It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

siulebuo: I do not have any card of this game, but in the Steam forums you can trade them 1:1 easy.

For example: http://steamcommunity.com/app/224420/tradingforum/618457398968550027/
Thankyou for that! I sent that user an offer. Just naiting to see what happens now.

First time attempting to trade on there. Steam Forum stufff generally intimidates me, so I hope there is no strange blowback or anything. That is why I usually like to do stuff away from the Steam forums.

If I may ask, how did you find that? It was pretty much exactly what I was after. I did attempt to look in the forums, but I just got lost and frustrated.
HeDanny: If I may ask, how did you find that?
In your Steam app, in Badges, click on the badge zone where you see the cards you have. Scroll down and you can see the cards you don't have. To the right there are a link to the trade forum for that game. All games have a forum and all forums have a trade section (well, maybe not all).
Post edited March 29, 2015 by siulebuo
HeDanny: If I may ask, how did you find that?
siulebuo: In your Steam app, in Badges, click on the badge zone where you see the cards you have. Scroll down and you can see the cards you don't have. To the right there are a link to the trade forum for that game. All games have a forum and all forums have a trade section (well, maybe not all).
I.. don't know how I didn't see that before. I must be blind to the obvious. Thanks mate.

Anyone here bother collecting cards? Any Tips for a noob who until the last week or so barely even bothered to check them?

Can the cards be used somehow? I've noticed that they all link to some pretty impressive Artwork (Wallpaper? Background?) but I can't see how to use that art for anything. It is just... there.. and pointless? Surely there is some use?

I've never seen a booster pack. Despite seeing "you are eligible..." for years, they never seem to drop. Any way to improve this?

I've been looking at some of the inventories, and oh boi some people have thousands of cards! how on earth does that happen? I'd be happy just to have full sets for the games I own. Not even all the games, just the ones I like the most (or with the nicest card art).

also, badges, emotes, etc? these are.. ?

Sorry for wall of questions.
HeDanny: Anyone here bother collecting cards? Any Tips for a noob who until the last week or so barely even bothered to check them?
Ok, I am not a expert (I started to "collect" cards only a few months ago), but I will try to answer your questions.

The cards have no use except to make badges (and to sell them for Steam credit). When you craft a badge it gives you: one badge level (there are 5 levels by badge), 100xp, one background and one icon. The backgrounds can be used in your steam profile (as a wallpaper). The icons can be used in your chat or forum posts. In special events (like summer os winter sale) crafting a badge can give you special things like season cards.

When you extract all game cards, you are eligible for a booster pack. With your Steam level you have more probabilities:
Level 10: +20%
Level 20: +40%
Level 30: +60%
Level 40: +80%
Level 50: +100% (double probability, not 100% prob.)
etc.

You can see it here: http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/faq/

I don't remember where I see that you need a certain level (maybe it is only my impression). I have my first at level 10 (I think). In the past 6 months I see 4 booster packs (I am now level 27 and are eligible for around 400 games).

If you want to trade cards, I recommend you the trade forum of this group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards

Edit: One more thing: to trade for the cards you want, you need cards that you do not want. For example, maybe you don't like this free game for indiegala: Mechanical Escape, but it have cards. Redeem it, extract cards, unistall and you have cards to trade for your afterfall insanity (maybe 2:1 or 3:1).
Post edited March 29, 2015 by siulebuo
[HAVE]
See my main Trading Post

[WANT] Main Priority

Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate
- the Joker

Before the Echo
- Anti-Spiral

Blood Knights
- Alysa | Bloodfox

Deadfall Adventures
- Egyptian Temple

Demonicon
- High Prophetess | Demon Master | Revelation

Deus Ex: The Fall
- Plasma

Killer is Dead
- Betty | Bryan | Koharu | Vivienne

Mars: War Logs
- Mole Queen | Sean

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
- Kinzie Kensington | Viola & KiKi DeWynter

Sniper Elite 3
- Karl Fairburne

Ys Origin
- Beyond | The Tower Awaits

Ys: The Oath in Felghana
- The Legend | Santa's Helpers | Wash Away | Beach Day

Zombie Driver HD
- School Time | Elimination Time

==
Lower Priority: in case I ever get enough for a lv5 badge
ANY card from ANY game I own HeDanny
ANY card from ANY game Patch owns Faerie Patch

==
Lowest Priority:
Any other cards. Seriously, any cards. At all.
I'll try trading them for ones I want from above.
Post edited November 24, 2015 by HeDanny
The upside: [H] 3,4,4,4,5,5,5,6,9 [W] 1, 2, 2, 2, 8

The downside: I don't own a mobile device so am unable to use Steam mobile auth. Even though there is technically a way to do it with winauth and Google Voice allegedly, I'm not sure if the latter works from Canada. Even if it does, you can't trade until 7 days after you start using mobile auth, which would be 3 days after the sale ends and the cards become invalid.

So... looks like I'm stuck picking up 3 cards each day from the sale, and 3 more from my secondary account which only has a 24 hour hold until the last day, then converting any cards that are leftovers into gems. Not the end of the world though, it's just Steam trivia. :)
skeletonbow:
I got a windows phone that doesn't support the steam app, so I started using this: https://github.com/Jessecar96/SteamAuth on my PC.

Alternatively you could get the mobile emulator, Bluestacks. I never heard of your method.

