09.01.2015)
Plot fixes:

- Elodie no longer writes a letter to Charlotte if Charlotte's already in the castle.
- Delaying your marriage to Banion now shows up properly in the epilogue.
- Slight rewording of Internal Affairs 50 text.

Video tweaks:

- There's now a 'Snap to 1024x600' button, so you can fix the window size if you want everything pixel-perfect (the code has been there since forever, but the button wasn't being displayed).
- A system/image cursor toggle has been added. In image cursor mode, you get the magic wand from the prefs screen as your cursor. This is a hack to help LPers - normally, LLtQ will skip redrawing frames when possible to save CPU time and battery life. However, several video recording programs don't work well at low/variable framerates (or work just fine but ignore the cursor because that's drawn by the OS rather than the game.). Using an image cursor forces more frequent redraws, as every mouse movement will then trigger redraw.

Patch 1.3.22 (09.01.2015)

- minor fixes for Mac version.
Post edited September 01, 2015 by HypersomniacLive
HypersomniacLive: Long Live the Queen got an update. From the changelog:

Patch 1.3.22 (09.01.2015)

- minor fixes for Mac version
Do a refresh :) There is another changelog under that one that was added today :)
JudasIscariot: Do a refresh :) There is another changelog under that one that was added today :)
Oops, completely missed that, cheers.
Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition got an update today.

Patch 1.5 (09.01.2015)

This is an official update from GamesFarm, the developer of Heretic Kingdoms.
The version number of the game has not changed.
For non-Galaxy users: all of the supported languages are now in one installer.
Fixed problems with Windows Xp 32-bit.
Resolved one crash
Post edited September 01, 2015 by WinterSnowfall
high rated
And no update flag for Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition.

This is getting more and more random. *sigh*
HypersomniacLive: And no update flag for Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition.

This is getting more and more random. *sigh*
same, not even surprised anymore
high rated
Changelog for <i>Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition</i>
Post edited September 02, 2015 by HypersomniacLive
Since you missed the 'H' in the title, I read it as Erotic Kingdoms, lol.