It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For some reason https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/ (now closed) has been renamed 'The '.
Post edited July 15, 2022 by VanishedOne
Many thanks! Everything back to normal.
Exhodos: Many thanks! Everything back to normal.
Sorry for yet another purple dot, but just a little heads up:
Back in the periods where the notification system used to work (even if just somewhat), from what I remember, just opening the thread would be enough to clear the notification. No need to browse through countless posts to mark something as "read".

Or maybe you just needed to open the https://www.gog.com/forum/myrecentposts page for the notification to disappear automagically, but I can't be sure now.
_Auster_: Sorry for yet another purple dot, but just a little heads up:
Back in the periods where the notification system used to work (even if just somewhat), from what I remember, just opening the thread would be enough to clear the notification. No need to browse through countless posts to mark something as "read".

Or maybe you just needed to open the https://www.gog.com/forum/myrecentposts page for the notification to disappear automagically, but I can't be sure now.
Well it's not working, I have to use the Marko technique for the purple dot to disappear...
Exhodos: Many thanks! Everything back to normal.
_Auster_: Sorry for yet another purple dot, but just a little heads up:

Just opening the thread was enough. Ah, the good old days...
high rated
Forum, store... well pretty much everything broke for a few hours there.

It would have been nice if GOG had posted updates on their Social Media accounts to let customers know what was going on / and ETA on the fix.
Braggadar: Forum, store... well pretty much everything broke for a few hours there.

It would have been nice if GOG had posted updates on their Social Media accounts to let customers know what was going on / and ETA on the fix.
Seems to be quite something that you managed to post this. I keep getting errors, and the first attempt seems to have gotten lost in the void. Let's see about this one.
Cavalary: Seems to be quite something that you managed to post this. I keep getting errors, and the first attempt seems to have gotten lost in the void. Let's see about this one.
It's still quite flaky. But at least some user auth is working now. I could even browse the store a little inbetween brief outages.
Maybe DNS issues, again? API and now forum seem to be working, but the main page and promo pages seem to be broken.
That was a long outage. Wonder what caused it.
idbeholdME: That was a long outage. Wonder what caused it.
The Elders loaned the Internet to GOG's offices.

There was a physical altercation. Someone fell on the Internet and crushed it.
GOG Galaxy still down.
I lost two free games from my account. Daggerfall and Arena. I had to re-add them for them to appear again. Not cool.
Galaxy appears to be working for me at this moment, but it is still a little bit wonky. I'm still getting the occassional failed loading of the forum pages and need to retry and refresh.
Post edited July 22, 2022 by matterbandit
idbeholdME: That was a long outage. Wonder what caused it.
This has been the weirdest experience for me. The forums and my own account couldn't be accessed at one point, but the storefront home page still appeared fine. I had been noticing a mild case of this in the days leading up to it, so I kind of expected this one way or another.