It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get Mystery Games in Leprechauns’ Hats • 300+ deals up to 90% off

UPDATE: The Sale is coming to its end and Daedalic's catalog joins in for the final stretch, alongside steampunk dungeon-crawler Vaporum. Make sure to snatch your Leprechaun hats and sweet deals until March 19, 11pm, everyone!

Oh, Paddy, dear, an' did ye hear the news that's goin' round? It's the start of the GOG.com St. Patrick’s Day Sale, lasting the whole week, I found!

Come join the festivities - we’re launching with 300+ deals up to -90%, and Leprechaun Hats full of great Mystery Games!

Since we’re all Irish this week, how about having some fun, and checking what the GOG Leprechauns have for us, hidden in their mystery Hats! Every Leprechaun Hat contains a Mystery Game that you don't own yet – it's a great way to discover something new and broaden your horizons. What's more, those Mystery Games that are also on sale cost more than the cost of a Hat, so you know you’re getting a great deal with every Hat you open. Check the FAQ for details.

And if you don’t trust in what the mischievous GOG Leprechauns will pick for you, choose from more than 300 deals, with discounts ranging up to -90%. We’ve selected for you some all-time classics, as well as the best games from recent years including Little Nightmares (-50%), Ys SEVEN (-25%), ABZU (-50%), Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (-75%), Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition (-40%), STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic II (up to -75%), Yooka-Laylee (-66%) and many more.

The GOG.com St. Patrick’s Day Sale will last until March 19, 11pm UTC.
I got...
OlliOlli 2
Hatoful Boyfriend
Downwell
AvP 2000 Classic
Planet Nomads.
And zero hats.
I like the idea of a mystery games, its kinda fun but when you get games you will never play kinda ruins the experience.
pmcollectorboy: *snip*
Sorry but I'm a bit confused. Did you buy these or were they the results of the hat giveaway thingie?

If they were part of the hat thingie, please post your list in the tracking thread:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/what_mystery_game_did_you_get_from_the_hat/

Thanks
Post edited March 14, 2018 by drmike
pmcollectorboy: *snip*
drmike: If you haven't, please post your list in the tracking thread:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/what_mystery_game_did_you_get_from_the_hat/

Thanks
None of those were from hats. I did the stars thing last time.
pmcollectorboy: None of those were from hats. I did the stars thing last time.
After I wrote that, I realized you may have been talking about the sale and edited my post.

Sorry for the confusion.
CelineSSauve: Anyone else as confused as I am that half the "Highlights" on the main page don't have any discount at all?
drmike: Nah, even I;ve been here long enough to wonder some times how GoG does things.

Those are recent releases that are being highlighted. For example the KSP DLC was just released a few hours ago.
Ah. Not highlights for the sale, okay. I was confused because they were beneath the "hat" thing. (Got a useless First Person Shooter when I tried one of those years ago, so I've no interest in those, but I took the proximity to mean they were related.)

Thanks for clearing that up!
It would be cool if you bought a hat and when you opened it, you had the option to gift or keep it.
Just a suggestion for the next time.
HeathGCF: I only buy games via GOG
Me too. My gaming life is much more stress-free when I don't have to deal with the arrogance of a Steam monopoly. Not a single penny goes to anyone else. Only GOG. GOG earned it, GOG deserves it, much more than any other company. GOG makes me a happy gamer.
Post edited March 14, 2018 by badon
Random_Coffee: BUY BLOODLINES

That is all.
ciemnogrodzianin: This man is right!
It's worth all leprechaun's hats you can afford and there is no risk - you'll get one of the best crpgs ever made and experience you'll never forget.
VtM:B is technicalwise not that great and is actually not playable without the unofficial patch from Werner Spahl (aka wesp5). A fate which all the Troika games got. Troika made great games, but buggy as hell and one is more unfinished then the other. Bloodlines was their last game before they filled in for bankruptcy and unfortunately you can see that back. Thanks to wesp5 (and some other modders as well) it's made playable and underneath the bugfest there is a great game with a good story, character development and choices. You should also take a look to Arcanum:
Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura and The Temple of Elemental Evil, the other 2 Troika games, here on GoG as well.
But just as VtM:B be sure to grab those unofficial patches.
Starmaker: It still does, I just got Jagged Alliance 2 without a warning.
Hmm, can you help me understand this better, by answering the questions below? My suspicion is that it may be communication issue not technical issue.

