It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
JudasIscariot: Because I'll let you know about it? :P

edit: Yes, I mean it. Once those installers are fixed and uploaded, I will inform you guys of it.
Sorry, missed your reply yesterday - the flagging of new replies when one gets more than one in the same thread is also something that needs improvement.
Thanks for your efforts Judas, I'm counting on you letting us know about them - in lack of a better system, I've favorited this thread as to immediately spot any new posts in it.

JudasIscariot: snip
Plus, writing via the the contact us form will give actual numbers regarding the issue and how many people it affects.
snip
I get your position and your advice to us to contact support, but do you seriously think it's reasonable to expect every single person affected by a faulty installer to submit a support ticket? I'm sorry but I don't - the number of support tickets can't seriously be regarded as a reliable manner to measure the number of people affected; the number of people affected is by definition the number of people that bought the game in question, period.

See here - did JKHSawyer submit a support ticket? My guess would be that he/ she chose to post in this thread instead.
I am going to sumbnit one for Broken Sword Original just to be on the safe side, but expecting every one and all of us to do so is expecting too much and very customer friendly.
A sticky (thread) in the "General discussion" forum, as already suggested, created and maintained by GOG in which we could report such issues would be ideal.

The closest I could find the wishlist is this one - we either need to upvote it or someone eloquent could make a new entry?
All games will have 2.0 versions within a month (by the end of November). Most of the time the only difference is updated installer graphics though.
Thiev: All games will have 2.0 versions within a month (by the end of November). Most of the time the only difference is updated installer graphics though.
Does this include all Mac games?

Don't the 2.0 installers also make file verify optional and use a different (better) default install location?

Lastly, this comment begs the question what is different sometimes and how would we know?

I am glad you let us know the 2.0 updates process is nearing an end. That is welcome news.
Another FYI:

The Dark Falls 2: Lights Out installer 2.0.0.51 has no digital signature timestamp. The digital signature says it's OK, but there's no information other than the signer name (GOG Limited). It's the only one I've seen like that so far. The others have a time signature and a countersignature.
Post edited October 28, 2013 by adambiser
dirtyharry50: Don't the 2.0 installers also make file verify optional and use a different (better) default install location?
That's right, I spoke hastily. But basically what I meant was there are no game-related changes, just installer features shared by all 2.0 builds.

As far as I know, Mac games don't have installers at all, so such changes doesn't really apply to them.

adambiser: Another FYI:

The Dark Falls 2: Lights Out installer 2.0.0.51 has no digital signature timestamp. The digital signature says it's OK, but there's no information other than the signer name (GOG Limited). It's the only one I've seen like that so far. The others have a time signature and a countersignature.
That looks like a building glitch, I'll check it but it shouldn't influence the game itself.
Post edited October 28, 2013 by Thiev
Dont worry, only nerds use Macs.

/me runs
adambiser: Another FYI:

Thiev: That looks like a building glitch, I'll check it but it shouldn't influence the game itself.
I didn't think it was anything serious. It was just something I noticed and decided to mention.

I'm also glad that the 2.0 installers will be done for everything soon. Thanks for letting us know.
adambiser: I'm also glad that the 2.0 installers will be done for everything soon. Thanks for letting us know.
Believe me, you're nowhere as glad as I am...
>.>
<.<
So when is GOG going to shift to 3.0 installers, which have a triangle shaped shortcut icon?
Democracy 3 is now available for Mac :)
Thiev: All games will have 2.0 versions within a month (by the end of November). Most of the time the only difference is updated installer graphics though.
Thanks a lot for this news!
Crosmando: So when is GOG going to shift to 3.0 installers, which have a triangle shaped shortcut icon?
+1 ;o)

Sweet!

Someone started a new thread yesterday to track which games don't have the new installer yet. For those who wish to keep track over the next month or so, favourite this thread:

List of games that don't have v2 installers
Post edited October 28, 2013 by skeletonbow
In case any blues want to check these out:

According to my database, the following gamecard setups/patches have 'Not available' for the Digital Signature Timestamp.

tyrian_2000
populous
tomb_raider_123
tiny_and_big_grandpas_leftovers patch and setup
deus_ex_invisible_war
defenders_quest
syndicate_wars
pathologic German
great_battles_collectors_edition
leisure_suit_larry_magna_cum_laude_uncut_and_uncensored German and Italian
wizardry_6_7 Patch and German
dracula_4_shadow_of_the_dragon Italian and Spanish
amnesia_the_dark_descent
divinity_dragon_commander_imperial_edition DLC
rune_classic
dark_fall_lights_out Original version
"Don't Starve" got its installer(s) updated.
http://www.gog.com/forum/dont_starve/dont_starve_installer_s_have_been_updated_to_version_88307_pc_mac
Thiev: As far as I know, Mac games don't have installers at all, so such changes doesn't really apply to them.
Mac games do have installers which was why I asked the question although I did not expect to hear they'd be changed because they are far simpler than the Windows installers.

The Mac installers are just a disk image file that opens up to display the app and a link to the folder to install to which is typically the Applications folder and that is what I've seen the GOG installers do thus far. All the user has to do is drag the app to the link and it gets copied to the appropriate system folder. This results in a nice icon appearing automagically in Launchpad as well on later versions of OS X. I'm not sure what the behavior is for older versions of OS X. When the file copy is done the user just ejects the disk image and good to go.

That's probably more than you wanted to know but in case you were curious once I told they were simple installers, I figured I would explain them. It isn't common but occasionally one does see an installer that actually executes and copies files various places, etc. but normally on a Mac stuff just gets a simple installer or in the case of some retail stores like the Mac App Store and Steam for example, the install is automated following the download of course.
/me runs after you!
Post edited October 28, 2013 by dirtyharry50