It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get Mystery Games in Leprechauns’ Hats • 300+ deals up to 90% off

UPDATE: The Sale is coming to its end and Daedalic's catalog joins in for the final stretch, alongside steampunk dungeon-crawler Vaporum. Make sure to snatch your Leprechaun hats and sweet deals until March 19, 11pm, everyone!

Oh, Paddy, dear, an' did ye hear the news that's goin' round? It's the start of the GOG.com St. Patrick’s Day Sale, lasting the whole week, I found!

Come join the festivities - we’re launching with 300+ deals up to -90%, and Leprechaun Hats full of great Mystery Games!

Since we’re all Irish this week, how about having some fun, and checking what the GOG Leprechauns have for us, hidden in their mystery Hats! Every Leprechaun Hat contains a Mystery Game that you don't own yet – it's a great way to discover something new and broaden your horizons. What's more, those Mystery Games that are also on sale cost more than the cost of a Hat, so you know you’re getting a great deal with every Hat you open. Check the FAQ for details.

And if you don’t trust in what the mischievous GOG Leprechauns will pick for you, choose from more than 300 deals, with discounts ranging up to -90%. We’ve selected for you some all-time classics, as well as the best games from recent years including Little Nightmares (-50%), Ys SEVEN (-25%), ABZU (-50%), Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (-75%), Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition (-40%), STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic II (up to -75%), Yooka-Laylee (-66%) and many more.

The GOG.com St. Patrick’s Day Sale will last until March 19, 11pm UTC.
Ditch the "mystery game" stuff. How about a RNG to select a game from a persons account Wishlist? Or better yet, have a Wishlist sale.
Enebias: Nothing new today?
Ghost of a Tale
3$ for a hat/random game seems a bit much. If it was a random game on my wishlist sure maybe but just any random game makes me think it should be 1$ per hat/random game
Not interested in hats/piñatas myself, but for those who are it's a pity that the current prices don't reflect the crazy dollar/euro exchange rate.

There are so many sales during the year that even if one is not particularly appealing, I wouldn't consider it that big of a deal.
Post edited March 13, 2018 by Caesar.
loot boxes LUL i learned my lesson the 1st time around with the star sytem last winter.
so, yesterday, i was talking about what a mess the tile system is.

today's a case in point.

yay! you added devolver digital!
boo! it's so hard to figure out which games you added, because the tile system is a mess.

so, i ended up spending EXTRA CLICKS [which would have taken me right out of the moment of possibly buying something] to find which games were on sale through a search from the store.

you're LOSING potential sales this way, gog.
high rated
Regarding the issue with not being properly notified about the possibility of getting a game you already own from the hats - we identified a bug which was causing that, and released an update addressing it (meaning it should not happen anymore).
Post edited March 13, 2018 by Chamb
GOG.com: UPDATE: Devolver's finest have now been added to the sale lineup! However, note that those games are NOT included in the Mystery Games pool.
With few exceptions, I don't tend to memorize publisher's name or their games. Couldn't you have update some tiles to reflect that new added games?
high rated
Added Today:

A Fistful of Gun
A Fistful of Gun Soundtrack
Absolver
Absolver: Deluxe Edition
Absolver: Deluxe Edition Upgrade
Always Sometimes Monsters
Block'hood
Broforce
Downwell
Dropsy
Dropsy: Warm Damp Hug
Enter the Gungeon
Enter the Gungeon Collector's Edition Upgrade
Gods Will Be Watching
Gods Will Be Watching: Special Edition
Gods Will Be Watching: Special Edition Upgrade
Hatoful Boyfriend
Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star
Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star - Collector's Pack
Hotline Miami
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Digital Special Edition
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Digital Special Edition Upgrade
Luftrausers
Mother Russia Bleeds
Mother Russia Bleeds: Dealer Edition
Not a Hero
Not a Hero: Global Megalord Edition
Not a Hero: Global Megalord Edition Upgrade
Okhlos: Omega
Okhlos: Omega Olympus Edition
Okhlos: Omega Olympus Edition Upgrade
OlliOlli
OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood
OmniBus: Game of the Year Edition
Pyre
Reigns
Reigns Collector's Edition Upgrade
Ronin
Ronin: Digital Special Edition
Ronin: Digital Special Edition Upgrade
Ruiner
Ruiner Soundtrack
Serious Sam: The First Encounter
Serious Sam: The Second Encounter
Serious Sam's Bogus Detour
Shadow Warrior (2013)
Shadow Warrior 2
Shadow Warrior 2 Deluxe
Shadow Warrior 2 Deluxe Upgrade
Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
Stories Untold
STRAFE Official Soundtrack
STRAFE: Millennium Edition
Titan Souls
Titan Souls: Digital Special Edition
Titan Souls: Digital Special Edition Upgrade