I think the 3 day restriction is only needed when you trade between accounts instead of the steam market, because I could do it right away.
skeletonbow:
WBGhiro: I got a windows phone that doesn't support the steam app, so I started using this: https://github.com/Jessecar96/SteamAuth on my PC.

Alternatively you could get the mobile emulator, Bluestacks. I never heard of your method.

I think the 3 day restriction is only needed when you trade between accounts instead of the steam market, because I could do it right away.
It's not a 3 day restriction, it's a 1 day restriction direct-trade from my one account to my other account who are both marked as friends of each other. Not sure why it's only 1 day in that case. On the Steam trading forums, trading with other people via trading links people post, or people who click on mine brings up a warning that the trade will be delayed for 7 days for not using mobile auth in the last 7 days, which applies cumulatively to each person, so if it is a two way trade and both do not use mobile auth it would in theory be a 7 day delay, but Valve math adds 7+7=15 for some reason as it gives a total of 7 and 7 to be 15 day delay.

I do not use the Steam marketplace to buy or sell cards, but it tells me the same thing if I go in there.

In order to avoid these delays you not only have to use mobile auth, but you have to have used it 7 days ago, otherwise you have to wait 7 more days even if you start using it immediately, so it doesn't matter if one has a mobile phone and auths with it right now, or some app on a PC - they have to wait 7 days no matter what, and the promo ends in 3 days, so it is not possible to auth within the promo timeframe no matter what someone does unfortunately. ;/
skeletonbow: Not sure why it's only 1 day in that case.
From what I recall, it's because those two accounts are friends for more than a year.
skeletonbow:
WBGhiro: I got a windows phone that doesn't support the steam app, so I started using this: https://github.com/Jessecar96/SteamAuth on my PC.

Steam launched this week the official app for Windows Phone.
WBGhiro:
DalekSec: Steam launched this week the official app for Windows Phone.
There's a Windows phone?
skeletonbow: There's a Windows phone?
Windows Os, to be precise. Nokia has it.

Eh, I thought they never would go around do it at this point. I don't want to go through the trouble to de-aunthentify my account now.
Post edited July 01, 2016 by WBGhiro
Alright!

I have to set up my mobile verifying thingy ma-bob that's steam's screwing with but tomorrow it should be up & I'd be looking at the following (Format is Game Name - Card Name):

[Have]
Batman™: Arkham Origins - Bane
Batman™: Arkham Origins - Deadshot
Batman™: Arkham Origins - Deadshot
Batman™: Arkham Origins - Electrocutioner
Bioshock Infinite - Elizabeth
Bioshock Infinite - Fireman
Bioshock Infinite - Lutece Twins
Bioshock Infinite - SongBird
Call Of Duty Black Ops III - Winslow Accord Cyber-Soldier
Castlestorm - Freia
Castlestorm - King Edgar
Castlestorm - Lord Rufus
Castlestorm - Chief Ramhorn
Castlestorm - Sir Brutus
Doom - Cyberdemon
Defense Grid - Protect the cores
Defense Grid - Flyers Incoming
Defense Grid - Look Sharp, They're Coming
Defense Grid - Is Something Burning
Defense Grid - There's Something New Coming
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut - DXHR Fire Fight
FINAL FANTASY IX - Vivi Ornitier
FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster - Gullwings
Jets'n'Guns Gold - Coffinator 5000
La-Mulana - Shorn Kosugi
La-Mulana - Elder Xelpud
La-Mulana - Overburdened
Lost Planet 3 - LP3 - Braddock
Mark of the Ninja - Stalkers
Mark of the Ninja - Masked
Mark of the Ninja - Masked
Pillars of Eternity - Sagani
Pixel Puzzles 2: Anime - kamu
Pixel Puzzles 2: Anime - Baiorin
Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut - Bolo
Talisman: Digital Edition - Lion
Talisman: Digital Edition - Serpent
The Typing of The Dead: Overkill - Florida
The Typing of The Dead: Overkill - Fetid Waters
The Typing of The Dead: Overkill - Wheel Deal
Thief - Basso
Thief - Garrett
Thief - Orion
Thief - Thief Taker General
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Muton
Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim - Prayer

[Want]
Abyss Odyssey - Paganini
Abyss Odyssey - Verbum Dei
Abyss Odyssey - Soldiers
Lords Of The Fallen - Entry
Lords Of The Fallen - Chamber
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Arisen
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Dragon
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Feste
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Griffin
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III - Dragon
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III - Imaginary Places
Post edited July 21, 2016 by JunglePredator
Since this thread is alive again, I think I should point out 2 sites that are tremendously useful for trading cards.

1st is http://www.steamtradematcher.com/
Very simple, scans your inventory then compares it to the inventory of everyone who uses steamtradematcher.
It then displays the duplicates matches it found! You can trade by clicking only one button.
I like it, because the trades are only between duplicates of the same set and they have a 1:1 strict rule.

2nd is http://www.steamcardexchange.net/
This one works differently. You can only trade with the bot's inventory, but it gives credits for the value of each card.
This is great for mixed sets trading. You can give low-valued cards to get one that's expensive, or store credits until a card becomes available. I can provide details if anyone is interested.

My own steamtradematcher link is https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=http://www.steamtradematcher.com/quickmatch/phandom
Use it to scan my inventory, if you're interested in trading with me.
*pokes dead thread*

Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor not a mortician!