It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get Mystery Games in Leprechauns’ Hats • 300+ deals up to 90% off

UPDATE: The Sale is coming to its end and Daedalic's catalog joins in for the final stretch, alongside steampunk dungeon-crawler Vaporum. Make sure to snatch your Leprechaun hats and sweet deals until March 19, 11pm, everyone!

Oh, Paddy, dear, an' did ye hear the news that's goin' round? It's the start of the GOG.com St. Patrick’s Day Sale, lasting the whole week, I found!

Come join the festivities - we’re launching with 300+ deals up to -90%, and Leprechaun Hats full of great Mystery Games!

Since we’re all Irish this week, how about having some fun, and checking what the GOG Leprechauns have for us, hidden in their mystery Hats! Every Leprechaun Hat contains a Mystery Game that you don't own yet – it's a great way to discover something new and broaden your horizons. What's more, those Mystery Games that are also on sale cost more than the cost of a Hat, so you know you’re getting a great deal with every Hat you open. Check the FAQ for details.

And if you don’t trust in what the mischievous GOG Leprechauns will pick for you, choose from more than 300 deals, with discounts ranging up to -90%. We’ve selected for you some all-time classics, as well as the best games from recent years including Little Nightmares (-50%), Ys SEVEN (-25%), ABZU (-50%), Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (-75%), Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition (-40%), STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic II (up to -75%), Yooka-Laylee (-66%) and many more.

The GOG.com St. Patrick’s Day Sale will last until March 19, 11pm UTC.
idbeholdME: Be a little considerate of others.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Being considerate of others is precisely the reason why neither GOG nor any other store should ever sell any random items based on gambling mechanics. That type of thing takes advantage of people who are addicted to gambling, and perhaps it also helps to form new gambling habits in people who did not previously have any.
Nobody is taking advantage of anyone. If someone impulse buys 50 of them and then regrets it because he only got 3 things he wanted and the rest of the money was wasted, the only thing to blame is the person's lack of self control/risk evaluation. That is the (for someone) tough reality. The world is not padded in bubble wrap and not all stairs have safety rails. Gambling addicts are unfortunate, but I seriously doubt that $3 lootboxes are a big problem here, not to mention that you can usually refund the lootboxes on GOG anyway unlike pretty much everywhere else.

I should also clarify, that I would never buy a lootbox, unless the entire or the majority of the list was composed of things I would be interested in (hasn't happened yet) as then it would just be buying things I want at a cheaper than regular price.
I don’t really like this kind of mystery sale, either :/ Too afraid of getting a game I’m not interested in, but I might still buy something from the "standard" deals. I haven’t bought many games over the last months because I already have too many to play and finish…

Ar aon nós, Lá Fhéile Pádraig sona daoibh, cé nach é inniu é :) (“Anyway, happy Saint Patrick’s Day to you [pl.], even though it is not today”. Not 100 % sure about the part after the second comma, if there is a better Gaeilgeoir around here, please correct me !)
LordBaki: I like you GOG, I like you more then Steam, but please stop this RNG madness at once!
Leave the greed to others I beg you!
They have already felt for it. Where GOG once was standing for, providing DRM free games with the promise they are yours to keep, is forgotten it seems. It was also once the home of older games, hence the name good old games. But they dropped that and GOG is now just a brand instead of the abbreviation of good old games. Now it's more home of shovelware, pixelgarbage and even early access games, where some stay early access forever (kenshi). On top of that they removed support for Windows XP even for older games, which makes no sense.
CdProjekt comes up with things like galaxy and tries to shove that to it's customers, while alot joined here because of the offline installers. Installers are still there though, even with games which got galaxy. But for how long.
They started also with allowing dlc packages and even allow some DRM. That they come up with this RNG like events which you normally only see in Asian MMORPG'S is the next step it seems.
GOG isn't GOG anymore and currently you're better off with Steam or with Humblebundle and Indiegala. They have better deals and without RNG. For GOG you have to do a search and only select certain deals.
Post edited March 13, 2018 by candesco
Hmm ... no daily deal :(
Vadalma: Hmm ... no daily deal :(
Good.
tinyE: BTW, how many of us are actually Irish? :P
Actual Irish or of Irish descent?
Very happy with this sale, I got the Flatouts and the Commandos and a couple others like most people got, some of them I already have on Steam, some others not. One or two also had some soundtrack and other goodies that's not in the
Steam releases, so I'm very happy about what I found in my green hats.

Now why am I so happy about this particular sale, simply because it's clearly all about what I'd call "real good old games" i.e there seems to be no recent "the 2D retro metroidvania indie smash hit re-imagined by a one-man developer" that's flooding the market these days (some of them are good, I admit but...), but everything in the sale is actually about you know, good old games, and from "real companies" as well (sorry one-man indie devs, no disrespect intended) :) Peace out, gonna burn some tires in the Flatout games now :)
filiplahoda: Where is Simon the Sorcerer and Death Gate discount?
Death Gate has a permanent 100% "removed from the store" discount :P
kneekoo: [...] a progress bar for those who wanted some free games once they reached some milestones.
[...]
The progress bar system awarding games based on your purchase was a really good format.
It sucks because I own most games on Steam and GOG Connect is limited.... so there is high possibility I will own the game as most of those Steam games were also low priced.
Question. Can I refund?
Post edited March 13, 2018 by savvym
savvym: It sucks because I own most games on Steam and GOG Connect is limited.... so there is high possibility I will own the game as most of those Steam games were also low priced.
Question. Can I refund?
If you buy a game and you don't download it, you have 30 days to ask for a no-question-asked refund here on GOG. Anyway, if you see that you've bought a game that you already own on Steam (and you've already dowloaded it) I'm sure GOG will grant you a refund to your GOG wallet, just don't abuse it.
Post edited March 13, 2018 by user deleted
savvym: It sucks because I own most games on Steam and GOG Connect is limited.... so there is high possibility I will own the game as most of those Steam games were also low priced.
Question. Can I refund?
Desmight: If you buy a game and you don't download it, you have 30 days to ask for a no-question-asked refund here on GOG. Anyway, if you see that you've bought a game that you already own on Steam (and you already dowloaded it) I'm sure GOG will grant you a refund to your GOG wallet, just don't abuse it.
Thank you. I never asked for refund here on GOG, so no abuse from my side.
I found it: "We can't guarantee that each mystery game will be compatible with your operating system and hardware. However, our standard refund policy still applies."
Post edited March 13, 2018 by savvym
Nothing new today?
Well, I bought 2x Mystery Hats and although I didn't get any duplicates of games I already own, I'd never buy or play either of the two games I did get. For €2.59 each I took a chance, but the outcome wasn't very lucky for me.

Based on suggestions seen in this thread, I asked customer support for a refund. They quickly got back to me offering a full cash refund or wallet funds. I chose the latter as I only buy games via GOG and I'm sure there'll be something else that'll catch my eye soon enough. The whole process took about 15 minutes from my initial request, to being credited with the wallet funds, which was very impressive.

On the plus side, I also bought Dying Light on offer today, which has been waiting patiently on my wishlist for a nice discount. :)
HeathGCF: On the plus side, I also bought Dying Light on offer today, which has been waiting patiently on my wishlist for a nice discount. :)
I've played it for 115 hours on Steam and yesterday I've happily re-bought it here on GOG to play it for 115 hours more. Such a great game!
Post edited March 13, 2018 by user deleted