It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: [...]

P.S. I have noticed that GOG has fixed the issues I had mentioned in the preceding post. MaGog will report about this when it reaches Shadowgate on its next round of my library, which would be in about 48 hours (because if it accesses my library too often, GOG blocks my IP).
HypersomniacLive: IIRC, you contacted GOG about this. Did they ever reply to you?
This is a countermeasure for putting too much strain on the GOG servers. As far as I know due to my own scripts, only the number of requests during a certain timeframe (not sure how long it is, perhaps 24 hours?) count.

Suggestion for MaGOG to avoid these IP blocks: Bundle your requests as much as possible and avoid unneccessary ones.

Perhaps spreading the image / icons update over several days will help avoiding running into this.
HypersomniacLive: IIRC, you contacted GOG about this. Did they ever reply to you?
coffeecup: This is a countermeasure for putting too much strain on the GOG servers. As far as I know due to my own scripts, only the number of requests during a certain timeframe (not sure how long it is, perhaps 24 hours?) count.

Suggestion for MaGOG to avoid these IP blocks: Bundle your requests as much as possible and avoid unneccessary ones.

Perhaps spreading the image / icons update over several days will help avoiding running into this.
I have already attempted to minimise MaGog's accesses and I am already spreading downloadable file updates over several days, but it doesn't help. To wit, my IP is currently blocked again.

GOG had promised to whitelist MaGog's IP, but so far nothing has changed.
Post edited April 19, 2015 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: I have already attempted to minimise MaGog's accesses and I am already spreading downloadable file updates over several days, but it doesn't help. To wit, my IP is currently blocked again.

Here we go again... Should we give Firek a little nudge?
HypersomniacLive: On second thought, that's not quite accurate - we do get flags for BASS and Lure of the Temptress.
They don't appear to be/have been false flags, though I have no idea what changed.
With the current issues with updated flags missing and false flagging, I redownloaded them just to be sure. When moving them to my external disk, I noticed the following:
BASS was 78.0 MB and is now 78.6 MB, no change in version number.
LOTT was 19.1 MB and is now 19.5 MB, no change in version number.

Edit: both are the Windows versions.
Post edited April 19, 2015 by HertogJan
high rated
HertogJan: They don't appear to be/have been false flags, though I have no idea what changed.
With the current issues with updated flags missing and false flagging, I redownloaded them just to be sure. When moving them to my external disk, I noticed the following:
BASS was 78.0 MB and is now 78.6 MB, no change in version number.
LOTT was 19.1 MB and is now 19.5 MB, no change in version number.

Edit: both are the Windows versions.
BASS got a Linux version/ update like a month ago or something. None of them got a Windows update according to MaGog.
Did you get more than one flag for BASS and did you download it every time?

I agree though that with all the issues and silent updates behind the scenes, it's impossible to keep track of what one has downloaded/ backed up. MaGog is filling this gap, and it's not putting GOG in a positive light.
HypersomniacLive: BASS got a Linux version/ update like a month ago or something. None of them got a Windows update according to MaGog.
Did you get more than one flag for BASS and did you download it every time?

I agree though that with all the issues and silent updates behind the scenes, it's impossible to keep track of what one has downloaded/ backed up. MaGog is filling this gap, and it's not putting GOG in a positive light.
I recently downloaded them due to them being flagged. When I checked my external disk, I noticed the file size differences. So I redownloaded both of them again today just to be sure. Still that same difference.
To be clear, I'm talking about the English installer for both games.
Elbart noticed the same difference.
My old BASS installer is from 2013 and has the same MD5 as the GOGwiki is showing. I didn't bother to check LOTT.
HertogJan: I recently downloaded them due to them being flagged. When I checked my external disk, I noticed the file size differences. So I redownloaded both of them again today just to be sure. Still that same difference.
To be clear, I'm talking about the English installer for both games.
Elbart noticed the same difference.
My old BASS installer is from 2013 and has the same MD5 as the GOGwiki is showing. I didn't bother to check LOTT.
According to MaGog, the [url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=453&scp=g&dsp=igfrD&ord=t0&flt=tcs~Beneath~gal~adv~&opt=&myf=SunApr191233232015_empty_MoArAVXZWpsjQ]English installer[/url] for BASS is from Sun, 26 Jan 2014 23:13:16 GMT, and the [url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=453&scp=g&dsp=igfrD&ord=t0&flt=tcs~Temptress~gal~adv~&opt=&myf=SunApr191233502015_empty_RmgHZXe5QaJhY]one[/url] for Lure of the Temptress is from Fri, 24 Jan 2014 03:15:12 GMT.

It's quite possible that these were silent updates back then.

I still doubt that the recent flags they got were about these updates, I think that mrkgnao is right about the reason behind these flags.
When are we going to get another Beneath a Steel Sky update? It's been at least 3 days since the last one!
HypersomniacLive: According to MaGog, the [url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=453&scp=g&dsp=igfrD&ord=t0&flt=tcs~Beneath~gal~adv~&opt=&myf=SunApr191233232015_empty_MoArAVXZWpsjQ]English installer[/url] for BASS is from Sun, 26 Jan 2014 23:13:16 GMT, and the [url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=453&scp=g&dsp=igfrD&ord=t0&flt=tcs~Temptress~gal~adv~&opt=&myf=SunApr191233502015_empty_RmgHZXe5QaJhY]one[/url] for Lure of the Temptress is from Fri, 24 Jan 2014 03:15:12 GMT.

It's quite possible that these were silent updates back then.

I still doubt that the recent flags they got were about these updates, I think that mrkgnao is right about the reason behind these flags.
Both my versions were older, so they might indeed have been silent updates.
With all the changes recently I'm going to redownload my entire shelf sometime this year. Just wating till the update notifications get fixed.
high rated
Navagon: When are we going to get another Beneath a Steel Sky update? It's been at least 3 days since the last one!
Experiencing withdrawal symptoms, eh?
Navagon: When are we going to get another Beneath a Steel Sky update? It's been at least 3 days since the last one!
HypersomniacLive: Experiencing withdrawal symptoms, eh?
I'm just so confused! I've added it to the queue anyway. Maybe by the time the downloader gets to it there'll be another update.
high rated
Navagon: I'm just so confused! I've added it to the queue anyway. Maybe by the time the downloader gets to it there'll be another update.
Keep an eye out for a temptress that might try to lure you.
Navagon: I'm just so confused! I've added it to the queue anyway. Maybe by the time the downloader gets to it there'll be another update.
HypersomniacLive: Keep an eye out for a temptress that might try to lure you.
I'd be to the moon. But right now I await a return to normality.
i repost a link to my topic ; about what's broken in the website;

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_break_thread/page1
mrkgnao: I have already attempted to minimise MaGog's accesses and I am already spreading downloadable file updates over several days, but it doesn't help. To wit, my IP is currently blocked again.

HypersomniacLive: Here we go again... Should we give Firek a little nudge?
Yes, please. That would be nice.

Without GOG's intervention, the problem will become worse and worse, because as GOG adds more games to its catalogue, MaGog by definition needs to access more pages and/or files on the servers, and is therefore more likely to hit those unknown limits and trigger the IP blocking.