For more details...
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CF-oBHAEZE6T8zlLaIbQsdOWv_8tpV-QbDOhGsehX_Q/edit?usp=sharing
I've added a tab for new additions as well!
Post edited March 13, 2018 by RWarehall
Chamb: Regarding the issue with not being properly notified about the possibility of getting a game you already own from the hats - we identified a bug which was causing that, and released an update addressing it (meaning it should not happen anymore
I can confirm, that my broken "gift display" now works correctly. I cannot buy hats anymore, only gift them.

And that should be correct considering the list of games in the hats.

Thanks a lot, I seem to have too many games here already. ^^
tinyE: BTW, how many of us are actually Irish? :P
Do you count someone who plays primarily as Celts in Age of Empires 2?
RWarehall: Added Today:

For more details...
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CF-oBHAEZE6T8zlLaIbQsdOWv_8tpV-QbDOhGsehX_Q/edit?usp=sharing
I've added a tab for new additions as well!
Thank you!
Are there any gripes about Mafia other than the original soundtrack being gone?

I have the disc and have played it years ago but I'd like to own it here unless there are other bugs.
My two cents:

Personally, I don't like these sales (Luck of the Irish, Pot of Gold, Piniata, etc), but I don't mind GOG offering them.
After all: I'm not forced to participate.

I even tried it once (don't remember which sale it was, but I think, the games were $1,-each back then?), and it only strenghtened my resolve, to never ever take part again.

I spent $3,- and ended with three games, which I would've never bought, normally, and which I haven't played to this day,

Now, I can totally see the "usefulness" of such sales for new users, with none, or only a few games in their GOG-account, because for these users, it's a chance to (maybe) get a few good games for little money.

For me (or any other user with many /the majority of offered games already in their account) the possible outcome is too one-sided in regard to getting doubles, and or unwanted games.

You don't really want to bet against these odds.

But the thing, that I dislike the most about all these "try-your-luck-sales", is the fact, that GOG allows refunds.

Just look at all the comments of users, disappointed with the outcome of their "bet" and then going for a refund
(or even refunds, because some obviously try it over and over)

I guess, we're all old enough to know, how lotteries work.
You spend money, to get a chance, to get something in return. Hopefully, something, which is worth more, than the money you spent.

With GOGs lucky sales, the buyer always gets something in return.
It may not be what the buyer wants, but the buyer always gets something.

Here's the thing: if I go and buy a scratch-card or some other kind of a lottery ticket,
I can't return it, even after I won absolutely nothing (or not the price, that I wished for).

I have to live with the consequences (=money spent for nothing in return /for something, I don't appreciate).
There is no "having second thoughts" afterwards.

I wish, GOG would take on this concept:

You are about to enter a lottery, albeit one, with no duds.

Every ticket is a winning ticket.
That's right - you'll always win.
However, there's no guarantee, that you win something, that you want.
There is no guarantee, that you will win something, which you don't already own.
That's the risk, you wittingly and willingly accept, if you partake in our lottery.
There will be no refunds on doubles and or unwanted games (instead, you'll receive a gift-code for doubles).

Hey GOG: make the above a box to tick by every user before buying a "ticket" (maybe using some more legal mumbojumbo) and look, how many users still "gamble" with you.

Edit: spelling
Post edited March 13, 2018 by BreOl72
Enebias: Nothing new today?
I was expecting DMC HD Collection here today. :(

We need more (good) Capcom games on GOG.