It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get Mystery Games in Leprechauns’ Hats • 300+ deals up to 90% off

UPDATE: The Sale is coming to its end and Daedalic's catalog joins in for the final stretch, alongside steampunk dungeon-crawler Vaporum. Make sure to snatch your Leprechaun hats and sweet deals until March 19, 11pm, everyone!

Oh, Paddy, dear, an' did ye hear the news that's goin' round? It's the start of the GOG.com St. Patrick’s Day Sale, lasting the whole week, I found!

Come join the festivities - we’re launching with 300+ deals up to -90%, and Leprechaun Hats full of great Mystery Games!

Since we’re all Irish this week, how about having some fun, and checking what the GOG Leprechauns have for us, hidden in their mystery Hats! Every Leprechaun Hat contains a Mystery Game that you don't own yet – it's a great way to discover something new and broaden your horizons. What's more, those Mystery Games that are also on sale cost more than the cost of a Hat, so you know you’re getting a great deal with every Hat you open. Check the FAQ for details.

And if you don’t trust in what the mischievous GOG Leprechauns will pick for you, choose from more than 300 deals, with discounts ranging up to -90%. We’ve selected for you some all-time classics, as well as the best games from recent years including Little Nightmares (-50%), Ys SEVEN (-25%), ABZU (-50%), Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (-75%), Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition (-40%), STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic II (up to -75%), Yooka-Laylee (-66%) and many more.

The GOG.com St. Patrick’s Day Sale will last until March 19, 11pm UTC.
Starmaker: (...)
Thank for sharing your observations, and I'm glad it's fixed for you now.
Mr.Mumbles: That's some serious discount. =P
Ooops... ;D
kneekoo: I hit Ctrl+F and wrote "-90". Nothing found, but then I went to the store page, which lists the games one line after another, but there were 9 pages so again I hit Ctrl+F and wrote "-90" because looking after the 90% discounts requires patience on an 800+ games list. Again, nothing found.

My searching skills are fine. It's this damned website that got harder to use because of various design choices.
Well, I just clicked on the "ALL DEALS" tab, on the "BROWSE DEALS" bar, then scrolled down.
You only have to look out for the orange discount tags, because these are for 50% + discounts.

In the first section I found "The Dwarves".
After clicking on "LOAD MORE DEALS", I found "Serious Sam: Second Encounter".
After clicking on "LOAD MORE DEALS" for the second time, I found "Deadly Premonition", very quickly.
You can click on "LOAD MORE DEALS" for a last time, but there arer only a few games left, and none with 90%off.

Like I said, took me less than two minutes.

Croyzers: Errr, wouldn't that be gambling then and GOG would need a gambling license?

Until GOG makes that change, this is a digital sale, and people are entitled to the refunds (by law)
Well,...is there a global law active, that forbids lootboxes? Or that requires the company behind these boxes, to have a gambling license?
Because, in my opinion, this "lucky-sale" is the same.

Heck, GOG could call it "the lucky lootbox sale".

And if it's the same - is there a global law active, that entitles players to get a refund, if their purchased lootboxes don't contain, what they wished for?

You don't really buy a game here - you buy the technical equivalent of a lootbox, containing a random game, which comes as a surprise, in the same way, the content of a "in-game-lootbox" comes as a surprise.

And afaik (I never purchased a lootbox), you are not entitled to a refund on lootboxes.
Maybe I'm wrong?

Edited some words in.
Post edited March 14, 2018 by BreOl72
kneekoo: I hit Ctrl+F and wrote "-90". Nothing found, but then I went to the store page, which lists the games one line after another, but there were 9 pages so again I hit Ctrl+F and wrote "-90" because looking after the 90% discounts requires patience on an 800+ games list. Again, nothing found.

My searching skills are fine. It's this damned website that got harder to use because of various design choices.
BreOl72: Well, I just clicked on the "ALL DEALS" tab, on the "BROWSE DEALS" bar, then scrolled down.
You only have to look out for the orange discount tags, because these are for 50% + discounts.

In the first section I found "The Dwarves".
After clicking on "LOAD MORE DEALS", I found "Serious Sam: Second Encounter".
After clicking on "LOAD MORE DEALS" for the second time, I found "Deadly Premonition", very quickly.
You can click on "LOAD MORE DEALS" for a last time, but there arer only a few games left, and none with 90%off.

Like I said, took me less than two minutes.
Searching like I described above only takes seconds, and when you know how to perform this search it's just easier. I don't want to spend more time than necessary for such things. I have plenty of things to do, and never enough time.
kneekoo: Searching like I described above only takes seconds, and when you know how to perform this search it's just easier. I don't want to spend more time than necessary for such things. I have plenty of things to do, and never enough time.
Yeah, well - [shrug] - I just showed you a way to get results, where your method seemingly didn't work.
And two minutes invested, doesn't seem to be too much time, if I really want something.
But YMMV, of course.
So why is a Russian hat $0.99 and a Romanian hat $3.07? Are they made from different materials?:)
kneekoo: Searching like I described above only takes seconds, and when you know how to perform this search it's just easier. I don't want to spend more time than necessary for such things. I have plenty of things to do, and never enough time.
BreOl72: Yeah, well - [shrug] - I just showed you a way to get results, where your method seemingly didn't work.
And two minutes invested, doesn't seem to be too much time, if I really want something.
But YMMV, of course.
I detailed the problem and the solution in my post. At least give me a hint you noticed. It's faster than looking at all the orange tags, but still less than optimal considering the front page only shows the games in the current event, not all the discounts on the website.