- Where and in what form did you expect to get the warning?
- Did we provide you with a warning in the form you've described above in previous Mystery Games promos?
- From where did you add the hat to cart (which page)?
- Could you paste here a screen from the frontage (gog.com) showing the top of the page with the whole promo header?

Thanks in advance.
HeathGCF: I only buy games via GOG
badon: Me too. My gaming life is much more stress-free when I don't have to deal with the arrogance of a Steam monopoly. Not a single penny goes to anyone else. Only GOG. GOG earned it, GOG deserves it, much more than any other company. GOG makes me a happy gamer.
I haven't bought anything elsewhere since 2015, including boxed games. The last boxed game I bought was TW3 and that was when I properly 'discovered' GOG and registered an account here, even though I was somewhat vaguely aware of the site prior to that.

TW3 was probably the last game 'out of the box' that worked properly and without issues for me, so once I learned that GOG was part of the same company as CDPR, it was an easy decision. No more Steam or Origin or whatever, no more DRM hassle, no need to download additional crap I don't want, plus there's plenty of games on offer to keep me interested and I've recently surpassed 100 games in my GOG library.

The few times I've ever needed to deal with customer service here, they've always been polite, friendly, helpful, resolving any issue swiftly and to my satisfaction. That also goes a long way, especially after poor experiences elsewhere, such as Steam, with utterly inadequate and useless responses, that's if they bother responding.

These days, even if it's a newer game release I might be interested in, I simply won't buy it unless it comes to GOG. That's why I'm pleased to see some of the newer releases like Kingdom Come: Deliverance and others, coming here too. We may be in a minority when compared to the volume of people using Steam, etc, but I'm certainly much happier with the choice I made in 2015, regarding how and where I purchase PC games.
Post edited March 14, 2018 by HeathGCF
Finally had time to go through the list of games on sale, and am surprised at how little love there is for RPGs. Still, I picked up a couple of Sherlock Holmes games and the first Age of Wonders and Hidden & Dangerous games.
So I never wishlisted Absolver. I noticed reviews weren't stellar, but even more so it didn't fully appeal to me for the price tag and content presented. It's still not really on my wishlist, but since it's 50% off, would this game be fun if I bought two copies to play online co-op with a friend? Or is that experience short lived and not even worth $15 (x2 for two copies)?

https://www.gog.com/game/absolver
Post edited March 14, 2018 by JinseiNGC224
candesco: You should also take a look to Arcanum:
Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura and The Temple of Elemental Evil, the other 2 Troika games, here on GoG as well.
But just as VtM:B be sure to grab those unofficial patches.
I've completed Arcanum without patches and loved it. In my top 3 crpgs ever played, I think. Temple is considered probably a bit worse, but I'm going to check myself soon!
Starmaker: It still does, I just got Jagged Alliance 2 without a warning.
Chamb: Hmm, can you help me understand this better, by answering the questions below? My suspicion is that it may be communication issue not technical issue.

- Where and in what form did you expect to get the warning?
- Did we provide you with a warning in the form you've described above in previous Mystery Games promos?
- From where did you add the hat to cart (which page)?
- Could you paste here a screen from the frontage (gog.com) showing the top of the page with the whole promo header?

Thanks in advance.
It got fixed sometime between my post and today 7 am GMT. Specifically, the button was yellow and used to read "get a $0.99 hat", now it's green and reads "gift a hat".

I expected the button on the main page to change color or label or both, and/or for the checkout page to force the gifting interface.

The very awesome star sale did the same (contrast button for buying, outline for gifting). Some earlier sales, I think, used to force the gifting interface at checkout (with the *required empty text field for email).

I added hats to the cart from the main page, www.gog.com, and bought them one at a time with store credit. I used the promo page to open hats. (Its button wasn't any different.)

Both pages now have the green button and gift label.

Timeline:
March 12: sale starts, I buy tenbux of store credit, 1x brand-new hat (Syberia 3), 3x dupe one by one
March 13, around 3 pm GMT: your post announcing a fix
March 13, 5:34 pm GMT: 1x dupe
March 14, 7 am GMT: green buttons.