So going through the whole list of games on sale is generally better. And if we could sort the games by discounts and prices, it would take even less time to browse through them. I'm not always on a rush, so I don't always use the website in this manner, but it helps me a lot when I have little time to spare. I just wish GOG would care about such stuff and do something about it.
Post edited March 14, 2018 by kneekoo
Melvinica: So why is a Russian hat $0.99 and a Romanian hat $3.07? Are they made from different materials?:)
I always wondered what my backlog would look like if we had Russian prices on GOG...
In Poland it's 9,99 PLN, which is around $3.
A bit boring sale, from my perspective most games I wanted I bought already on previous sales. Probably this will be the first sale that I did't buy any game - only 3 DCL. There's only one silly hope, that at the end of sale appears more new offers...
Zoidberg: So it's my day, today. Can I get a game? :P

Yeah, but our opinions don't matter so I guess there's nothing to do. :/
Pica-Ludica: That's not entirely true, though. :) We made them change their mind about Opus Magnum, so they do listen. Voicing your opinion is always worth a shot, as long as your arguments re sound! ^^
I thought that was pretty impressive that Opus Magnum showed up on GOG so quickly after it was officially rejected. The outcry from GOG's customer base made it happen, and that just shows how much GOG really cares about their customers. Good job GOG!
kneekoo: [...] a progress bar for those who wanted some free games once they reached some milestones.
[...]
bhrigu: The progress bar system awarding games based on your purchase was a really good format.
I agree! People who buy a lot of games ought to be rewarded, yesno? I love free games, and the progress bar reward thing made me happy.
Post edited March 15, 2018 by badon
Chamb: Regarding the issue with not being properly notified about the possibility of getting a game you already own from the hats - we identified a bug which was causing that, and released an update addressing it (meaning it should not happen anymore).
Starmaker: It still does, I just got Jagged Alliance 2 without a warning.
WARNING: Jagged Alliance 2 is a lot of fun.
badon: Me too. My gaming life is much more stress-free when I don't have to deal with the arrogance of a Steam monopoly. Not a single penny goes to anyone else. Only GOG. GOG earned it, GOG deserves it, much more than any other company. GOG makes me a happy gamer.
HeathGCF: I haven't bought anything elsewhere since 2015, including boxed games. The last boxed game I bought was TW3 and that was when I properly 'discovered' GOG and registered an account here, even though I was somewhat vaguely aware of the site prior to that.

TW3 was probably the last game 'out of the box' that worked properly and without issues for me, so once I learned that GOG was part of the same company as CDPR, it was an easy decision. No more Steam or Origin or whatever, no more DRM hassle, no need to download additional crap I don't want, plus there's plenty of games on offer to keep me interested and I've recently surpassed 100 games in my GOG library.

The few times I've ever needed to deal with customer service here, they've always been polite, friendly, helpful, resolving any issue swiftly and to my satisfaction. That also goes a long way, especially after poor experiences elsewhere, such as Steam, with utterly inadequate and useless responses, that's if they bother responding.

These days, even if it's a newer game release I might be interested in, I simply won't buy it unless it comes to GOG. That's why I'm pleased to see some of the newer releases like Kingdom Come: Deliverance and others, coming here too. We may be in a minority when compared to the volume of people using Steam, etc, but I'm certainly much happier with the choice I made in 2015, regarding how and where I purchase PC games.
I'm with you 100%. A few people complain about GOG releasing new games instead of "Good Old Games", but I think this is a positive development. Unless someone wants to go back in time and make more old games, the supply of old games is limited, and GOG must offer something else (new) after the market for old games is saturated. I have started spending a little bit more money for more recent games, because I now have over 200 games in my account, and there are not enough old games to keep me interested.

I'm still going to wait for prices to come down after some new releases, but I'm definitely in the market for newer games, and I'm glad GOG is using their clout to bring some of the best ones to us. For games I want that are not available on GOG yet, I will just wait for those too. I want the Total War series, and I suspect GOG will eventually be able to add those games their inventory.
kneekoo: [...] I remember a sale not long ago, which had both this luck-based system and a progress bar for those who wanted some free games once they reached some milestones. [...]
Looking at my purchase history my biggest purchases have been either those sales (when the bonus games was something either I or a friend was interested in), games (or movies) going on a sale for the first time since I joined, or a new release. Obviously I can't speak for everyone, but that sales format seems to be the most effective on me. :)

JinseiNGC224: [Request for feedback on Absolver]
You'll probably get better feedback from asking in the dedicated Absolver subforum, rather than on page 10 of an only vaguely related news post response thread. ;)
Best of luck!

badon: [...] Unless someone wants to go back in time and make more old games, the supply of old games is limited, and GOG must offer something else (new) after the market for old games is saturated. [...]
Don't worry: Like cheese and wine, games will age. AI War was new in 2009, but in 2018 it's actually kind of old... I don't see GOG running out of good old games for a long time, as long as they keep stocking up. ;)
Post edited March 15, 2018 by HeartsAndRainbows
I guess this was it then for me... :'(
Attachments:
badon: Unless someone wants to go back in time and make more old games, the supply of old games is limited
Um, that's not how it works!

People make new games. Time makes old games. We have plenty new old games to look forward to.